Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How did you change your life since 9/11

ceeotter

Originally posted by ceeotter

I promised myself to think in the present and not just think about the future...live for today.

Anyone else???

Exactly what I try to do. Instead of stressing so much and partaking in unnecessary drama, I try to live life more in the moment, stop to take notice from time to time of what makes life so precious. I am also learning not to take people for granted as well.

Appreciate the "little" things in life....a walk in the park, smell of a flower, touch of a loved one, a smile from elderly/child, a drive on ocean avenue, a walk on the beach, holding hands, looking into each others eyes but not speaking a word, family, friends ...

and show love as if there were no tomorrow so that person knows EXACTLY how you feel......because there may not be a tomorrow.....

I REMEMBER YOU!! I STILL LOVE YOU.

wow nice to hear these things. I wont say it hasnt affected me it had an affect on anyone. I just dont think i have let it change my life in any way. i guess the only thng that changed is knowing one minute something is there the next its gone. People use to ask me how i am always in the city but never been to the WTC or Statue of liberty and all. i use to say ill go when i have a family and can bring my kids. So now i see that nothing in life is permanant

A friend of mine from College worked in the Trade Center. I hadn't seen him in a while, it was one of those things where you just assumed you'd call another day, or run into him somewhere.

I have learned not to look at things like that anymore. I make sure to keep in touch better with Friends and family. I never miss special events and I spend more time with the ones that I love.

I refuse to stay mad or pick fights with anyone I care about... You don't know if they will be there tomarrow.

I have learned to appreciate the little things and live each moment to it's fullest. I have also have a different outlook on life. On the down side though it has changed the way I veiw the world. Since that day I feel like I lost the world I remembered as a child.

i will say that day i felt really badly for the people in the conveinence store up the street from me. They are all middle eastern people and for the most part ok never was anything less than cool with me.

when i finally got home from work i needed smokes. So i went over there. They looked terrified everytime someone walked in. They said almost nothing. They had nothing to do with it but looked scared shitless waiting for the asshole who was going to come in and do something to them because they might want to take it out onsomeone from their area of the world. I kinda felt bad for them and have always been a bit nicer to them since then.

cant imagine what its like to first see all this and maybe even have known someone involved and then to top it off have to be scared all day because someone might attack you over it.

i don't know if it has actually changed me as a person but it has definitly put life and death into a whole new perspective.

i have learned to appreciate life ... just like latinaz said, you enjoy walks in the park, time with your family and friends, even something as simple as a smile or a hug, so much more !!!

eventually you learn the true value of life and the true value of those you love - it's just sad that it's usually when tradgedy occurs for most people.

one thing that has definatly changes is the look of my neighborhood. This guy who is retired asround the corner decided to make a few signs expressing his feeling which he has the right to. One year later there and literally abut 20 signs going across the front of his property. its nice to see he feels for this but also looks ridiclious