Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stern replaying entire 9/11 broadcast......

Emmitt

Originally posted by Emmitt

today on howard, the entire broadcast of the 9/11 show is replaying in memory of the tragedy 9/11....feels like it was just yesterday this happened.....this makes me so sad, and angry!!! God bless America

I was actually listening to Imus this last two mornings, and he wasn't being an asshole.......

i give howard alot of credit. i somewhat liked his show before that but listening to it that da and him being totally out of charecter and serious gave me some respect for him.

some of these jocks go too far for ratings but he was dead serious and not his usual self that day.

kinda funny emmitt said he was pissed i felt like i was the only one that day where my entire body was fulll of rage.

Originally posted by nickymidnite

i dont see why they have to replay it on tv and everything its not like it happened 10 years ago or something people shouldnt have to go threw that whole thing again only a year later i think its wrong to be playin the tapes from that day to remember it shouldnt be done

its all media hgype they dont care what people feel they sit there like on the prowl waiting to feed off of peoples emotions.

i think i missed my calling in life j/k

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

its all media hgype they dont care what people feel they sit there like on the prowl waiting to feed off of peoples emotions.

i don't agree with you ....

what happened one year ago today was HISTORY and we witnessed a party of history that will be known to everyone of our generation for the rest of our lives and then taught to those who follow our generation.

by showing clips on tv's and broadcasting memorial services is part of coping, it is part of showing respect and also part of mourning and at the same time it shows just how far we have come TOGETHER since that day. i don't think they are feeding off of the publics emotions because they too are part of the people that were affected by that day as well, we all were in some way or another.

Originally posted by barbiegirl

what happened one year ago today was HISTORY and we witnessed a party of history that will be known to everyone of our generation for the rest of our lives and then taught to those who follow our generation.

by showing clips on tv's and broadcasting memorial services is part of coping, it is part of showing respect and also part of mourning and at the same time

HOW THE HELL IS WITNESSING OVER AND OVER THE DEATH OF A LOVED ONE ON TELEVISION PART OF COPING??? USE YOUR HEAD AND THINK ABOUT HOW IT WOULD FEEL IF YOU WERE 10 AND YOU HAD TO WATCH THE REPLAY OF YOUR FATHER'S DEATH EVERY NIGHT ON THE 5 O'CLOCK NEWS.......IS THAT PART OF COPING....

PROBABLY WHY THE FIRST LADY SAID TO NOT EVEN TURN ON THE TV TODAY

Originally posted by barbiegirl

by showing clips on tv's and broadcasting memorial services is part of coping, it is part of showing respect and also part of mourning and at the same time it shows just how far we have come TOGETHER since that day. i don't think they are feeding off of the publics emotions because they too are part of the people that were affected by that day as well, we all were in some way or another.

The memorial services yes were for the mourning of lost souls. I agree thier. But, the fact that it was on every single channel all day long was for 1 reason. Ratings. They did what they always do. Take advantage of what people think and care about and just pimp it to them until they can't take it. They don't care if it is a "piece of history". Thier are alot of pieces of history that people don't care or think about. Especially the people who program Television. Things like Pearl Harbor, the death of M.L.K or J.F.K or Abe Lincoln. What about things like The Battle of Gettysberg, the day the Statue of Liberty was given to the U.S by France. I could go on for hours. Can you tell me the days that any of the peices of American History happened? No becuase it's in a book and not on the news.

Originally posted by therealjr

The memorial services yes were for the mourning of lost souls. I agree thier. But, the fact that it was on every single channel all day long was for 1 reason. Ratings. They did what they always do. Take advantage of what people think and care about and just pimp it to them until they can't take it. They don't care if it is a "piece of history". Thier are alot of pieces of history that people don't care or think about. Especially the people who program Television. Things like Pearl Harbor, the death of M.L.K or J.F.K or Abe Lincoln. What about things like The Battle of Gettysberg, the day the Statue of Liberty was given to the U.S by France. I could go on for hours. Can you tell me the days that any of the peices of American History happened? No becuase it's in a book and not on the news.

The reason they aren't on the news is because those things are not current events.