Clubplanet Nightlife Community

American Muslims...

dgmodel

How come the leaders of American Muslims, havent had a rally or some sort of act of patriotism for America even a jesture to pay respects and say that its not all Muslims and etc.???

I have a few muslim friends, and they have no comments on this, and im not in no way prejudice towards muslims or any race,religion or creed... however if an extreme group of ppl using my religion as a reason for a "holy war" id make it a point to go out of my way to say its not all of us, and just a select group of radical/fanatic individuals... As obvious as that is, still need to point it out...

Did any Muslim Association donate any money towards any 9-11, or have any of the proceeds from all those pakistani made I<3NY t-shirts actually make it to NY??? just curious...

you have not heard about the money a saudi prince tried to give to the city of new york..one example.

not sure what you are trying to get with this: how can muslims step out and say or do something about 9/11 when they are constantly living in fear of racism and violence? when i hear of dumbasses who talk about going to paterson to beat up arabs, for what reason does this have to happen...they weren't the ones who bombed the wtc, pentagon,etc, so why act like all muslims have something to hide? the ones who bombed these landmarks were fanatical morons, but does that make 1.2 BILLION muslims all terrorists?

besides, i think 9/11 was felt in some way or another by most people today...

lets say hypothetically speaking japanese radicals blew up rockefellar center... im sure the japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi, and whoever the American Based Liason is would make a public statements saying the actions and views of these ppl are not Typical of all Japanese and etc... something to that extent... something like that... i didnt articulate what i mean very welll however youre a smart womanl im sure you know what i mean...

Originally posted by sassa

the ones who bombed these landmarks were fanatical morons, but does that make 1.2 BILLION muslims all terrorists?

thats exactly what im saying... that they should show their support for America, and their distaste for terrorists... Their silence is only hurting them, IMO... and i hate all these ppl who all of a sudden jump on the hate bandwagon and persecute all these muslims who dont feel the same way as the "Taliban" & Co.

As soon as one hour after the terrorists attacks, hundreds of Muslim organizations faxed their condemnations to over 100,000 networks. Only a handful took these statements and made them public. Just two weeks ago, in Washington, there was a Muslim conference called ISNA, the Islamic Society of North American which I personally attented. Over 35,000 Muslims were at the conference, where everyday we expressed our concerns and regrets about what happened on Sept. 11th. Tell me how many networks broadcasted this?????? How many of you actually heard about it??? Only one network did, C-SPAN, which covered it live.

-XeNo-

so muslims have to pay respect to "us", first of all just because your muslim that does not mean your not an american. secondly why pay respect to the us? isnt the pledge of allegiance and putting up american flags enough respect? i think its a bit much to ask them to have a "we love america" parade