Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'M dancing my own way, thank you.

weyes

last night, when i was out dancing, i was seriously going all out. most people were just dancing in their own little "i'm moving around but only a little 'cause i'm very self-conscious" way, *or* in the "i'll only move as much as i can without spilling my overpriced drink" fashion. so i stood out, 'cause i went there to dance :aright: . what a novel concept - going to a club with a dj and a dancefloor to dance.

when i dance i can tell that some people look at me, but i don't look at other people much when i dance, 'cause i'm in my own groove, and i close my eyes a lot. but one of the djs last night had me dancing in ways i never knew i could dance, and i was in rare form. at some point, these wannabe-diva boys strutted over and mocked me with some all-out dancing out of some ridiculous self-consciousness (there's a lot of that out there) and jealousy that was just lame. they had spent the entire evening standing against the wall making fun of people because they were too nervous and nerveless to dance, themselves. so all they could muster up the courage to do was try to imitate/outdiva me? of which, i'll add, they did a very poor job. please. i am me, the one and only :rolleyes:;) . after their little minute-long outbursts, they just resumed their pointing-and-laughing at everyone else in the place, while being the little wallweeds they were. who needs these people :blank: ?

where did you go?

i know, in some places even if its a club or lounge or any place that plays music some people do anything but dance (unless they are wasted). they are to self conscious. i tell people tp forget thinking about how they look and just relax and enjoy themusic.

I couldnt agree and associate with u anymore, weyes ;)

I follow the same rhythm, or should i say, dance to the beat of my own drum, when i go out. i could care less what other people think, and if anything, them seeing my weird-stylee allows them to be not as self concious and perhaps let go a bit more :)

Originally posted by vicman

where did you go?

i went to honey, which is held on thursdays and has just been moved to circus, where spundae is held on saturdays. honey was only held in the one small room and not the whole club, but the patio was packed and the dancefloor was full enough to be considered a full dancefloor yet still have a lot of room to dance. in the small room there are very few places to sit, which i take as a hint for people to dance!!! (well, of course, one doesn't hafta - do what you want. i'm just sayin' that this isn't a sittin' place/lounge. if ya wanna sit and gab, go outside. it was also way too loud inside to really talk to anyone.)

so honey isn't at arena anymore? Shame, I thought it was a great setup for precisely the reason that there WAS room to dance, not the packed out venues where you can either

a) bob up and down and pretend you're dancing

B) fling your arms out wildly so people think you're drunk/ possessed and give you some room to move

I also dug the upstairs chill out area with the free fruit/ vegetable buffets...