Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone see "The Royal Tenenbaums"?

djmikedr

I thought it was a great movie. Funny as hell but it also had it's serious moments. Best scene in the movie is when Luke Wilson trys to kill himself. Not to sound sick, but the scene was totally unexpected and completely changed the tone of the movie. The accompanying music to the scene is perfect. Speaking of which, the soundtrack is great too.

Brillant. Def. one of the best movies i've seen in the last couple of years.

went to see it in boston with my brother and we were busting our asses laughing, but no one else seemed to be.

It was weird because my brother and i have completely different tastes in everything so it was strange that the 2 of us loved this movie.

Originally posted by gonzojournilist

great movie

but definitly TWISTED!

I agree too ;)

I always liked Gene Hackman, and everyone just seemed to mesh fairly well. The film had a melancholy-type feel to it, which gave it a realistic feel (i.e. unlike the glamourized fake stuff we get today)

It was definitely twisted, which added to the appeal. We need more films to go out on a limb like this :D