Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DC Tunnel?

tinybutterfli

We may have discussed this already but has anyone been to the DC Tunnel? What's it like?

THE DC TUNNEL

One the largest & nicest-looking venues in DC. 10,000+ sq. ft Wooden dance floor(main room alone), 40ft ceilings, multiple rooms of music, multiple chill-out lounges(w/ pool tables!), friendly staff, with inexpensive food & alcohol(bars everywhere)

Anyhow, the reason I'm asking is that one of my friends keeps asking me to go to an event there - usually thrown by DC Skillz (www.dcskillz.com). They had Project Mayhem and Gazm there. I'm not too keen on massives though I did enjoy the Ultraworld ones I went to. Speaking of which, does anyone know if Ultraworld is done for good? (Besides Sonar) Will they still have Starscape?

I haven't been able to go to anything at the Tunnel because they keep having events on nights when there is better stuff going on :tongue:

The Tunnel was actually the first rave type club I ever went to. I was completely overwhelmed by the size of the place. There were scantily clad people dancing on the bars and in cages and several rooms of music. I really didn't know enough about electronica then to make a call on the talent. But it def. was an interesting experience!

I went to Project Mayhem at the Tunnel. It is a very nice venue! Really cool lights and lots of space to run around in -- I think they had about four different rooms (hardcore, the main room, d&b, etc.). The fact that it's so big is probably also a curse tho - Mayhem seemed dead. A fair amount of people came but there was so much space and not a lot of people dancing. (I've found this to be true at all the DC parties I've gone to -- no one dances!) I have also heard that this was an issue at Gazm too. I respect DC Skillz, they have pulled in some pretty decent dj's. Main verdict: nice venue but too big for the amount of people attending, not good if you need a crowd to dance.

I think Ultraworld is done w/ massives for good and has moved on to the club thang -- not 100% on that one tho.

'stina :D

The Tunnel's a really nice venue. DC skillz is looking to make it bigger, too, by acquiring a parking garage next door, or some such nonsense. The biggest problem with the place is ventilation. It gets disgustingly hot there, even in the main room. As for attendance, the count at Mayhem was pretty low when i arrived there, but it WAS at 2:30 am, and from what i hear, the floor was much more crowded before Baby Anne come on. There were definately more people at Gazm. It seems to me if DC Skillz keeps throwing good parties that aren't outrageously expensive, more and more people will go. They seem to be the only group around that doesn't just throw (boring) weeklies. anywho, the DC Tunnel's worth checking out, esp. since it usually only costs 20 bucks or so.

As for Ultraworld, the gossip i heard was no more parties except Starscape, because starscape's the only one they haven't been given a huge hassle over.

my .02

:screwy:

Originally posted by dragongrrrl

The Tunnel's a really nice venue. DC skillz is looking to make it bigger, too, by acquiring a parking garage next door, or some such nonsense. The biggest problem with the place is ventilation. It gets disgustingly hot there, even in the main room. As for attendance, the count at Mayhem was pretty low when i arrived there, but it WAS at 2:30 am, and from what i hear, the floor was much more crowded before Baby Anne come on. There were definately more people at Gazm. It seems to me if DC Skillz keeps throwing good parties that aren't outrageously expensive, more and more people will go. They seem to be the only group around that doesn't just throw (boring) weeklies. anywho, the DC Tunnel's worth checking out, esp. since it usually only costs 20 bucks or so.

As for Ultraworld, the gossip i heard was no more parties except Starscape, because starscape's the only one they haven't been given a huge hassle over.

my .02

:screwy:

Thanks Meglet! :D