Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How are you all paying off your College loans?

georgym

My monthly bill was for $265. Saved up some money and paid a chunck of it off, becuase I lowered the balnce the interest was less. I would send chunks of money whenever I could, B-day, Christmas, Yearly bonus from work. After that I consolodated and now my monthly bill is $130. I still send in more I usually send about $175 just to keep from paying so much interest.

It's just an interest game, pay the loans that have the lowest interest rate then get a loan from the bank which usually has a much lower interest rate than the student loan after it's grace period and just keep repeating till you are able to pay it off. But you still do need a job to pay the principle.

Originally posted by streetraver

It's just an interest game, pay the loans that have the lowest interest rate then get a loan from the bank which usually has a much lower interest rate than the student loan after it's grace period and just keep repeating till you are able to pay it off. But you still do need a job to pay the principle.

student loans have the lowest rate... dont bother flipping it, because anything else will be more...

Originally posted by streetraver

The stafford loan has an interest rate of like 9% after the grace period, a bank loan can be as low as 4.75% these days.

Dude you have your facts wrong. The Stafford loan does NOT have a 9% interest rate. It's indexed to the 90 day T-Bill, which is still at historical lows. So what you're saying is just wrong. I just consolidated my federal loans including Stafford loans and my interest rate is 4.57%.

By the way, I pay 800 a month, and I know others that pay over a thousand a month. So quit your bitchin folks. It could be worse. ;)

Originally posted by luvthosfnkybts

OMG loans fuckin suck.......especially when you STILL have no JOB...I have no idea HOW I am going to pay them off.....no one will hire meeeee aahhhh!!!!! :mad:

ok I just really needed to get that out...

I am soo frustrated about the job situation and having NO MONEY, it sux :blown:

If you aren't working you can get a hardship deferral after your grace period is over. However, interest will accrue in the meantime. Just a thought.

I payed my college bill cash.. i don;t like loans.. Then again I stayed close to school.

Mostly i just cashed my stocks and bonds which had already matured.

Thank God for smart parents and a wealthy great uncle who i had cared for that left me a nice stash :tongue: