Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Buzz Ends Its Nine Year Run In Washington, Dc

talk2buzzdc

i have a feeling that though velvet's not currently affected, it won't be long until it is. i've heard they are beginning/(possibly have begun as of last week but can't confirm??) searching at the door there too, and there will be heavier security there. i'm sure it's only a matter of time - the military thing was against nation the venue, not buzz the party specifically.

like the closing of twilo, trax, etc - the people, the music, and the vibe will carry on. the party's just gonna move elsewhere.

with hope,

jamie

Searching at Velvet (from a friend)

"yes ... they do a very minimal search now at all club events at NATION ... at Velvet we just started them last week ... they just make you empty your pockets and then shake around and shake your pockets and such ... they never actually touched you themselves ... that may change though ... but for right now that is how they are doing it"

This really fuckin sux! At least, buzzlife is alive, and maybe, just maybe, they might decide to do what they did when FOX 5 shut them down.

After all, 2 years ago, when they opened up as Sting, Digweed was the headliner!

:(:(:(

And another thing about the RAVE act protest...a bunch of kids dressed in raver gear are gonna have a lot LESS impact than a bunch of professionals (lawyers, doctors, engineers, etc) holding a protest. Thats what we need..all of us, and others dressed in WORK clothes letting those fuckas in govt know that we are educated working class professionals, not just kids in college.

C.I.D. (Military investigators) is harsh, you cant fuck with them, ask anyone thats been in the service, and they will tell you..........they fuckin follow you to the clubs from the base, watch you dance all night, tap your phone calls......you can never win against them......

i think politicians/military/law enforcement officials might be scared of being labeled anti-gay if they went after velvet. and with the huge gay population in DC it seems unlikely to happen. gay men really do know how to make a fuss.

Not to mention that most velvet patrons are 30-45 year old, educated, have good jobs and lots of disposable income. gay parties are well known by club owners and promoters as huge money makers and if velvet left nation i don't think nation would be able to stay in business.

on the other hand i think velvet will lose a lot of customers anyway because nation is getting so much bad attention - who's going to want to risk getting arrested and lose everything they've worked for in their professional lives?

this is a horrible time for nightlife in america and i just don't know if it's worth living in this country anymore. my parents both moved to europe when they were about my age and i think it might be turn.

:blank:

Originally posted by malanee

A friend of mine who goes to velvet says she's pretty sure they are putting a sting out on that night too. Government sucks. :(

i'm pretty sure. itll be interesting what type of reaction what type of response the govmnt will get from velvet regulars though.