Clubplanet Nightlife Community

poll for l.a.: least favorite freeway?

weyes

what's your least favorite freeway?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. what's your least favorite freeway?

• other

self-explanatory. which freeway do you think sucks the most? although the 405 is almost always blocked when i take it and the 110 is really curvy, i've gotta vote for the 101, which has been crowded every time i've been on it. i'd take an alternate route if i weren't so ignorant about how to get around this town and unsuccessful every time i try to outsmart the system :laugh: . (i am improving, though - slowly, but i am :) .) even when the 101 is moving, it's a big clump of cars that's packed so tightly that no one'll let you over into the lane in which ya gotta be :mad: . all of the onramps are really short merges, which are hella dangerous for both the people on the freeway and the people getting on. the lanes are narrow and the speed limit is 55mph. what's to like about the 101 :no: ?

* see companion poll - "favorite freeway" :D

The 405 between National and the 710 was the bane of my existence for three years... It's REALLY annoying having to schedule your life around traffic patterns!!! It's amazing how much my quality of life improved by moving from South Orange County to the LA area!

You know, the 101 & 10 suck really, really bad as well, but my limited exposure to them depreciates my hatred.

Originally posted by sassa

the 5 sucks!!!!!!! although one time i managed to get to LA from San Diego in 1 1/2 hours..doing 80-110 the whole way...but every damn time i drive on it, there's always either an accident or really fucked up people on the road...

Yeah, but at least it's a nice drive from San Clemente pretty much all the way to San Diego

Originally posted by lostin310

Yeah, but at least it's a nice drive from San Clemente pretty much all the way to San Diego

oh for sure..the beaches are beautiful....ah, it's nice to visit San Diego, but a different story altogether to live here...especially with the shitty nightlife...but I guess all of California is like that too...nothing open after 2 am...that really pisses me off...

the 405 hands down...and to add to my misery, i have the pleasure of working at the corner of the 101/405 interchange

:blown:

but far and away, the 405 is more crowded than any other freeway at any given time...there is a window of about 3 hours from 2am to 5am when you can open er up and drive like you want to drive, but once rush hour starts (and the "hour" part is a real misnomer here), traffic sux all day and well into the evening

the 405 is king!