Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ClubNYC

I started ClubNYC.com in my apartment in 1995. As we grew, we started ClubLA.com, ClubMiami.com, ClubDC.com, ClubSeattle.com, ... Eventually we realized that acquiring every city name would be costly and hard to do, so we decided that we would become clubworld.com. Unfortunately, that name was taken by British Airways, so we settled on Clubplanet.com. (A little bit of Clubplanet.com trivia for you.)

Not much remains of the original ClubNYC.com site, except for some of the early message board posts at http://bbs.clubplanet.com/TheLounge/ where I posted the first message ever on our message boards:

Welcome to "The Lounge" - Clubmaster 22:43:26 5/28/96 (0)

Ahhh...memories...

Hey DaVe...

In related news, for one split second a few months ago, i saw this glitch on the main bbs page, which showed Seattle as a city alongside London, L.A. and D.C.

Did there used to be a Seattle forum, and why isn't it there anymore :confused:

i need to get the latest grunge info somewhere

Dave,

I remember the letter building blocks.. not sure if you remember me. my name is Damian, at the time you started the site I was away at school at Penn State. I know I gave you a listing of clubs to add the site. And I also gave you info for the Rumor section. I think you had just moved from michigan at the time. Any of this sound familiar??

Damian