Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It's all 80's......

amysnow

I am not sure if I can post this here, but when I look at the top of the message board and see 5 different stickies for parties, I start to wonder.

This post was for a freind , I put it here beacuse even if I do post it in promotions no one really goes there . If there were no stickies here on this board for parties or events , it would force those who want to know more about parties or events to go there. But because it is not like that, then logically to me if I want people to view a new a event and really look at it, it makes more sense to go here. Until CP changes the Stickies about events and parties, then of coarse people will promote here . Until they change the promotion policy and put everything about events and parties in promotion message board , they can't be up set with promoters who are doing the same thing as they are....

Please correct me if I am wrong, I am not one to create conflict.

Amy

They will beacause, I don't want to get in trouble. But that also means that they would also have to promote their stuff there too. And I don't know if they will do that, because I am sure some of those promotions help pay the bills, and their accounts want to be seen on the popular message board.

But if they did change that policy that board would be popular no matter what.

Originally posted by amysnow

But that also means that they would also have to promote their stuff there too.

...that wouldnt happen...and it shouldnt...cp can promote their events on all the boards because it is what helps keep the site in business...but this area constantly gets blurred because it gets very hard to distinguish a promotion from an announcement...add to that you have conflict of interest with cp events...and even further, favoritism...

Originally posted by amysnow

Should a person like me do about that? I don't really go here to promote , but once in awhile someone asks me to pop up their party on this message board and I feel bad , but no ones relly goes to the promotion board.

So what can I do?

you can be really cool and stealthy about it like all these great promoters we get coming on here....lemme give you an example:

"HEY GuyZ!!! Heard about some realllllly kewl party coming up thought i'd let you guys know! Everyone will be there lots of hot girls & boys! I heard it's at aria It's an all 80's dance party it should be great! It's this saturday sept 28th, 2002 doors open @ 10! Featuring Celebrity look alikes, give aways, and more

Although if you do that you're likely to get a "holy promotion batman!" reply by bullshit spotters such as myself and the post will still get canned to the promotion board. :cool:

i'll try to tackle this one.

first: the stickies are for parties that clubplanet is affiliated with. i.e. there are contracts with the party promoters. If a promoter want to have their part officially promoted by CP and on the board a la stickies, the should contact the cp marketing department.

second: there are several things I look for when deciding if a post is promotional: guestlist information is the biggest. If you post a guestlist, your post is getting moved. end of discussion. other than that, it pretty obvious to me when someone is posting in order to plug their party. times dates locations drinks specials info lines, "dude this party is HOT" etc... these are all red flags.

Obviously not all posts about events are promotional. Sometimes youre just telling people about an event you heard about... in this case you should try to keep the nitty gritty details to a minimum so as not to seem like youre promoting. If you're not sure about something you want to post and you dont want to risk it getting moved, you can feel free to PM me and i'll let you know if its ok.

As always there are many reasons why a post might be moved. Its part of my job as moderator to make the judgement calls. One of the reasons I am a moderator is because I've been on here long enough that I know every friggin screen name and I know immediately the people who are only here to promote their shit.

Another thing to consider is a little thing called "theft of service" basically it means that your using the hard work of the CP folks to get free advertising. Its not allowed per the CP user agreement (link: http://www.clubplanet.com/aboutus/legal_notice.asp )and its just bad karma anyway.

OK, hopefully I explained that well. I'm sure someone will nitpick something (I love CP)

-LM

another note: I'm not on CP 24-7 so there are going to be a few things here and there that slip through which is why I get really annoyed when people say things like: "howcome this got moved but that didnt" blah blah blah. suck it up.

;)

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

second: there are several things I look for when deciding if a post is promotional: guestlist information is the biggest. If you post a guestlist, your post is getting moved. end of discussion. other than that, it pretty obvious to me when someone is posting in order to plug their party. times dates locations drinks specials info lines, "dude this party is HOT" etc... these are all red flags.

..that being said...why is this post allowed to reside on the nyc board...it does have quite specifice information including a telephone number...

again...just out of curiosity...

Originally posted by phatman

..that being said...why is this post allowed to reside on the nyc board...it does have quite specifice information including a telephone number...

i'm leaving it because this conversation happened on it, which I think is something people have been curious about.

I have asked the author to modify the post. If she doesnt, I will.

That clear it up Schnookums?

:D

Originally posted by phatman

see you guys have it all wrong. i have a theory. from the beginning this has been all part of her malevolent promotion plot to keep this post on the ny board. the more we talk about it the more exposure it gets.

Originally posted by dr0ne

see you guys have it all wrong. i have a theory. from the beginning this has been all part of her malevolent promotion plot to keep this post on the ny board. the more we talk about it the more exposure it gets.

...that's pure genius...and for an 80s party no less...

...ok...i am not posting on this any more...

...i mean it this time...

Originally posted by LavenderMenace

i'm leaving it because this conversation happened on it, which I think is something people have been curios about.

I have asked the author to modify the post. If she doesnt, I will.

That clear it up Schnookums?

:D

you forgot to edit my post too....the number's there also. i'd edit it myself but im too lazy. besides i love when you edit my posts....i feel so.....subdued....violated..... :licker: