Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats Vinyl???

Anyone ever been to Vinyl on a Saturday. Please let me know how it is. Whats the crowd like, age, dress, how many people, mostly drug crowd or upscale. Give me all the 411 please.

------------------

wwwa.gif "Relax and take notes, while I take tokes of the Marijuana smokes."

Here is the blurp from the vllage voice:

SHELTER

Vinyl, 6 Hubert Street, 343-1379, $17

DJ Timmy Regisford spins ballsy garage, mellifluous deep house, chunky Afro-beat, and even the odd tech-house cut to throw a sonic spanner in the works as he takes clubbers back to the Motherland. The sweatfest goes till super late, when the diehards take over the floor and the air is filled with dance wax (talcum powder)! (Joseph)

---------------------------------------

I have been there a couple of times, Cazzarina would probably give it a better review cwm35.gif ...The crowd is really mixed and there to have a good time, DRAMAFREE. Timmy plays a range from deep house, to funky, to almost techno, and a lot of vocals. I believe the age is 21+ to enter. The security is way more lax on this night because of the mature crowd that attends it. Drug use is not rampant, b/c Timmy provides enough "energy" you need to last throughout the night. Its not everyones cup of tea musicwise though (at least IMO from the consensus of the board). I think its worth checking out at least once. If you do go, definitely check out the breakdancers on the mini-stage doing their thing!...

-Jamms "ishouldbegettingpaidforthis" cool.gif

------------------

MUSIC is one thing...but soul is another...sapete face50.gif

Originally posted by jammy:

Here is the blurp from the vllage voice:

SHELTER

Vinyl, 6 Hubert Street, 343-1379, $17

DJ Timmy Regisford spins ballsy garage, mellifluous deep house, chunky Afro-beat, and even the odd tech-house cut to throw a sonic spanner in the works as he takes clubbers back to the Motherland. The sweatfest goes till super late, when the diehards take over the floor and the air is filled with dance wax (talcum powder)! (Joseph)

Thanks alot Jamms. So how is the dress. More rave or upscale like nice pants collared shirts? I also heard they dont serve alcohol is that true.

------------------

wwwa.gif "Relax and take notes, while I take tokes of the Marijuana smokes."

Originally posted by anacondatro:

Thanks alot Jamms. So how is the dress. More rave or upscale like nice pants collared shirts? I also heard they dont serve alcohol is that true.

Yea, alcohol is not served at Vinyl cause they don't have a liquor liscense. And I bet the dress is the same as Fri...wear what's comfortable. It's always pretty hot in there.

------------------

"Up all night...sleep all day."

AIM - E123NYC

IntroLogoM.jpg

I forgot to answer those tongue.gif...Dress is come as you are and yes there is no liquor license there, therefore, no Likkor! biggrin.gif

-Jamms "anytime" cool.gif

------------------

MUSIC is one thing...but soul is another...sapete face50.gif

Archived