Clubplanet Nightlife Community

best fast-food burger?

weyes

who makes your favorite fast-food burgers?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. who makes your favorite fast-food burgers?

• in-n-out
    • wendy's
    • mcdonald's
    • burger king
    • jack in the box
    • other

when people come to visit me out here in l.a., they usually say, "let's go out and eat some of that 'l.a. health food,'" as though it's an accurate cliche. i tell them they're either confusing l.a. with san francisco, or they're not, but that's the real truth; fast food dominates l.a. you can get your healthy, sprout-filled sandwiches all over the bay area, but they're not so widespread down here.

so, that leads me to the question,

which chain do you think has the best burgers cheeseburger.gif ? and make your case. (i personally don't think jack in the box makes any that are worth eating at all, for instance :rolleyes: . i'd always order something else.)

and this survey is not limited to l.a. dwellers :D !

I tried Jack in the Box one time when i was last in Cali, about 8 yrs ago. But then about 2 months later, they found some idiot using rodents as the meat :worry: (is this true, weyes?)

But either way, as far as fast food burgeres go, it's Wendy's all the way baby. Bacon cheeseburger with those big kaiser buns and square burgers :D

i usually like the maw and paw type of burger joints...but outta that list.....hmmm...i dunno....i guess for chicken burgers: burger king.....i also think BK has the best fries...jack in the box are decent.....mickey d's do nothing for me.....hmm i dont know......A&W are usually pretty good...

which by the way reminds me that i was watching food network this past weekend and there was a show on LA dining....i cant remember the name of it though, but its this chef from NYC that goes everywhere and samples the food where he goes to, so he went to LA and anyway...since i'm gunna go in december i definitly wanna hit up the fast food donut joint, and get some hot dogs

In N Out burgers. There is no other option. First of all it's a SoCal original. Second, NOTHING IS FROZEN. They don't have freezers or microwaves; It's fresh ground beef, they freakin' peel the potatoes every morning for the fries, they're pretty obsessive about the whole thing.

And no, I never worked for them, though a buddy of mine did through college and he swears it's the cleanest joint, no horror stories about vermin and nasty hygiene...

A double-double animal style and a milkshake. That, my friends, is good times.

great answers, but ya didn't put them on the poll! what are the proper results? but i'm with ou812, house4life, and sebastianxy - in-n-out is my fave :aright: . the freshness thing definitely helps, and that they really do make every burger to order. but as you guys probably recall, the fries are an acquired taste (i've acquired it, but it took me a while :) )!

then there's the whole simplicity of the menu, just offering three burgers, fries, drinks, and shakes. but, knowing the secret ways to order your burger is important, and why they don't have those posted is still beyond me. i guess it's 'cause it would make more work and more room for mistakes if there were so many types of burgers on the menu, as the place is always packed, but then why offer them at all? here they are, for those that don't know:

animal style (my fave) - they grill the onions and i believe that they cook the burger in the sauce - though i'm not sure of that. they're juicer, somehow, but i haven't been there in a while or had a regular one in years, so i'd have to get back to you on the difference. anyone know?

jungle style - twice the amount of all the vegetable matter: tomatoes, lettuce, and onions. i'm not sure if they double the pickles or not.

protein style - your burger wrapped in lettuce - no bun. for people who wanna eat fast food but cut out most of the carbs :confused: . falls apart.

Originally posted by gmccookny

I tried Jack in the Box one time when i was last in Cali, about 8 yrs ago. But then about 2 months later, they found some idiot using rodents as the meat :worry: (is this true, weyes?)

i don't recall hearing anything like that, but jack in the box was the chain involved with the mad cow disease cases :worry: .

first off the best burger (not) available in la...

White Castle!

and if you don't know, you better ask somebody

but yes, in-n-out is clearly the creme-de-la-creme when it comes to fast food burgers in la...

go with the 4X4 animal style, you won't be disappointed

and weyes, you've got your bovine viruses all mixed up...jack in the box was hit with a killer e coli breakout back in the day that almost spelled the end for ol jack

Originally posted by gumby76

first off the best burger (not) available in la...

White Castle!

and if you don't know, you better ask somebody

but yes, in-n-out is clearly the creme-de-la-creme when it comes to fast food burgers in la...

go with the 4X4 animal style, you won't be disappointed

and weyes, you've got your bovine viruses all mixed up...jack in the box was hit with a killer e coli breakout back in the day that almost spelled the end for ol jack

right you are about the e. coli! my faux pas!

and i almost put white castle on the list, but elected not to. i think their burgers are in a class by themselves - not something i would get if i were hankering for a burger, but something i'd get if i wanted, well, whatever you'd call what white castle dishes up. my aunt calls it "american dim sum :aright: ."

in and out...mmm...and i loooove jack in the crack...going there at 3 am on weekends are some good memories i have from college (having the munchies and driving on the 15 to get there...lol).

i usually don't like burgers though..although sometimes carl's jr. is the bomb too...