Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Twiloite Party, Saturday, July 14 @ W8TH

cyberia_mockup.jpg

The return of the DJs who will save New York…

===================================================================

>>CYBERIA’S RETURN @ W8TH: Saturday, July 14 / doors open at 10 PM

40 W. 8th St. bet. 5th & 6th Aves (by MacDougal St.) / E, F, B, D, Q at W. 4th St.

21+ with ID / $15 at door, *$5 for Twilo cardholders and Clubplanet board members*

Attire: No tank tops, no shorts. Not strict, but look nice!

- Free mix CD for the first 60 people!

- Plus the premiere of David Christopher’s new single, “The Gospel of Wonderland”

- For <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> , visit http://www.headrushmusic.com

===================================================================

It’s the return of the official HeadRush Music party, guaranteed to be 100% cheese-free for the lactose-intolerant clubber! To celebrate our return, we are letting in the true music fans--Twilo cardholders and Clubplanet board members--for only $5 instead of $15. Help us return quality music to the NYC nightlife scene by coming out to our opening night and proving to this venue that there are still people with taste in the city!

If you haven’t been to this popular nightclub, now is the time to check it out. They have a brand-spanking-new sound system, a hardwood mahogany floor for proper stomping, and beautiful lounge areas all around for chilling, boozing, and whatever other naughty things you might like to do.

One of the top progressive-house DJs in the Northeast, Parish from Balance Promote Group, helps us kick off our new beginning along with trance from Green Galactic’s Chris Lewis, groovy house from Polareyes Records’ Vorg, and whatever yours truly decides to spin! Plus, they'll be giving away mix CDs to the first 60 people at the event.

To get in for $5 or for more info, please visit http://www.headrushmusic.com

**Be sure to select “ClubPlanet Board” in the reference field so that we can be sure to put you and your guests on the $5 list!**

Please spread the love and forward this invite to your friends!

[This message has been edited by dbilas (edited 07-12-2001).]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let me make this clear to some people so they don't get the wrong idea here....

first and foremost, please GO check out this party, the DJ's are excellent, and the venue is hot, I should know, I use to do my LOVE parties there back in 1997, and Parish just spun at our party, last friday, and brought the house down with me....

anyhow, back to the show... when I was entered in the DJ contest for twilo, I had to sign a contract, and in that contract it specifically said that I was not allowed to use the term twiloite or twilo without consent from twilo coporation, for if I did, it would be a liscense infringment...

so one reason I didn't catch no slack for continuing to use the twiloite name at my parties, is because' I had a good relationship with the owners of twilo, but I recently spoke to one of them, and asked them how they felt about me using the 'twiloite' tag... he told me, that he didn't agree with it, and that it was a rip off... so I decided to change the name of my Friday party, after speaking to all the people who are involved with the my Firday night party, we changed it to 'Program'...

so like I said, please go and check this party out, the DJ roster is hot, the place is georgeous, and I will make every effort try to make it down to show my support for this jam.... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by TM (edited 07-05-2001).]

Hi everyone--

I didn't realize the whole Twiloite thing would stir up so much controversy. I and some people on this board thought that it would fun to do a party to remember Twilo and to hook up people who had been devoted followers of Twilo. I'm not trying to ride on Twilo's name or cause any problems with anyone. I just want people to have a good time and dance to some quality music.

So, hopefully, people won't take the "Twiloite" term in an offensive way because the goal of the party, regardless of any names or terms used to describe it, is to expose underground talent to the people of NYC and surrounding areas. We have nothing but the utmost respect for Twilo and what it did for the city, and it would be dishonorable to bury its name. I want the best music lovers in the city to come out to my party because I know that they would appreciate it. I've always thought that Twilo had some of the best fans in the city, so I really want to expose them to music that they would appreciate.

I'm open to any additional feedback on this. You can contact me directly at david@headrushmusic.com. Otherwise, let's not dwell on this issue too much, as there are a lot of good DJs playing who need your support!

Peace,

David Christopher www.headrushmusic.com

I'm down guys..I get back on the 12th!

Hopefully our own mayor's goon squad wont hear about this so he can send his army of darkness to bust up what sounds like a great party with great potential!

Count me in.

cwm1.gif

------------------

MugZonique.jpg

www.rael.org

this is west 8th in manhattan right? would you be able to email me the address of the party and the type of music playing to my username....mntnbluice@aol.com. what day is the 14th is that a weekday? lets pray it doesnt rain shall we! why is it everytime it rains nightclubs become boring? talk to you soon

helene

Cashing in? It's not as if I'm the first person to do a Twiloite party, and previous people certainly weren't trying to cash in on the Twilo name either. It's this sort of cynicism that makes me want to stop throwing parties. I'm glad that not everyone shares your jaded view of things.

In any case, the party is on Saturday, July 14, at W8TH, located at 40 W. 8th Street between 6th Ave and MacDougal St.

Peace,

------------------

=======================================

THE ANTI-CHEESE REVOLUTION BEGINS HERE: http://www.headrushmusic.com

[This message has been edited by dbilas (edited 07-06-2001).]

hey david - i don't think back2basics meant it in a cynical way at all. i'm very excited about your party based on what i read about you guys on your website...i love progressive house & trance and actually get kinda pissy if i'm somewhere where they play anything else...i wish i weren't going to be out of town for your party!!! i'll have to catch you guys later this summer. please keep me posted.

Originally posted by mugwump:

I'm down guys..I get back on the 12th!

Hopefully our own mayor's goon squad wont hear about this so he can send his army of darkness to bust up what sounds like a great party with great potential!

Count me in.

blockquote>  damn, mugz, another missed

cwm32.gif

Hey everyone--

I certainly didn't mean to cause so much controversy with the Twiloite thing. I've been getting a lot of flak on the various messageboards that I consider to be undeserved.

I was doing the Twilo card discount as a way to thank the true music fans in the city, not to try to ride on Twilo's jock or steal anyone's thunder or insult the "true" Twilo fans. Please...I was hitting up the S+D shows before anyone had ever heard of them.

If people prefer, I'll just drop the whole Twilo discount and references...I just thought that I was doing people a favor. I resent being considered shady for doing this. Anyone who knows me will tell you that my heart has always been in the right place. I'm certainly not doing this for the money...I quit an $80K a year job to devote my life to music.

BTW, I've been posting on the Clubplanet boards for about a year, so I'm not just popping out of nowhere to sell my party. Let's drop the elitist attitudes and show some support for these great local DJs.

Nothing but love,

------------------

THE ANTI-CHEESE REVOLUTION BEGINS HERE: http://www.headrushmusic.com

David I am sooooo proud of you. Happy to see that you are getting this done. As for people saying whatever about this being a TWILOITE PARTY what is the drama? here are already tons of Twilo heads coming. We need to keep the spirit and quality of TWILO's music going. Obviously no one in the Bigger venues are doing so. So I say Yes this is a TWILOITE party for those who want to continue on what TWILO brought to this city. Drama Free, cool space, good system, fun people. And the fact that DAVID has been gracious enough to let the Clubplanet peeps in and Twilo heads in at a very low price is just showing that yo this is about the MUSIC!! I shall be there David, with my partner and the crew. At least someone if trying is this Damn town!! cwm4.gif

------------------

Failure is not an Option!!

Okay, I just checked out this website and listened to some of the DJ's music.

I'll be there. . . this is some good music, guys.

------------------

The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them

Davey Dave couple more days baby, I have my usual goodie bags for the clubplaneteers that come. You'regonnalove what the labels and companies gave me for you guys.

------------------

Failure is not an Option!! "A little Nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest Men"

newcraigdavid2.gif

Davey Dave couple more days baby, I have my usual goodie bags for the clubplaneteers that come. You'regonnalove what the labels and companies gave me for you guys.

------------------

Failure is not an Option!! "A little Nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest Men"

newcraigdavid2.gif

Everyone of these guys is way underrated by the NYC club community.

Parish has been part of Balance Promote Records the most exclusive dance music record promotions pools in the world.

Chris Lewis, part of LA' very exclusive Green Galactic Record Pool (only the top 15 DJ's in LA), plays at clubs and raves across the US and Canada.

David Christopher, the Founder and CEO of Headrush Music, the man whose mission it is to bring a quality trance party to the nightlife void that NYC has become.

Vorg, brings you his forward looking, deephouse/techhouse vibe, as only he know how.

Yes I would say that these guys are more than capable of carrying the torch that burned so brightly when Twilo provided a home for the forward looking , intelligent crowd.

Archived