Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Foreign clubbing excursions.

vigo

Well.... I've been around a bit and of course it is hard to generalize, but I'll give it a go anyway.

Europe in general doesn't take the music nearly as seriously as Miami does.

Sure there is the hardcore crowd, but the crowd in general is much more into the general clubbing experience. The camaraderie, the atmosphere, general stupid fun etc..

This is a good thing IMHO. The crowds are more friendly, less judgmental, and much more diverse.

They also are more enthusiastic. You'll often hear a cheer as a good track comes on. And the definition of a good track is anything that makes everyone happy. If its cheesy but fun, that’s OK they'll just have fun with it, it doesn't all have to be deep and dark or funky, though that’s cool too. i.e Just because the artist is George Michael doesn't automatically make it a horrible track (though it should :) ) there are less preconceptions.

And of course there is much much less of the testosterone chest puffing, fist pumping and general cock of the walk attitude.

But of course the best thing about European clubs with out a doubt.....

!!!No New Yorkers!!!