Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whitney's New Album Postponed Again

Guest saleen351

Guest saleen351

CAN WE CONSIDER WH A CRACK WHORE WITH A SHITTY HUSBAND? ANY WORD ON ANY TRACKS COMMING FROM HER NEW VOCALS?

AP

Whitney Houston

Tuesday, October 08, 2002

By Roger Friedman

Whitney Houston | Vivendi Universal

Whitney's New Album Postponed Again

Whither Whitney Houston?

Her new album, Just Whitney, was supposed to be released by Arista on Nov. 5. This was after a late September date had been cancelled. Now Arista insiders confirm that Just Whitney has been pushed to Nov. 26. It's not a big difference, but it's significant. Obviously, Houston and husband Bobby Brown, who's the project's self-appointed manager, are having some trouble getting the album right. In the end, even postponed albums are released.

The album is considered a major part of Arista's Christmas release schedule, which also includes new albums from Santana, Blu Cantrell, and Kenny G.

Some track titles have turned up so far as possibilities. They are the original single release of "Whatchulookinat," remixed by P Diddy, plus a duet of some kind with Carlos Santana on "Tell Me No," a duet with Brown on something called "My Love," the cover of "You Light Up My Life," originally written about in this column, plus songs called "Unashamed," "One of These Days," "On My Own," "Things You Say," and "Love that Man."

Whitney has also supposedly completed the video for "Whatchulookinat" last week with director Kevin Bray. This seems like a weird thing to do, since the single did not catch fire at radio stations when it was "sneak released" in July. Wouldn't it have been better to move on to a new idea? USA Today, following up stories here and in New York Magazine, gave Whitney a pasting back on Sept. 25, but that didn't stop the Bray shoot from proceeding. Right there that's bad news -- it means no signals in the press, even from Whitney's allies, will change a march into battle no matter how misguided.

Anyway, whenever Just Whitney appears, if nothing else we can be guaranteed that the singing on this album will be above expectations and four-star as usual -- even if the trappings are eccentric.