Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This has become a big debate in the New York Board....

buredf

Guest saleen351

the argument if for more trance. I only read the first post! Trance is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo 90's and is out and hopefully like disco will stay out!

keep your trance shit off the board! WE like it progressive!!!!!!!

Saleen:

I agree with you. Progressive has come along to replace trance as the core. But the way progressive is played and mixed with breaks and tecky house has increased the spectrum for progressive DJs. Looses you up, so it's not tight all night.

Come check our night one of this Fridays @ Lola. We are bringing an easier feel to house. The vibe is relaxed and no wait in line. Mono Henao and Chris Duque have found their formula to keep you dancing all night.

Be my guest.

MD

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by marcodavalos

Saleen:

I agree with you. Progressive has come along to replace trance as the core. But the way progressive is played and mixed with breaks and tecky house has increased the spectrum for progressive DJs. Looses you up, so it's not tight all night.

Come check our night one of this Fridays @ Lola. We are bringing an easier feel to house. The vibe is relaxed and no wait in line. Mono Henao and Chris Duque have found their formula to keep you dancing all night.

Be my guest.

MD

where is lolo located? I''ll be at red but I may swing by to sign some autographs.

cover?

Saleen:

Lola is located @ 247 23rd Street.

PM if you want to be on the guestlist. Or when you get to the door let the staff know Saleen is there. I'll get you in myself.

The regular cover charge is $5, and we have an open bar from 11-12.

I have posted the party on this board where you can get some more info. We are opening our dex for Joseph Anthony a local who was one of the finalists at Cooljunkie DJ Contest.

And that is our philosophy, give space for unheard local talent.

In regards to the party @ Red, Stryke is one of the best local DJs. He deserves not only yours, but everyone elses support. I went last Monday to Lola to listen to him and Armand.

Take care,

MD

Originally posted by saleen351

the argument if for more trance. I only read the first post! Trance is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo 90's and is out and hopefully like disco will stay out!

keep your trance shit off the board! WE like it progressive!!!!!!!

Well it's obvoius where your heads at. Are you waiting for the next issue of DJ magazine to tell you whats the next big thing and jump on the bandwagon?????:laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by dannyj

Well it's obvoius where your heads at. Are you waiting for the next issue of DJ magazine to tell you whats the next big thing and jump on the bandwagon?????:laugh:

i've never read a dj mag in my entire life. No bandwagons. I've been a progressive junkie my whole life. You simply don't read the music board too often. Time and time again, I said house is dead so is trance and I like tech more and more. SO NO there is no bandwagons. I don't follow bandwagons. I form my own opinions on issues. I"m not some amature guido fist pumper, been in the game for a long time!

Wow that thread got long over there!

I couldn't see a trance scene in New York, house is too entrenched there.

For variety, I think Miami has way more potential. We're going in that direction anyway...already on an average saturday, you have your pick of a trance night, a house night, something in between, and if you look around a bit, you can easily find a drum n bass/breaks night somewhere. As a matter of fact, I kind of like it that way, I'd get bored if I heard the same style all the time.

Originally posted by pod

Wow that thread got long over there!

I couldn't see a trance scene in New York, house is too entrenched there.

For variety, I think Miami has way more potential. We're going in that direction anyway...already on an average saturday, you have your pick of a trance night, a house night, something in between, and if you look around a bit, you can easily find a drum n bass/breaks night somewhere. As a matter of fact, I kind of like it that way, I'd get bored if I heard the same style all the time.

im 200% with POD on this one

Originally posted by saleen351

I"m not some amature guido fist pumper, been in the game for a long time!

Maybe not but you probably look like one though?????

you're probably one of those guys that was at the Warehouse and the Paradise Garage when it all started???????

I agree. We do have a great variety in Miami. I could go for a little more breaks, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough. I will say this however: trance is on the backburner to prog./tech/house... but... it is not dead. Such is obvious by Space's calender of talent. Before the new year, they will have Tiesto, Marco V, Armin Van Buuren, Judge Jules, Johan Gielen, and Paul Van Dyk. Probably even more will unfold as well. Not so sure about Level, but I know that Talla will be there soon. So, while trance is not the alpha choice of more and more club goers, it still has influence. 2 of Space's best nights are Tiesto and PvD, granted Tenaglia and Deep Dish are as well. This is waaay to trendy of a city, so once something is dead here, it's gone. I, for one, like the current system Miami's nightlife is running.