Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PS1 Warm up 2001 quick review

just droppin by in between stops - hope the jaxx @ summerstage were every bit as cool as the PS1 venue. had to leave a bit early, but 5 hours was a good warm up!

music was really chill - the dj's did a great job. what's so cool though is the place and the people. very easy going, mixed group - old, young, hip, well dressed, beatnik, you name it. the set up is really cool - lots of outdoor space, a bunch of pools, cool constructions and stuff in the courtyard, huge set of steps to sit on, and the inside with all the art (which was interesting, but not great)

$5 to get in. $3 beer. $2 juice. food. indoor loungy seats, etc. very short line to get in and the folks were organized and had some free cd giveaways.

the outdoor djs were set up in a huge open space with a sand floor. people just kicked back and jumped all over.

inside they've got a dance thing on the 3rd floor i didn't even get up to this time around

definitely recommended to check out at least once - its just a cool venue. next week's lineup:

breakbeat science / dj craze / mj cole / db / dara / reid speed on the outdoor spot

goes from 3 - 9. either go early for the sun, or come 5 or 6 i think. the steps are definitely the place to meet.

i'll be torn again between summerstage and this next week, but PS1's in my backyard, so...

later all

Yup..I'll be there for break beat to warm me up befor Hybrid at Limelight later on that same night.

PS1 is all about the chillin'. I live in Astoria so it's not a huge jump for me to swing on by and def gets addicting.

Summerstage is a much bigger event but PS1 is the ideal "no stress" chill and enjoy the vibe kinda thang...

And as far as I know..the $5.00 are a donation. NOT mandatory..(I always give em a buck)

------------------

CloudsMUGship.jpg

MugZonique.jpg

www.rael.org

you could be right about the donation - if that's what it is, its well worth it.

hoping some more of you all will show up next weekend. really easy to get to. i'll post again later in the week for a meet up.

later on...

whats the age requirement?

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gifmonkey.gif

AIM: TRANCEpotting

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

I definately wanna hit up the breakbeat science. so it is free? where's the venue, all i know is that it's in queens. also, is there a web site with the info?

i wanna go early, then go to fortress of solitude in the bronx. unless that limelight thing is better. have heard anything about that either...

BigDaddy: http://www.ps1.org/cut/summer01.html

*Hybrid is amazing if you like very "EPIC breaks" with a strong emotional kinda vibe (Think Trances mellodic dips and valleys with hard hitting break beatz) If you've never heard them go pick up the last CD: "remixed etc.."

(Some people think they sound too comercial but I love them) Seen them three or four

times.

trancend..there's no age limit except to drink. It's a day time summer shindig..just layed back and great music under water sprays and next to a huge Art museum that is like a big fun house..(*Great if you smoke a doob)

*Stop on by and I'll hook you up with that as well!

------------------

MugZonique.jpg

"We are connnnected.."

hey, looking forward to seeing everyone there saturday.

transcend: to get there, take the 7 from manhattan to the first stop in Queens (Jackson Avenue). walk up jackson ave - away from manhattan - about four blocks. its on your left.

$5 to get in (donation or not, i'd support these folks). 21 to drink, but we'll take care of that too. $1 for water. they've got food. bring your suit if you want to jump in the water.

if you're driving, pm me and i'll give you directions. its right near the pulaski bridge.

Archived