Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who do u believe to be...

fkornre

Wayne Gretzky is the best, Guy LaFleur is the second best. In my mind there's no question about those two. For third place, there are a glut of players who could compete, including Maurice Richard, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Jean Beliveau, Doug Harvey, Bobby Hull, Phil Esposito, Patrick Roy (if you want to could goalies), Mike Bossy, Bobby Clarke, or Mario Lemieux. Personally, while I think Mario MIGHT have been able to have been one of the best, the fact that he retired for three years (yes I know that it was because of cancer, but that really shouldn't go into consideration when looking at the best player ever) hurts him quite a bit, and you really can't be the best player ever if you only played for 13 seasons and only for 2 good teams out of those 13 years (with Jaromir Jagr, a great scorer even without Lemieux in his own right out on the wing). Either way, for me personally, I think Lemieux would barely make my top 10 of all time, if he would at all....

Originally posted by brickhouse

Wayne Gretzky is the best, Guy LaFleur is the second best. In my mind there's no question about those two. For third place, there are a glut of players who could compete, including Maurice Richard, Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Jean Beliveau, Doug Harvey, Bobby Hull, Phil Esposito, Patrick Roy (if you want to could goalies), Mike Bossy, Bobby Clarke, or Mario Lemieux. Personally, while I think Mario MIGHT have been able to have been one of the best, the fact that he retired for three years (yes I know that it was because of cancer, but that really shouldn't go into consideration when looking at the best player ever) hurts him quite a bit, and you really can't be the best player ever if you only played for 13 seasons and only for 2 good teams out of those 13 years (with Jaromir Jagr, a great scorer even without Lemieux in his own right out on the wing). Either way, for me personally, I think Lemieux would barely make my top 10 of all time, if he would at all....

played for 2 teams:confused: he has only played for the pens since they drafted him first in 1984. wayne gretzky the best, i dont believe that. he does have all the #'s for that but he also played in a time when no one ever hit him. he didnt play when it was all about defense like the older guys u mentioned but unlike gretzky lemiux can and has taken hits. also in the year lemiux missed months for cancer treatment he never left the top of the scoring title and he won it without challenge, even from your "great" gretzky. had lemiux been healthy all his career and not have to worry about the cancer and his back problems he would have gone on the destroy the #'s gretzky put up. of course this is all IMO. thanx