Clubplanet Nightlife Community

baruch business students...Q

Originally posted by PFloyd40

true that most companies recruit from the same schools year in and year out, but gpa and programs/internships etc. definetly do mean a lot... a low gpa will typically preclude one from being eligible for most desireable jobs...

No doubt. All that ifyougotoanythingotherthancolumbiaandnyuandbigivyschools bullshit didn't mean much to my friends graduating with me who's now in Goldman Sachs, McCann Erickson, Phillip Morris, etc. It also didn't hold true for the Yale grad that came to my school bookstore looking for a job.

The fact is, if you can prove your worth in terms of experience and knowledge, it'll get you places. All the school name mishmash isn't going to mean crap if you don't spend time during your college years getting experience in your field and/or making connections. Tossing the name of your big bad alma mater will definitely help, make no mistake...but don't think any employers are going to throw you the key to your new office just because it says Sterns on your resume.

GPA wise, 3.0 is BARE minimum, and in most cases you want way higher than that if you want to get into to good grad schools. My 3.25 isn't much, but it's getting me interest from companies. In the end, that's all that matters.

Originally posted by xpander

No doubt. All that ifyougotoanythingotherthancolumbiaandnyuandbigivyschools bullshit didn't mean much to my friends graduating with me who's now in Goldman Sachs, McCann Erickson, Phillip Morris, etc. It also didn't hold true for the Yale grad that came to my school bookstore looking for a job.

The fact is, if you can prove your worth in terms of experience and knowledge, it'll get you places. All the school name mishmash isn't going to mean crap if you don't spend time during your college years getting experience in your field and/or making connections. Tossing the name of your big bad alma mater will definitely help, make no mistake...but don't think any employers are going to throw you the key to your new office just because it says Sterns on your resume.

GPA wise, 3.0 is BARE minimum, and in most cases you want way higher than that if you want to get into to good grad schools. My 3.25 isn't much, but it's getting me interest from companies. In the end, that's all that matters.

exactly..

i'm running a 3.5 now but looking to get it to 3.6-3.7 by graduation... that and hopefully a good GRE score and i'll get into columbia's financial engineering program *crosses fingers*

Originally posted by hrumanoid

hi, in fact u are talking about business schools.

I want to go to the graduate business school , but i want program to relate with medical stuff , does anybody know of any college or university which have it ? like .. medical management or so ?

Hey, a lot of schools I've looked at do offer this path. Here just a few:

Rutgers University: Dual degree MBA/Master of Public Health, also they offer a MBA with a concentration in Pharmaceutical Management

NYIT: MBA concentration in Health Administration

Pace: MBA concentration in Health Systems Management

Zicklin (Baruch): MBA concentration in Health Care Administration

Hope that helps :)

Originally posted by hrumanoid

flying_high

thx u very much.. 1 more quest.. for MBA program, should I take GMAT first ?

yup, have to... also, not sure if you said anything about it already, but work experience is a must.. they heavily consider work experience and you wont' get into an mba program w/o it..

Originally posted by PFloyd40

yup, have to... also, not sure if you said anything about it already, but work experience is a must.. they heavily consider work experience and you wont' get into an mba program w/o it..

they do make exceptions once in a while...but is is best to get at least 2 years professional experience before MBA

and take your GMAT while youre still in school