Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So I hear......

mikeydny

They seem to be bringing in a lot of talent on Fridays lately. Sure it's trance, but there's a market for that here.

I'd hardly say they're broke, either...considering the new building down the street, Space in Las Vegas, NYC, etc...

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I heard the trance night wasn't doing to well

Well ill tell ya what, if they cancel guys like Marco.V, Picotto, etc, because of this, I think its pretty fucked up.

Gonna be alottttttt of unhappy people if they cancel these 2 guys.......:mad:

Originally posted by pod

They seem to be bringing in a lot of talent on Fridays lately. Sure it's trance, but there's a market for that here.

I'd hardly say they're broke, either...considering the new building down the street, Space in Las Vegas, NYC, etc...

Great market, is that why the Friday nights are doing shitty, hence the reason Louis is stopping them.

I doubt this guy is broke, I was just saying hes supposedly losing money on the night, hence the broke comment.

Maybe they should worry about the main space before they mess around with Vegas, NYC, and etc.

The scene in general is in a recession of sorts. Not only from the economy, but the masses are already getting bored with their flavor of dance music. In their minds PvD=Danny Tenaglia=LTJ Bukem=Stryke...i.e. every DJ and every club is the same. They don't see each act/DJ and club as an individual experience like we do. It's a battle sometimes to bring some of my non-CP friends out to a club, they just don't understand.

A significant factor can also be attributed to drug use. The masses usually choose to get royally twisted when they go out, a body can only take so much of it before it is burnt. Most of these people you see out at clubs will not be there in 3 or 4 months, to be replaced by a new crowd, which may or may not be smaller. I used to do my share of getting royally twisted, but I can be considered one of the few that realised early on that all that wasn't healthy, especially considering I wanted to be a 'real' part of the scene rather than your average clubgoer.

Things will swing back though for our little scene. Most promoters and owners I know aren't standing still, and are either lining up the capital for major (million-dollar plus) scale renovations to their venues, getting a new place (Space...), or trying out new concepts for parties (Big DJ Little Club, Ongaku, etc...) and events. And as always, there's the host of new venues scheduled to be opening by 2003 like Rise (old salvation space...may be interesting...), Menage (old Shadow Lounge/Liquid II space, this one will have a short life...), Njoi in downtown (fat chance, Space is king in downtown), a few new lounges, and so forth...

Space being broke is very doubtful. friday’s as of late have not been doing well at any clubs. given the current state of the economy, and the fact people cannot afford to go out two nights in a row. they will often opt for a Saturday, since Friday is traditionally the end of the work week for many.

LP is a very astute businessman bearing that in mine; I’m sure he will move forward with the acts he already has booked. however the future of friday’s at Space, and other clubs is more predicated on how well the tourist season does this year. in addition to how willing local clubbers are to support clubs, on both a friday and saturday night. october generally signals the beginning of the tourist season in south flordia. last years season was nothing to write home about; given the terrorist attacks, and such. this year’s tourist season may prove to be a bit uncertain, as the economy is still in a downward spiral, and probability of terrorism lingers in the background. all these factors play a major role in the club business.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

sadly, I think dance music in general isn't doing very well. I hope I'm not right.

Don't let the scene die.. do something.. support it in any way you can think of. It's your scene for now, so get it movin' again...

Go influence a friend & hand them a cd of your fav Dj or local. Spread the knowledge, spread the music...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mikeydny

.....necc to move this thread to drama, GOD FORBID PEOPLE ON THE MIAMI BOARD SEEN THIS THREAD, so gay.

yea, seems the powers at be, told those two jerk offs to move it....

this is not drama!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...