Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What about Ashley Casselle at Spin??

vipnerd

Originally posted by vipnerd

Why??:confused:

Vip

The track selection was bland. None of the tracks really stood out. They sounded really generic, predictable and uninspired. It sounded like he was just doing his job. His set at shadow was much better.

The way I judge sets is:

Versatility - different styles of music -------- didn't change it up

Mixing - for obvious reasons ----------- he didn't mess up.

Track selection - this is a taste thing - relative to what you like. --------- He wasn't spinning tracks I was crazy about.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

The track selection was bland. None of the tracks really stood out. They sounded really generic, predictable and uninspired. It sounded like he was just doing his job. His set at shadow was much better.

Thank you GA2!!!:aright:

Vip:)

alright heres' the deal i saw ashley casselle this weekend in gainsville(spelling) and he fucking blew me away at the party, after party and radio show the next day. and he even said him self that his set at spin sucked because mr. resident thinks he's a superstar dj and doesnt realize that he's an OPENING DJ. so u can just imagine he had to start out banging out...and how many of us really like banging it out....exactly none :X trust me it always isnt about the dj that plays...it also has to deal with how good the opener is and if the club is feeling the music

ONGAKU!!

sunday ;)

Originally posted by bingo

alright heres' the deal i saw ashley casselle this weekend in gainsville(spelling) and he fucking blew me away at the party, after party and radio show the next day. and he even said him self that his set at spin sucked because mr. resident thinks he's a superstar dj and doesnt realize that he's an OPENING DJ. so u can just imagine he had to start out banging out...and how many of us really like banging it out....exactly none :X trust me it always isnt about the dj that plays...it also has to deal with how good the opener is and if the club is feeling the music

ONGAKU!!

sunday ;)

Who opened for him? Did he mention? Or do you know?:confused:

Vip

after party and radio show the next day. and he even said him self that his set at spin sucked because mr. resident thinks he's a superstar dj and doesnt realize that he's an OPENING DJ. so u can just imagine he had to start out banging out...and how many of us really like banging it out....exactly none :X trust me it always isnt about the dj that plays...it also has to deal with how good the opener is and if the club is feeling the music

ONGAKU!!

sunday ;)

While I realize an opener can affect the vibe of a headliner I don't think an opener can be blamed for a bad set. I've seen Howell's drop really ambient sounding tracks when he starts his set every single time. After that he'll bring the tempo down and start his set at his own pace and then build it back up again. Danny T does something similar as well. You can build your set on top of your opener but you don't necessarily have to.

well thats true, but not everyone can just play and abient track and change the mood the of the club, u have to keep going with what u have, it's also kind of a slap in the face if u just let the other record end and start your own set 10bpm slower but u have a point u can just play an ambient track and star tur own set

w/e it happend

-domingo

yeah man, too many slap in the faces here in miami, not enough good opening dj's because they think their fucking cockloards of the univerese and bang it out as if their sasha *sigh* well the nubreed shall show them a lesson in about 3 years ;)

-domingo

yeah man, too many slap in the faces here in miami, not enough good opening dj's because they think their fucking cockloards of the univerese and bang it out as if their sasha *sigh* well the nubreed shall show them a lesson in about 3 years ;)

-domingo

I'm not saying all the DJ's sucked that opened up for them. They were all really good with the exception of cedric when he opened up for howell's. I'm saying they changed the tempo.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

I'm not saying all the DJ's sucked that opened up for them. They were all really good with the exception of cedric when he opened up for howell's. I'm saying they changed the tempo.

IMO Cedric sucks as an opener and as main DJ. Can't undestand he's one of Miami Mastes @ Crobar. A DJ who can't be an opener shouldn't be a resident, especially at a club with the prestige of Crobar.:mad:

Vip

Originally posted by vipnerd

IMO Cedric sucks as an opener and as main DJ. Can't undestand he's one of Miami Mastes @ Crobar. A DJ who can't be an opener shouldn't be a resident, especially at a club with the prestige of Crobar.:mad:

Vip

my bad, cedric and belini were not good openers. I liked a couple of the tracks belini threw down but overall his set was wierd. Just strange.