Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 10/16

weyes

some stuff really bring the hard stuff outta people. politics being one of them. religion being another. when you get people with opposing points of views on this (and maybe other issues) brace yourslef for the worse, 'cos it might happen.

Originally posted by gmccookny

Coming from a poli sci major, i can never get enough debating issues, espec. with GW cracker as our prez :blank:

i'll tell ya, gmc, i can't discuss politics/religion/social anything with people who are just plain ignorant.

i'm just learning that 2 of my co-workers, well, i don't know the right words for it. they're homophobic, but also just don't seem to like what they think gay people must be like, since they don't care to get to know any. so there's some kind of not-liking-gay-people word that isn't coming to me right now :worry: .

anyway, one of my co-workers was giving me some crap about, "it's a proven fact," as he waved his finger at me, "that the average number of sexual partners a straight person has in their lifetime is 7, and a gay person's is 400. it's true, they taught me that in school, and i challenge you to find me any book that proves me wrong. gay people are all about having sex all the time."

there's nothing i wanna say to that.

and i was talking to another co-worker about my very good friend, who happens to be a gay male. that only came up because i said i had a male friend, and my male co-worker said i must be in love or wanna have sex with him. i said i don't, and he's gay anyway. "why would you want to be friends with a gay guy?" he asked. "i don't get that. what's the point of that relationship?"

this is where i walk away. with these people (and i don't know if you have to know my co-workers to know this), it doesn't matter what i say, anyway. they may be looking at me - and sometimes they don't even do that - but they sure don't hear anything i say. even when i don't agree with them, i still listen. or, at least, i used to. these discussions are pointless and really serve no purpose, so for me, they are a thing of the past :cool: .

YEah, those people weyes just described are pure ignorance.

They have probably NEVER met a gay person, and the only time they see them is either on T.V., or out in a gay neighborhood where the most extreme types usually chill.

As long as we have peace of mind and seriously KNOW what the deal is, i wouldn't sweat it ;)