Clubplanet Nightlife Community

attn: SALEEN (review of edgars remix of darkbeat in 2)

koky

Originally posted by saleen351

i really wish you guys could read my pms.. many people agree with me, some high profile. And some upper echelon guys are now starting to look at lauderdale to play...

I have been reading your comments on Lauderdale. I agree mostly with what you say about some of the negative attributes on SoBe. I agree 100% with what you say about Lauderdale today. I’m just sorry you missed STEREO in its prime (its all hip hop now). My wife and I spend much of our social time in Lauderdale. It’s just 2 easy 4 us not 2. I also know the spot that someone compared to as the “size of a bedroom”. It’s a great spot! We still show up in SoBe to feel the vibe. But Lauderdale is a comfortable homeport. Glad you found your way. Most people in Dade never dream about traveling north.

Hey, one question, are you now gonna claim to have discovered Ft Lauderdale? Just like Al Gore discovered the Internet?

:D

Stereo once had a vibe?

The Poor House next door has more of a vibe festering on the bar floor than Stereo ever had. But that's just my experienced opinion.

I remember when a friend of mine used to spin Intelligent Drum and Bass on a thursday or something (DJ Blue) before it was Stereo...now that my friend was a vibin' show. But then again...didn't much lend itself the Guido Fist Pump so i wouldn't expect you to understand...One man's fruit is another man's candy!

Cheers,

FX

Quote:

Stereo once had a vibe?

The Poor House next door has more of a vibe festering on the bar floor than Stereo ever had. But that's just my experienced opinion.

I don't know what in the fock nights you used to go there?:confused:

I remember going there and having a hell of a good time w kick ass music and beoches every where. That was before the ghetto nation took ova.:mad:

Jon (jcbliss) once had a night up in Stereo for a bit, only time it was fun really.

FTL is showing signs of doing something better, yes, but it still has a way to go, while the opposite is true of the beach, with the exception of crobar, spin, and some nights at Level, the beach is showing signs of doing something worse. To me it looks like things will be dictated by downtown miami and FTL in the next few years.

Fort Lauderdale has to overcome a few things though, the stigma of being "Fort Liquordale", for one, and the stigma of catering to the lowest common denominator...

A friend of mine is an electrician and did a lot of work to Stereo before they opened doors. I have a lot of college buddies who live in Ft. laudey, so I'd go visit them quite often and go out in Laudey. There was a point where we'd go into Stereo for as much time as i could possibly bare for free drinks and what-not as a result of hangin' out with my palley the electrician...but I couldn't stay longer than a drink or two before I had to bid my adieus and head back to the Poor house for some good beer and much more interesting surroundings. But, like I said, or I should say...like my mom always says, "One Man's Fruit is another man's Candy"...

I must point however your reference to women as "Beoches" and saying the Ghetto Nation took over...and I pose you this question...HOG...do you think your outlook on women is any different than theirs?

Jumping into the fire,

FX

P.S. I hope your pooch is doing better:(

I'm sure they've had one-offs that were successful...I know for instance that Meng had a great time when he saw Anthony Pappa play there several months ago...and I have no doubt in Jon's ability to bring quality talent to whereever he may be hosting a show...however, I was at Stereo on an array of nights and could not wait to make my escape out of that place. I refused to pay a cover to enter that place, and if I had no other option, then I'd plant my ass at the poor house and hopefully convince someone in our group to do the same which often wasn't very difficult.

South Beach is a huge opportunity for anyone involved in the scene from DJ's to Promoters to Owners, etc...I think the ones that recognize the diversity of this city coupled with the diversity of musical genres within our beloved realm of electronic music along with a focus of raising the bar to higher levels on all counts can and must restore South Beach to its full potential. Support by and for locals is essential...there is plenty of talent right in our own backyard...DHM, Le Spam, Stryke, Edgar, the Space Boys, Sean Bauzay, and on and on that are trying to form a solid, rich and diverse backbone that represents what this city is all about...a melting pot!!!

Speaking of LeSpam, aside from he and his All Stars getting kudos in Rolling Stone Magazine awhile back, a few friends told me that Good Morning America was at Fuacs last Thursday doing a piece for an upcoming show.

Sweet.

PS -- FX had a nice set going at Level on Saturday. The only DJ in South Florida with enough balls to play the new Sasha tune, which many claim too be overtly ambient.

Originally posted by o0djfx0o

South Beach is a huge opportunity for anyone involved in the scene from DJ's to Promoters to Owners, etc...I think the ones that recognize the diversity

bla, bla, bla.... we understand that South Beach is SOUTH BEACH. Even when SoBe takes two steps back after three forward, it still an awesome place! We are spoiled. Try the shitty club scene in LA for a while and SoBe is even better! Whatever your taste or experience was at Stereo, the new clubs in Lauderdale are fun and constantly improving. Fort Lauderdale is more user friendly! All I'm saying is that it’s a nice alternative. With that said, this Saturday night its all about Space.