Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 10/21

weyes

a lot of wisdom and just general food for thought comes from song lyrics; they're not always there just to have something rhythmic going along with music. examples of "good" ones, you ask? let's see - that's all subjective, of course. some are more challenging than others. one of my faves is duran duran's:

and if the fire burns out there's only fire to blame.

hmmm. not a lack of water, then. no, seriously. i'm being glib about it, but that's the only one that comes to mind right now.

well, actually, it took me a while to figure out that, when backstreet boys said, "show me the meaning of being lonely," they weren't saying that they had never been lonely before, nor were they saying that they didn't know what it means. they were really asking whoever the girl to whom they're singing why they have to be apart.

you can say i read too much into this stuff, but lyrics were written for a reason, no matter who sings 'em. and, as i get older, i find that more and more songs apply to me; part of that, i think, is because i take the time to try to relate to them. anybody have any interesting ones to talk about?

tune in tomorrow.