Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Under Bar @ The W Hotel

Anybody have any comments on it?? I have friend who goes alot. average NYC drink prices, pretty crowd, variety of music, but no dancing, because they do not have a cabret license...

I wanna go with my guy and some of his friends, about 8 people, guys and girls.....

i would check out uncle mings on 14th and b. underbar is commercial, crowded, dark, and full of attitude and suits. uncle mings is a lounge, with dj, good prices, and true new yorkers w/o all the attitude. much better place for people who are attracted to clubplanet message boards!!

Originally posted by barvybe

Hey you!

Yeah, that's a pretty good description. Its often too crowded for dancing anyway. There are some nice booth like nooks and crannies to hang out in too.

Hello stranger.......

Good, looks like it might this Friday's spot..... I have a guranteed seat, so it's all good:D

Originally posted by underwater

i would check out uncle mings on 14th and b. underbar is commercial, crowded, dark, and full of attitude and suits. uncle mings is a lounge, with dj, good prices, and true new yorkers w/o all the attitude. much better place for people who are attracted to clubplanet message boards!!

They aren't on CP, just me, but we do go out all over the city. They were looking for some new spots to try out in the up coming weekends.

What does the DJ spin???....As long as it isn't hip hop/rap crap.....It might be worth the venture....

uncle mings - 225 avenue b 2nd floor

its above a liquor store. dj's are different every time i guess. i've been there about 4 times, and one saturday night it did turn into hip-hop night! other then that i heard breaks, house, progressive, disco, 80's. lots of beats from the 80's! there are so many better bars just down the street from the underbar. honestly, go to the underbar then walk to uncle mings. you'll see the difference (that is if its not hip-hop night).

Thats quite a walk from Underbar to Uncle Mings...lol

Id say check em both out on different nights, they are defintely for different crowds...

Underbar is very nice tho, usually has lots of celebs and important peopel that stay in the W hotel...

last time I was there I went with the guys from Dirty Vegas and the Goo Goo Dolls were also right near us...

place is not cheap tho...i think mixed drinks were like $11 each or so.....

Originally posted by underwater

uncle mings - 225 avenue b 2nd floor

its above a liquor store. dj's are different every time i guess. i've been there about 4 times, and one saturday night it did turn into hip-hop night! other then that i heard breaks, house, progressive, disco, 80's. lots of beats from the 80's! there are so many better bars just down the street from the underbar. honestly, go to the underbar then walk to uncle mings. you'll see the difference (that is if its not hip-hop night).

Sounds interesting......:D

Originally posted by az-tec

Thats quite a walk from Underbar to Uncle Mings...lol

Id say check em both out on different nights, they are defintely for different crowds...

Underbar is very nice tho, usually has lots of celebs and important peopel that stay in the W hotel...

last time I was there I went with the guys from Dirty Vegas and the Goo Goo Dolls were also right near us...

place is not cheap tho...i think mixed drinks were like $11 each or so.....

Hey Andy!!!!!

We are think about Friday night, so......I do wanna check out both spots. Prices don't bother me.......The perks of being a female:tongue: Just kidding, I just wanna go out and have fun....:D