Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**Roll-Call** 10/28 Tronic Treatment's specatular lineu

Ladies and Gentleman, the hour you have been waiting for... This is like fight nite and all the heavyweight contenders are gonna play. THis has to be one of the best lineups to hit TT yet. Liebing, the hacker, kiko, and liberator. THere won't be enough hours in that nite!! You are not ready for this!!

In my opinion having liebing play is like having rush w/o the live mc'ing. Liebing has to be the better dj of the two, though. I seriously cannot wait to listen to this man tear it up. Get ready for maximum BPM'S!!!!

Chris Liebing has been Djing since 1990 but decided to focus on house and techno in 1994. His style can be described as funky, groovy, progressive, hard, minimal house and techno.

In 1995 Chris started to release his own productions as well as becoming resident DJ at the Omen in Frankfurt and making appearances at various major events and clubs all over Germany, Europe and the rest of the world....

Since then, Chris has upped the ante: on the first Friday of each month, Chris is resident in the u60311 club in Frankfurt. His night is called "es ist freitag aaabend" and Chris invites guest djs and live acts to play alongside him, as well about 1500 - 2000 clubbers. He has been known to do 9 hour sets, which always go down a storm. He is also the resident DJ at Cocoon also in Frankfurt and has s weekly radio show called Pitch Control every Thursday night on hr XXL (www.hr-xxl.de) based in Frankfurt.

His tough style and amazingly tight control over 3 decks make Chris as force to be reckoned with: move over Sven Vath, Timo Maas and Paul Van Dyk - he's Germany's finest export at the moment.

The Hacker , best known for his work with chanteuse-extraordinaire and fellow Swiss resident Miss Kittin is coming to the States for a mini DJ tour. Miss Kittin & The Hacker’s critically acclaimed First Album released this past year on Emperor Norton, has been revered as one a classic ‘new electro’ album in everyone of the numerous stories on the scene. Vice magazine even called Miss Kittin and the Hacker’s single “Frank Sinatra,†‘the best dance track ever!’

The Hacker's music is the result of several influences, from electro to classic Detroit techno, more experimental stuff like Christian Vogel and Neil Landstrumm, as well early 80's New Wave and electronic disco (Giorgio Moroder style). "It was music you can dance to and listen to. Plus it was a bit sad and melancholic. That's what I like," says the Hacker.

Chris Liberator

My girlfriend shouts at me. Here's why. Sometimes I come back from a gig with no money. She goes mad, and I'm like "I couldn't take any money off them! They were such nice people!!"

When I was a teenager I devoted most of my time to punk (inspired as I was by bands like Sex Pistols, Stranglers, Wire and the like). I was in a few bands and we never had the chance to play out, until the squat party scene took off and we played these mad free gigs in illegal venues. I was having a great time, meeting really interesting people and learning a whole new political agenda. The sheer attitude that dripped from anarcho-punk bands like Sub-Humans, Poison Girls, Apostles, Crass, etc really challenged the way I thought, whilst the burgeoning independent label scene spearheaded originally by labels like Rough Trade, Fast Records and Fuck Off Records showed that there was a very real alternative to the major label music stranglehold. It opened my eyes to things I wouldn't normally see.

If you've never been to a free party then you're missing out. It's a shame that as a social phenomenon at least, the impact of this truly underground scene hasn't been more universally felt. It's different to club culture; more race and class divides are broken within it than anywhere else. No-one's really studied it as a social thing, maybe because it seems intimidating at first glace; I remember in the middle of the 1980s before the E explosion, the whole youth culture thing was pretty dangerous! You'd get punks fighting mods and god knows who else getting involved. E was saviour of all that, and E grew out of free parties. It turned a lot of people on to other things and made them do things a bit more meaningful than fighting rival factions. The free party scene took this a stage further and politicised it.

Let's talk about music...acid techno in particular. Before you start thinking that it's made up of screaming 303s and nothing else, it's not! When we started our label "Stay Up Forever" in 1993, we were really inspired by the sound of the 303 which we took and focussed into the classic acid techno sound. The label is still going on today, and is still 303-orientated. But in 1995, we started another label called Cluster which doesn't feature 303s at all (hardly!). It still has the gritty sound of London acid techno. All our mate's labels including Routemaster, Smitten and more recently 4x4, Hydraux, RAW and Powertools to name but a few, have pushed this sound into all sorts of areas. Acid techno has changed a lot over the years, from it's origin in screaming layered 303s to encompass all kinds of techno. It's essence is based in hard tribal techno with a penchant for phat analogue sounds. I like to think I play house music with attitude, which still gives you a big rush when it comes out of a huge sound system! To sum it up in one phrase - filthy, urban dance music.

I know that some people are keen to make me out as something of an ambassador - and sometimes a scapegoat - for acid techno culture. Fair enough but I'm not really into bigging myself or this scene up, or trying to spend my life defending it. It's there, take it or leave it, an underground scene that thrives successfully under it's own steam with negligible media coverage. As for the cult of the DJ, I spend my life debunking the myth of the "famous DJ". I hate the fact that DJs are treated like rock stars. Sometimes they go out, play, go into the VIP room to show off for a bit and then get in their car and get driven home. When I play somewhere, I talk to people, I try to get on with them, and I have a good time. I always remember that I'm lucky to be doing what I do, and what I get out of it is far beyond what I can ever put in. Trips to Europe, South America, Israel and Australia are amazing perks and give me a real insight into different cultures; and I've made really good friends all over the world.

I love DJing. It's my craft. I'm never satisfied with any of my sets though. I always think back to what I should have done differently. When I'm not DJing, I run labels. More of my time seems to be spent running labels and less of my time is spent on DJing! Most of time I'm issuing invoices, doing accounting paperwork and running around looking after them all. It's not all rock and roll...

So that's where I am at the moment. 10 years down the line I'll probably still living in London, probably still doing stuff in music. My time is so full with music; I can't imagine the workload ever finishing! Some things make money and some don't but I love everything too much to jack in any of it!

Chris Liebing has been Djing since 1990 but decided to focus on house and techno in 1994. His style can be described as funky, groovy, progressive, hard, minimal house and techno.

In 1995 Chris started to release his own productions as well as becoming resident DJ at the Omen in Frankfurt and making appearances at various major events and clubs all over Germany, Europe and the rest of the world....

Since then, Chris has upped the ante: on the first Friday of each month, Chris is resident in the u60311 club in Frankfurt. His night is called "es ist freitag aaabend" and Chris invites guest djs and live acts to play alongside him, as well about 1500 - 2000 clubbers. He has been known to do 9 hour sets, which always go down a storm. He is also the resident DJ at Cocoon also in Frankfurt and has s weekly radio show called Pitch Control every Thursday night on hr XXL (www.hr-xxl.de) based in Frankfurt.

His tough style and amazingly tight control over 3 decks make Chris as force to be reckoned with: move over Sven Vath, Timo Maas and Paul Van Dyk - he's Germany's finest export at the moment.

The Hacker , best known for his work with chanteuse-extraordinaire and fellow Swiss resident Miss Kittin is coming to the States for a mini DJ tour. Miss Kittin & The Hacker’s critically acclaimed First Album released this past year on Emperor Norton, has been revered as one a classic ‘new electro’ album in everyone of the numerous stories on the scene. Vice magazine even called Miss Kittin and the Hacker’s single “Frank Sinatra,†‘the best dance track ever!’

The Hacker's music is the result of several influences, from electro to classic Detroit techno, more experimental stuff like Christian Vogel and Neil Landstrumm, as well early 80's New Wave and electronic disco (Giorgio Moroder style). "It was music you can dance to and listen to. Plus it was a bit sad and melancholic. That's what I like," says the Hacker.

Chris Liberator

My girlfriend shouts at me. Here's why. Sometimes I come back from a gig with no money. She goes mad, and I'm like "I couldn't take any money off them! They were such nice people!!"

When I was a teenager I devoted most of my time to punk (inspired as I was by bands like Sex Pistols, Stranglers, Wire and the like). I was in a few bands and we never had the chance to play out, until the squat party scene took off and we played these mad free gigs in illegal venues. I was having a great time, meeting really interesting people and learning a whole new political agenda. The sheer attitude that dripped from anarcho-punk bands like Sub-Humans, Poison Girls, Apostles, Crass, etc really challenged the way I thought, whilst the burgeoning independent label scene spearheaded originally by labels like Rough Trade, Fast Records and Fuck Off Records showed that there was a very real alternative to the major label music stranglehold. It opened my eyes to things I wouldn't normally see.

If you've never been to a free party then you're missing out. It's a shame that as a social phenomenon at least, the impact of this truly underground scene hasn't been more universally felt. It's different to club culture; more race and class divides are broken within it than anywhere else. No-one's really studied it as a social thing, maybe because it seems intimidating at first glace; I remember in the middle of the 1980s before the E explosion, the whole youth culture thing was pretty dangerous! You'd get punks fighting mods and god knows who else getting involved. E was saviour of all that, and E grew out of free parties. It turned a lot of people on to other things and made them do things a bit more meaningful than fighting rival factions. The free party scene took this a stage further and politicised it.

Let's talk about music...acid techno in particular. Before you start thinking that it's made up of screaming 303s and nothing else, it's not! When we started our label "Stay Up Forever" in 1993, we were really inspired by the sound of the 303 which we took and focussed into the classic acid techno sound. The label is still going on today, and is still 303-orientated. But in 1995, we started another label called Cluster which doesn't feature 303s at all (hardly!). It still has the gritty sound of London acid techno. All our mate's labels including Routemaster, Smitten and more recently 4x4, Hydraux, RAW and Powertools to name but a few, have pushed this sound into all sorts of areas. Acid techno has changed a lot over the years, from it's origin in screaming layered 303s to encompass all kinds of techno. It's essence is based in hard tribal techno with a penchant for phat analogue sounds. I like to think I play house music with attitude, which still gives you a big rush when it comes out of a huge sound system! To sum it up in one phrase - filthy, urban dance music.

I know that some people are keen to make me out as something of an ambassador - and sometimes a scapegoat - for acid techno culture. Fair enough but I'm not really into bigging myself or this scene up, or trying to spend my life defending it. It's there, take it or leave it, an underground scene that thrives successfully under it's own steam with negligible media coverage. As for the cult of the DJ, I spend my life debunking the myth of the "famous DJ". I hate the fact that DJs are treated like rock stars. Sometimes they go out, play, go into the VIP room to show off for a bit and then get in their car and get driven home. When I play somewhere, I talk to people, I try to get on with them, and I have a good time. I always remember that I'm lucky to be doing what I do, and what I get out of it is far beyond what I can ever put in. Trips to Europe, South America, Israel and Australia are amazing perks and give me a real insight into different cultures; and I've made really good friends all over the world.

I love DJing. It's my craft. I'm never satisfied with any of my sets though. I always think back to what I should have done differently. When I'm not DJing, I run labels. More of my time seems to be spent running labels and less of my time is spent on DJing! Most of time I'm issuing invoices, doing accounting paperwork and running around looking after them all. It's not all rock and roll...

So that's where I am at the moment. 10 years down the line I'll probably still living in London, probably still doing stuff in music. My time is so full with music; I can't imagine the workload ever finishing! Some things make money and some don't but I love everything too much to jack in any of it!

Originally posted by sebastianxy

sounds amazing... anyone know set times & how late (or early) it's going till??

Tonight is an early start. Kick off is at 9 PM, and it will certainly go past 4. Kiko starts up, and then we'll see what happens next timing wise. It's all up to the DJs.

Chris liebing will be performing on decks, Efects and Final Scratch, an dthere will be 3 Turntables set-up, cause the techno boys need them.

The guestlist closes at 4 (be sure to click on it and sign up for tonight - $3 bucks can't be BEAT for this shit right heuh!!!), so I am sure it will be on til at least five or so?

Here's a pic of me....NO I am NOT topless, I have on a tube top. LOL

One of you guys come scoop me!

__hr_sheendawg.jpg?bcJOav9A3KsKnB8s

LOL @ Mugz....whatchu tryna say? I don't know my music? I just moved here from DC, trust that I was at Buzz every Friday, VIP....one of my clients (I'm also a literary agent) is writing a book called Movement that chronicles the entire EDM scene...even has Deep Dish co-writing the chaper on remixes....GET OFF ME!! lmao

sheendawg

i just thought the animation was funny - didn't think it was a jab in any way at your knowledge of the scene. this is about fun and not who is "cooler" then who... monday parties you can pretty much guarantee that anyone there is willing to forsake sleep/work for good music and that's badge of honor enough for me.

ok back to work if i want to be there by midnight....