Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha sucked

i never heard sasha before last night, and i must say that i was impressed. he brought a lot of energy at times, but the crowd did not seem too into it at all. good times chillen with carl, his friend, sabina, erick, melissa, and justin. He had a lot of techy tracks throughout the night which i loved. i didnt think his beatmatchin was off, but then again.... i wasnt there to critique his mixing... just there to have fun listenin to good music

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

k i didn't post a review before but here it is. i don't think my opinions will clarify why so many ppl didn't like it though.

got there around 12:30 and jimmy van m was spinning boring mellow progressive, very possibly WORSE than when i saw him at arc a few weeks ago. He spun until 2:15 when Sasha came on, giving sasha NOTHING to build his set from.

The first hour of sasha's set was mellow and unexciting. i was afraid i was going to be in for a dissapointment. then his set turned around (and i give a lot of credit for the change to my buddy justin THANK YOU). me and vicman were tearing up the dance floor beyond belief and the set kept getting better and better.

sasha spun until about 6:15, giving us a four hour set that i did not expect. i didn't get any breaks the whole night besides two brief teasers but i was still completely satisfied and more - that says a lot for those who know me.

and then the encore - two tracks. the first, i forget the trackname - off aridrawndagger - a breaks tune - i launched into pure excasty and hit the dance floor to finish off the night. and ran into the guy i had had my eye on all night, hooked up and had a moment of pure excasty to end the night - seriously i never peaked like that when i did e (i did no substances last night). i was SHAKING the last minute of the encore. SOOO INTENSE. and it finally ended at 6:30.

and then the easiest drive home ever - i was so pumped the hour home flew by - and i swear i saw a deer look both ways before he ran across the road in front of me. (they are getting smarter...)

and i saw so many ppl last night that i did not expect to see... (please excuse me for mentioning ppl not on this board - i am too lazy to write 2 reviews).

great to see chookbak, pyro, enigma, vicman, martina, carl, erik, roninmess, missabina, JUSTIN & crew, sauve88 and all the nice ppl i met.

sauve88 - go eagles/flyers!

john - thx for the powerbar - you saved me!

JUSTIN - IT WAS WORTH IT!

tom - thx for the pics

vic - i couldn't have danced like that without you

Carl - that was the best massage EVER

robin - i think we can get ready for diggers....

and one last thing - i went last night mostly cause i missed half of sasha's set at buzz. and i feel totally redeemed. you all missed an incredible night. i can only hope pvd will be half as good.

sasha is my hero.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

WHAT TRAINWRECKS?

:confused:

Jimmy van m was trainwrecking all over the place...but i dont recall one trainwreck from sasha...maybe you have the two confused...:idea:

Either way, hearing that MAJOR dj's like that are trainwrecking makes me feel waaaaay better about the fact that I do it a lot :D

great meeting some of the people from the NY board also,

hotcheme who i had already met and boy can she dance :eek:

echostar- who i had briefly met earlier this year at exit

bigpoppanils, and i think i also met Carl...and i met some other folks but my mind is still a a bit of a mess from the lack of sleep.

sasha was on point as always. the route he decided to take was different, but still great. it wasnt as enjoyable as the stuff he spung at vinyl a couple of months ago (which was the best set i've heard in years!) but it was still cool. the only dissapointing part is sasha is so rarely in nyc that i want to hear te typical, sasha, not an experimental one. if he had a regular monthly residency i would be more open to his experimenting

but sasha is still the greates dj on this planet, and his skills are unmatched, and i will go to hear him any day at any club

Add another to the count of people who enjoyed Sasha. Seemed like the many people (taking up maybe half the floor) left at the end did as well.

I thought what Jimmy van M played was boring until the last hour.

However, for one of the earlier posts, I think it's like apples and oranges to compare his set to what he played at Arc, because over there he's pretty much the feature DJ (tag-teaming with Burridge, right?) and hence playing peak time tunes.

On an unrelated note, I think it would be cool to see and hear Digweed (either solo or with Sasha) at Roxy.

Originally posted by wallflour

Add another to the count of people who enjoyed Sasha. Seemed like the many people (taking up maybe half the floor) left at the end did as well.

I thought what Jimmy van M played was boring until the last hour.

However, for one of the earlier posts, I think it's like apples and oranges to compare his set to what he played at Arc, because over there he's pretty much the feature DJ (tag-teaming with Burridge, right?) and hence playing peak time tunes.

On an unrelated note, I think it would be cool to see and hear Digweed (either solo or with Sasha) at Roxy.

yeah when i saw JVM at arc i was unimpressed. everytime he came on i got bored and waited for lee burridge to come back. i felt the same way with JVM last night. but sasha more than made up for it for me. :)

Originally posted by teklord310

Hmmm... Seems like I didn't miss that much. I would have liked to go, but I stayed local last night.

IMO Airdrawndagger is a very tight album, one of my favorites of all time. No it isn't "banging," but its a nice chill out album.

So basically Sasha spun from 2:30 - 6:40. 4 hours is kind of weak if you ask me. Glad to hear it wasn't too overcrowded.

I'm holding out for PVD. :cool:

if you like airdrawndagger then you wouldve loved it last night

basically the people that didnt like his set dont like the cd

hence the album tour

Originally posted by hotcheme

The first hour of sasha's set was mellow and unexciting. i was afraid i was going to be in for a dissapointment. then his set turned around (and i give a lot of credit for the change to my buddy justin THANK YOU).

yeah we got WHACKED up there.......haha it didnt even click that the set turned around after we hung out

i wasnt a fan of the album at all when i first got it, but i listened to it on the ride down to the city last night, and i changed my mind. I really listened to everything in each song, and was able to appreciate it more. definitely like the cd now, and for my first time seeing sasha, i was impressed a lot.