Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD is up to $50?

joeg

these big dj's charge this much because they can. they're agents and managers want to get paid, and so do the artists themselves. is it getting out of hand?? absolutely!! but while there are enough people to willing to fork over the money and pay to see these dj's nothing will change. the numbers will just keep getting higher and higher. in the defense of the promoters and owners, they are almost at mercy to the agents and dj's and are forced to charge x amount of money to cover they're expenses. let's face it, no one wants to lose an absurd amount of money, but in some regards its also unethical to try and get away with too much... in this instance, i don't think they're trying to get away with it. i know what pvd charges, and its extremely HIGH. let's face it though, the location is a great enviromental factor in artists management determining how much they want to get paid, and because the location is NYC, they can get away with it..... if twilo ever did anything, it built names, and thus increased demand....pvd, s&d, cox,oakenfold are huge in the city thanks in large part to twilo. sure, some of you have heard them overseas or in other cities,and have read about them in mixer and urb, but where did most of you REALLY hear them?? your very beloved twilo......i see the overall scene shifting to where coroprate sponsorship is going to almost be a must.... with high fees for dj's, club owners and promoters alike are just not willing to take a huge risk and stand to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars. so therefore i see corporations getting involved to offset some of these expenses...btw, this in my opinion is not entirely a bad thing, just note, it will make things different.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

these big dj's charge this much because they can. they're agents and managers want to get paid, and so do the artists themselves. is it getting out of hand?? absolutely!! but while there are enough people to willing to fork over the money and pay to see these dj's nothing will change. the numbers will just keep getting higher and higher. in the defense of the promoters and owners, they are almost at mercy to the agents and dj's and are forced to charge x amount of money to cover they're expenses. let's face it, no one wants to lose an absurd amount of money, but in some regards its also unethical to try and get away with too much... in this instance, i don't think they're trying to get away with it. i know what pvd charges, and its extremely HIGH. let's face it though, the location is a great enviromental factor in artists management determining how much they want to get paid, and because the location is NYC, they can get away with it..... if twilo ever did anything, it built names, and thus increased demand....pvd, s&d, cox,oakenfold are huge in the city thanks in large part to twilo. sure, some of you have heard them overseas or in other cities,and have read about them in mixer and urb, but where did most of you REALLY hear them?? your very beloved twilo......i see the overall scene shifting to where coroprate sponsorship is going to almost be a must.... with high fees for dj's, club owners and promoters alike are just not willing to take a huge risk and stand to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars. so therefore i see corporations getting involved to offset some of these expenses...btw, this in my opinion is not entirely a bad thing, just note, it will make things different.