Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Van Dyk at Roxy - Friday, 11/1/02

DaVe

Click here for full invite and event information!

pvd-sm.jpg

Friday, November 1st, 2002

Made at the Roxy presents

Paul van Dyk w/ Luis Diaz

Luis Diaz 10pm - 2am, PVD 6 hour set!! 2am - 8am

The Roxy

515 West 18th Street, NYC

Doors at 10pm. 18 to enter, 21 to drink.

Advance tickets are on sale now. Tickets are $50 now and at the door. To purchase tickets online click here. http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=nyc&query=detail&event=374380

Tickets are also on sale @ Satellite Records, 259 Bowery, between Prince and Houston, NYC tlf 212-995-1744.

Expect a full Audio Visual experience that will elevate the entire experience of this event. Some of the things we're bringing to make a special event include:

Lighting designed and controlled by Michael David of Arc/Twilo.

Laser Show by Stellar Designs.

Live Video show by Med44.

Sound engineer Steve Dash will be on hand tweaking the brand new Phazon sound system to perfection.

Visit www.PaulvanDyk.de for more information on Paul Van Dyk.

Picture 1 http://www.paul-van-dyk.de/Foto/TPOD-1.JPG

Picture 2 http://www.paul-van-dyk.de/Foto/TPOD-5.JPG

Paul van Dyk

Paul van Dyk and his team are the founders of the label Vandit Records. His career till then as an international DJ and producer is characterized by one success after the other.

His singles and albums have hit the German and international charts numerous times and music journalists have made him one of the most praised DJs in Europe. In 1999 he is awarded "Best International DJ" and his regular 6 hour set at the Gatecrasher is voted "second best night ever" in a poll by the english "Muzik" magazine amongst 50 parties and clubs.

Immediately after the Berlin wall fell the newly formed club scene celebrated with his music. Later on he advanced to spin the turntables at the legendary E-Werk. In the meantime Paul starts work on his first own remixes, these efforts being rewarded very soon after as he produces his first "club hit of the year". That is back in '94. In 1995 he releases his first album "45 RPM". Several remixes, albums and singles are to follow that hit the charts and the techno scene all over Europe so that a Paul van Dyk hype evolves.

Paul is still on tour around the world club scene and remains a very welcome guest and DJ.....

Click here for Tickets http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=nyc&query=detail&event=374380

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am planning to drive down to ROXY this friday for PVD. but i have never driven down there. is it a safe part of town to park on the street?? how much does the nearest garage charge for the night(any secret garage that is very cheap)? or should i just street park somewhere by roxy.. if so what street is the safest. my car is old but very rare and i dont want it to get stolen(i have a 3000gt vr4). thank you.. also does roxy allow cameras.?? thank you.!!!!

JulieNY you are scaring me :eek:

But for humor I will indulge you with an answer.

Their was 1000 tickets priced at $40. These were specially priced for people who bought in advance early on. An annoucement was made that tickets prices would be raised to $50 after the $40 tickets sold out. On the first thread about this 2 weeks ago I highly recommended to our lovely CP community to buy early. See ya Friday.

Originally posted by jin22

i am planning to drive down to ROXY this friday for PVD. but i have never driven down there. is it a safe part of town to park on the street?? how much does the nearest garage charge for the night(any secret garage that is very cheap)? or should i just street park somewhere by roxy.. if so what street is the safest. my car is old but very rare and i dont want it to get stolen(i have a 3000gt vr4). thank you.. also does roxy allow cameras.?? thank you.!!!!

Try 7th Ave where there are meters - they're free on weekends.

Also 15-18 St's between 8th and 7th Aves

You could also try between 9th and 10th Aves on 20-22 St's.

Read the signs carefully though. Look for the streets that have signs with street cleaning schedules. The ones that say "No Parking Mon - Fri 8-6" are usually ok too. If you see "Night Parking Regulation", don't park there!

If you want indoor parking, there's one underneath the old Port Authority building (which is now an office building), which is across the street from Chelsea Market on one side, and across from the Covenent House on another side - it's between 9th and 8th Aves (closer to 9th), with access on both 15 and 16 St's.

I'm not sure what they charge for weekend parking. They do have good Early Bird rates during regular work hours, if that tells anything.

There should be plenty of other parking lots around there, but I'm not sure where they are.

Originally posted by teklord310

Ripoff. I'm staying local this weekend. $50 is way too much. I used to pay $25 to see him at Twilo back when he was much better and didn't have to deal with the mob.

Have fun though!! :cool:

Hey!!!! Long time no see, how are you? ;)

$50 is too much. These people are way out of line! :mad:

Well of course there are garages at every corner in the city.. I was gonna tell you to park at the garage we usualy park at but Larry just informend me that its $20 after 5:30am... so he suggested to park at chelsea piers b/c its free. If you dont want to do that go down the block roxy is on and make your first left there is a garage there. Im not positive of their rates anymore tho.

there is a garage on 18th btwn 9th and 10th ave that i always park at... it used to be 18 to park all night... but it was only $10 to park when i went to tiesto... so... either way its not too bad. :aright: theres also one on 16th im not sure which ave though... i think 8th and 9th... its like $10 there too

Originally posted by linabina

there is a garage on 18th btwn 9th and 10th ave that i always park at... it used to be 18 to park all night... but it was only $10 to park when i went to tiesto... so... either way its not too bad. :aright: theres also one on 16th im not sure which ave though... i think 8th and 9th... its like $10 there too

thats the one i was talking about.. its $20 after 5:30. We found that out the night of tiesto..

who's Luis Diaz(playing 10pm-2am at roxy playing before P.V.D).? is he any good..? never heard him spin b4 or heard his music.

don't worry... he will satisfy you, and if he doesn't, I don't know what else to say.