Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danish Police detain chechen.....

dnice35

just a question i am posing....

is the war really for control over oil? i thought that the main reason that we were going after sadamm was b/c he is trying to build nuclear weapons....so if we are trying to fight a war on "terror" and we know there is a leader with a supreme hatred for america and isreal that is about to aquire weapons that could set off world war 3 then why should be not try to cut this risk before it grows out of control....i mean if iraq gets that capability the whole world will have to tip toe around them out of fear they are going nuke isreal, europe, or detonate a nuke right here in nyc....do you agree to this or do you assume that the US is putting up a front and working to control an oil source....seems to me there would be more of a concern over a maniac w/ a weapon that could wipe out a million people....i mean come on...the guy has murdered 20000 of his own ruling party....not to mention the fact that he has attempted to kill one of our former presidents and murdered thousands of his own people...

oil or a preventative strike?

Originally posted by sassa

if we went after everyone that had nuclear weapons, we'd have to go after some of our allies, including OURSELVES. If the US wants Iraq to disarm, then it should disarm too.

You missed the guys point, he said Saddam has a hatred for the US, not our allies (thats why we call them allies):rolleyes:

thats a dumb point because we have been working to reduce the amount of nuclear weapons in the world...although it does only take 1-2 to do some major damage....however the main point is we use our weapons as a DETERENCE....its more or less IF YOU BOMB US WE WILL BOMB YOU x10....iraq on the other hand is an AGGRESSOR...that point can not be argued b/c there is a documented pattern of aggresion and tyranny.....therefore the world really has a decision to make...do we take this chump out and free his land (while getting the benefit of oil)...OR DO WE WAIT A COUPLE YEARS UNTIL THIS RAVING MADMAN BLOWS A HOLE THE SIZE OF A SMALL COUNTRY INTO THIS EARTH OR HAS THE ABILITY TO PLAY THE WORLD LIKE A PUPPET KNOWING THAT HE HAS THE BALLS TO USE IT.....i think thats the real concern here...its about where we see the direction of the world going....OIL IS JUST AN ADDED BENEFIT THAT PEOPLE ARE SCEAMING ABOUT!!!!

Originally posted by underwater

thats a dumb point because we have been working to reduce the amount of nuclear weapons in the world...although it does only take 1-2 to do some major damage....however the main point is we use our weapons as a DETERENCE....its more or less IF YOU BOMB US WE WILL BOMB YOU x10....iraq on the other hand is an AGGRESSOR...that point can not be argued b/c there is a documented pattern of aggresion and tyranny.....therefore the world really has a decision to make...do we take this chump out and free his land (while getting the benefit of oil)...OR DO WE WAIT A COUPLE YEARS UNTIL THIS RAVING MADMAN BLOWS A HOLE THE SIZE OF A SMALL COUNTRY INTO THIS EARTH OR HAS THE ABILITY TO PLAY THE WORLD LIKE A PUPPET KNOWING THAT HE HAS THE BALLS TO USE IT.....i think thats the real concern here...its about where we see the direction of the world going....OIL IS JUST AN ADDED BENEFIT THAT PEOPLE ARE SCEAMING ABOUT!!!!

um...helloooo....explain why the US decides to do this NOW and didn't do it in the course of 10 years???

everything you have just wrote has been said ten million times already...

Originally posted by sassa

um...helloooo....explain why the US decides to do this NOW and didn't do it in the course of 10 years???

Before Sept. 11, we took alot of things for granted, we tought no one was crazy enough to ever attack US soil. Now we lost that sence of security and have to be cautious. Saddam being a threat... we have to deal with before some other shit happens.... is that a good enough responce?

well the reason we are doing it now is because we were just faced with the reality that thousand of innocent americans can be wiped off the face of this earth by men who are willing to use whatever means necessary to destroy us. they have no interest in attacking military installments or going to war over land. they see only one take on the world. that is the destruction of america and ridding the middle east of isreal. THEY HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO STOP HITLER BEFORE HE GAINED SUCH POWER. its the exact same scenario with saddam. once he aquires a nuke he will have absolutely now problem giving it to some rogue operation who will smuggle it into our country and BOOM!!! so long everyone b/c we will immediately be sending over about 5 nukes to iraq and then its armagedon from there!! if we are attacked by a rogue force with a weapon of mass destruction it will be untraceable to iraq b/c the world will say you do not have a definitive link. REMEMBER THIS - WE ARE GIVING IRAQ THE CHANCE TO FULLY COMPLY WITH UN WEAPONS INSPECTORS. IF HE DOES NOT COMPLY THEN - AND ONLY THEN - WILL WE WAGE WAR. that sounds pretty fair to me BUT THE SAD TRUTH IS SADDAM SUCKS COCK AND HE WILL NEVER COMPLY.

AM I UNDERSTANDING THIS CORRECTLY - ARE YOU SAYING THAT WE SHOULD JUST IGNORE IRAQ AND LET THEM BUILD WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION B/C EVERYONE ELSE HAS THEM?