Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dj's - advice on mixers

i'm looking at a new mixer and it has to be at least 3 channels b/c i'm probably gonna buy a 3rd turntable.. and in the future maybe a cd player..

any thoughts on this one?

http://www.stantonmagnetics.com/alpha44/mixers_rm-100.asp\

its about in my price range.. i don't wanna spend like 5 or 6 hundred on a mixer.. so i'm mostly looking at stanton mixers and vestax since they're a bit cheaper..

thanks in advance for the suggestions..

Point Blank:

if yer on a budget...and if its between vestax or stanton...Vestax is your choice cause they fuckin equal QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i forget the model..but the pmc-170 (?) is a great low budget one....its got cut off switches and all.

OR...

i could sell u my Pioneer DJM-600 mixer...which i honestly have no time to use the past couple months cause im so busy with work.

Originally posted by quoth

Point Blank:

if yer on a budget...and if its between vestax or stanton...Vestax is your choice cause they fuckin equal QUALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i forget the model..but the pmc-170 (?) is a great low budget one....its got cut off switches and all.

OR...

i could sell u my Pioneer DJM-600 mixer...which i honestly have no time to use the past couple months cause im so busy with work.

so the pmc-170 is a 3 channel mixer?

and how much you selling the pioneer for??

i probably would have looked at the pioneer except i've heard they go for like a g, and i defiently am not looking to spend that kinda loot on a mixer right now since i need a third deck and at some point will wanna buy an efx machine..

Originally posted by PFloyd40

and how much you selling the pioneer for??

i probably would have looked at the pioneer except i've heard they go for like a g, and i defiently am not looking to spend that kinda loot on a mixer right now since i need a third deck and at some point will wanna buy an efx machine..

I would Sacrafice that mixer to you for $700....it is 10 months old...and retails for $1,200.

Built-In EFX machine as well.

Quoth just sooooooooooooooo has no more time for any dj-ing.

Depends on what your looking for. Personally if you at all into recording your sets and having any quality to them, save up and go for a Rane (you might be able to fine some used one kicking around somewhere) They are the defacto standard in most club and pro audio installs...

Bern

is the 600 the newest one? i might be intrested in that price :)

its has the filter effect correct?

And i have one thing to say about "sound quality" - if you are using it at home , i guaruntee that if you record a cd direct to your HD with a decent soundcard - no body is gonna be able to tell what brand mixer u use. Its my opioion thats all crap - what the point of 1000 dollar circuitry if you end up running it through analog plugs? just the way i feel after being around a bit, its seems as though if you buy a Rane, you have this aura of "oohh he must really like his sound quality" bullocks!

berniec

Depends on what your looking for. Personally if you at all into recording your sets and having any quality to them, save up and go for a Rane (you might be able to fine some used one kicking around somewhere) They are the defacto standard in most club and pro audio installs...

Well, you def dont need a rane mixer. thers alot of mixers that can do the job. the pioneer is a real good mixer. i have the 500 and i still use it cause i have the efx-500 conected to it. recently i bought the denon mixer and ive been using it over the pioneer. its real smooth and has effect loop on it so you can plug in an effects box. def check out the denon before you buy other stuff and its not even that expensive, just in your price range

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

is the 600 the newest one? i might be intrested in that price :)

its has the filter effect correct?

And i have one thing to say about "sound quality" - if you are using it at home , i guaruntee that if you record a cd direct to your HD with a decent soundcard - no body is gonna be able to tell what brand mixer u use. Its my opioion thats all crap - what the point of 1000 dollar circuitry if you end up running it through analog plugs? just the way i feel after being around a bit, its seems as though if you buy a Rane, you have this aura of "oohh he must really like his sound quality" bullocks!

For what its worth analog can sound just as good (sometimes better) then analog if installed properly. Think about it, no matter what you eventually turn into a analog signal to feed amps in the end anyway.

As far as plugs go, you dont have to go for 'monster cable' or that crap either. Get yourself some Belden wire and a soldering gun if your really worried about ur plugs. With the exception of SOME studio productions, all of the TV and Radio that you watch is 99% analog equiptment, and as far as the quality of the signal (at least as it leave the stations...not taking into account static on its way to you, etc) its just fine...

'Digital' in terms of circuitry in a mixer is nothing more then a buzzword to try and sell more units. unless you have a digital out of a CD player, and sync both units together as well as a digital mixer, there is no way that you can mix in a true 'digital' enviroment. And you think that these mixers are doing an A/D conversion on every analog source you bring into them?- hell no. The only things digital in those units are some of the processsing/effects that are simply placed in the output bus.

hope this clears some things up.

Bern