Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hollywood and the valley becoming their own cities?

weyes

so, kids, tomorrow is election day, and i think that proposition h (more than f) might get some of our peers to the polls, but they won't even know what they're voting for when they vote for the secession of hollywood.

circus has sent me loads of e-mails telling to vote yes on prop. H, for the new city of hollywood, but they're just the same pretty flyer over and over of gene lapietra - no info, no reasons why i should vote for this.

a friend of mine says that a lot of people are under the impression that, if hollywood becomes its own city, it'll change the hours at which clubs close and make "closing time" at bars later, too. there's no reason to think this is so, and that's statewide, is it not (i'll admit i'm not positive on that one) ?

but secession means that hollywood would have to come up with a police dept., its own this and that, and they'd still have to pay $127,122,000 to the city of l.a. for 20 years (adjusted with inflation, mind you). and l.a.'ll lose from it, too, tourism, etc. so everyone loses.

and here's what gets me: the people i see who are shouting "yes for hollywood!" and such are quite a lot like many of the nader supporters in the last presidential election. all but one that i asked (it got to be a point of mine) didn't even have an idea of who his running mate was :eek::no: .

anyway, even if you're for the secession of hollywood and the valley, educate yourself and know why you're voting that way :) .