Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 11/6

weyes

Originally posted by weyes

just 'cause it's a cliche does not mean it's common sense.

...especially when the cliches spring from stereotypes.

Words strain,

Crack and sometimes break, under the burden,

Under the tension, slip, slide, perish,

Decay with imprecision, will not stay in place,

Will not stay still.

-T.S. Eliot, poet (1888-1965)

btw Weyes, looking at the times of your postings, perhaps you're not getting the full 8 hours of sleep recommended by the AMA...guess I'm not the only one

:bored:

Originally posted by sebastianxy

btw Weyes, looking at the times of your postings, perhaps you're not getting the full 8 hours of sleep recommended by the AMA...guess I'm not the only one

:bored:

:laugh:

the whole time thing on cp confused me for a while, too :D ! the times of people's posts are whatever time it was where YOU are. and you have to set up your cp settings so that the time zone corresponds with yours.

and i do stay up till 3-ish most nights, which is too late - you're right. fortunately, i usually work the 1-9:30pm shift, so i still get my eight hours. i generally try to exactly get the 8 - sleep is something i really value :aright: .

*o - where are you, sebastianxy?

Uggh... I live in Hollywood, but I just got back from six weeks in New York, so I'm still adapting...

the staying up late is not a problem- went to Honey last night so not in bed till three- but my sleeping till noon translates to nine am here, so here I am wide awake and typing away at 9:20 :blank:

Honey btw was really pumping last night, good vibe and enough room to actually dance, though (kinda funny) I went outside to catch a breather, it was raining pretty hard, so I ran back in and when almost knocked over Paul Oakenfold, who was right inside the door dancing around in his black adidas trackies... I tell ya he's got that head bobbing thing perfected ;)

where do you work with a 1-9 shift?

i work at a camera store/photo lab, and my hours and days are different every week. that has its pros and cons; if i want a particular day off, i can always get it if i ask enough in advance. my manager is really cool about that. and i tend to get the late shift, i guess, 'cause i'm late if they give me the early one, and too out of it to function properly :worry: . i suppose she figures i'm at my best on the late shift and other people are at their best earlier, so utilize everyone when they're most useful to the store (helpful in general and selling shit :aright: ).

ooo - who was at honey, again? i'm on their e-mailing list, but i'm often not familiar with the music of the djs, even if i've heard of them. and i will most likely be going to see the east coast boogiemen on the 21st; you thinking of going then?

* www.cued-up.com has a $5 guestlist for honey, in case you didn't already know :) .

I don't know who was djing, (I know cardinal sin) but I was just boogeying my uncoordinated butt around the floor and didn't get around to asking. Chap in a ski cap, t-shirt and jeans, that oughta narrow it down for ya ; )

Don't know about the 21st, I guess depends if I'm in town or not, have you heard the EC Boogeymen before? What style do they spin?

Gona try to check out Insomnia tomorrow, never been and with Swedish, I hope to make the effort, otherwise I usually hit Deep at 1650 any sun night I can...