Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Andy Caldwell In Soul Sessions

georgeacasta2

I loved it! It's very vocally, if you don't like vocals stay away from this comp.

Here's a minimix of Andy Caldwell's In Soul Sessions Vol 1 if you want to sample it :)

http://www.inspiritmusic.com/sounds/mixes/insoul_minimix.ram This is exactly the way I like house music. Soulful luscious vocals and funky flowing baselines. The kicks on all the tracks on this comp are really deep, they give the music a sound that's dubby and really smooth.

Here's the tracklisting for the songs on the sample

1 -- The Beard - Someday (InSoul Edit) - Inspirit Music

2 -- Franky Boissy - La Baie De Rio (Andy Caldwell mix) - L'Amour Records

3 -- Kaskade - Be There - Jamayka Records

4 -- Soul Sista - Musication (Andy Caldwell mix) - Inspirit Music

5 -- Marques Wyatt - For Those Who Like To Get Down - Om Records

The Marques Wyatt track is all aces.

anyways, that's my rant about the type of music I like.

Enjoy

Andy began dee-jaying at the age of 18 and completed his first release back in 1994 with label mate Gabriel Rene and they soon formed a strong partnership with San Francisco based band Soulstice who have just celebrated the release of their album, Illusion.

In the past several years, Andy has seen releases on Om Records beginning with Mark Farina’s Mushroom Jazz series, five consecutive Om Lounge releases, and more recently Sounds of Om v. 2, a full length mix cd of deep house grooves. On top of this his dreamy house cover of the Brazilian jazz standard ‘Quiet Nights’ featuring the vocals of Gina Rene, was touted by Hed Kandi’s Mark Doyle, as “a perfect example of cool and soulful deep house.â€

Incorporating the organic feel and sounds of jazz, classical, and soul, his unique production is always big on lush melody, complex chord progressions, clever bass lines, and intricate drum programming.

The stage is set for Andy’s debut release on Inspirit Music. Having been blown away by Andy’s remix of Kamini’s ‘On My Own’ out June 2002, expect to hear more from Andy here on Inspirit very soon.