Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pack It Up Miami/sobe, I Told You Its Ova, And It Is...

Guest saleen351

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by anteye

Thanks guyman and JT for the props on the post. This is a topic which really gets me going, and I had some time to kill.

voluptuary...

I think what you're leaving out is that the hip-hop culture drives people to attain the things you mentioned by taking advantage of and hurting others. Not by working hard, not by being the best at something, not by having original ideas... but by being the most violent, the most fearless and the most dishonest. The danger comes when a group of those people want it bad enough.

I just don't think it's an element that should be hanging around our places of recreation. I go out to enjoy myself and be carefree. How am I supposed to do that if I constantly have to be on guard?

we live in a violent society,which glorifies sex and violence, and where wealth is used as leverage. this country’s history is full of acts of "taking advantage of and hurting others." then we wonder why certain members, of our society exhibit this behavior. the elements you describe cannot only be attributed to the hip-hop culture, indeed they area part of the hip-hop culture, no one will deny that. " Not by working hard, not by being the best at something, not by having original ideas... but by being the most violent, the most fearless and the most dishonest. The danger comes when a group of those people want it bad enough." no my friend the danger is ,when people make statements like yours, and actually believe them to be true. generalizing does not add credibility to your statements. imo it actually makes you seem rather naive.

I walked down Washington Avenue in disgust tonight. I lived it up in First World decadance (Thank you Spin! --- Ich Bin Ein Spinnlander!) at Spin, and then I exit into the equivalent of Bombay, except everyone's screaming drunk with a point to prove. Thank god I stashed my gear 20 minutes before...I didn't feel unsafe, but supremely irritated...:blown:

Still, oink, fucking oink! Line 'em all up and ship 'em out. Put razor wire around the Everglades and declare it a free-fire zone. Let 'em act out on their Tupac/Fat Joe/M.O.B. fantasies for all I care, just stay the fuck off of my little stretch of fun!

Originally posted by pod

I walked down Washington Avenue in disgust tonight. I lived it up in First World decadance (Thank you Spin! --- Ich Bin Ein Spinnlander!) at Spin, and then I exit into the equivalent of Bombay, except everyone's screaming drunk with a point to prove. Thank god I stashed my gear 20 minutes before...I didn't feel unsafe, but supremely irritated...:blown:

Still, oink, fucking oink! Line 'em all up and ship 'em out. Put razor wire around the Everglades and declare it a free-fire zone. Let 'em act out on their Tupac/Fat Joe/M.O.B. fantasies for all I care, just stay the fuck off of my little stretch of fun!

:rolleyes: you never cease to amaze me .maybe we should institute cultural cleansing.. :idea:

Guest saleen351

I HAD A INTRESTING CONVO LAST NIGHT... ONE OF THE GUYS THAT HAD "SOMETHING" TO DO WITH THIS BOARDS BELOVED SHADOW LOUNGE IS DOING A "THING" IN LAUDERADALE....

MY SUGGESTIONS ARE IN, FOR THE DJS, AND MUSIC. WE GOT THE FULL GRAND TOUR AND DETAILS...

EITHER MAZE, SPIN (OR SPUN AS I LIKE TO CALL IT), LEVEL, CROBAR ARE GONNA GO OUT OF BUSINESS. THESE GUYS EVEN LOOKED AT THE DEMOGRPAHICS AND KNOW HOME MANY PEOPLE FROM UP HERE GO DOWN HERE...

GOOD LUCK SOBE

BLING BLING, PLAYA PLAYA.....

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

GOTTA RUN, DRINKING MY GIN AND JUICE WHILE I'M ROLING DOWN THE STREET IN SOBE, SMOKEN ENDO.....

Originally posted by saleen351

EITHER MAZE, SPIN (OR SPUN AS I LIKE TO CALL IT), LEVEL, CROBAR ARE GONNA GO OUT OF BUSINESS. THESE GUYS EVEN LOOKED AT THE DEMOGRPAHICS AND KNOW HOME MANY PEOPLE FROM UP HERE GO DOWN HERE...

Well, I find it hard to believe any of those would go out of business with the exception of Maze (and that's only because it is off the beaten path so to speak) - don't get toooooo far ahead of yourself Saleen.....

Lola:D

Hitler singled people out by race, I single people out by how much they irritate me :) I'm an equal-opportunity asshole.

I said it once, I'll say it again, thug life knows no color.

You'd be the first in line thanking me if I managed to somehow kick all those dorks off the beach.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

You'd be the first in line thanking me if I managed to somehow kick all those dorks off the beach.

normaly I would be the first, but I can't take a chance of them migrating up to lauderdale. So lets keep those fools in sobe...:D

Originally posted by lolahotass

Well, I find it hard to believe any of those would go out of business with the exception of Maze (and that's only because it is off the beaten path so to speak) - don't get toooooo far ahead of yourself Saleen.....

I don’t see the possibilities of one of these clubs going out of business after WMC to far off track. With Maze and the new larger SPCACE (or what ever they call it) opening, there will be a good deal more square feet to fill in the already slow club scene. The up and coming season will keep these clubs going but if next years summer and fall are anything like this year’s I personally don’t see all these clubs making the cut.

Hitler singled people out by race, I single people out by how much they irritate me I'm an equal-opportunity asshole.

Hitler gave equal opportunities to White, German folk too!

If people have so many issues outside their home their is one simple solution to stop the bitchin:

PRIVATE PARTIES.

Peace.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by corinto

Hitler gave equal opportunities to White, German folk too!

If people have so many issues outside their home their is one simple solution to stop the bitchin:

PRIVATE PARTIES.

Peace.

ummm maybe you didn't read all these posts. Our complaints are not so much from the thugs in the clubs, they never go in or pay, its them on the street, so how is private parties gonna solve that?

please read this post over again... we still have to deal with the bling bling when we walk to drive to these "private" parties...

Guest saleen351

QUOTE]Originally posted by lolahotass

All in all, the night ROCKED!!! I realized I have really been missing out in Lauderdale. I think downtown has lots of potential and I look forward to hanging there more often...... Especially now that I know you can drink your beer on the street... Forget about it....:laugh:

Originally posted by saleen351

another cp convert!!!!!!!!!!

its over.... everyweek more and more people are comming to lauderdale. Just today, I spoke to a club owner on sobe, and he said the same thing, he sold his two clubs just recently. And he does more the rock and roll type clubs, and said "lauderdale has the crowds"

It's not that I've been converted, it's just I finally took another chance on downtown....it was soooooo lame for sooooooo long that I just had zero desire to go back. Now that GM66 showed me Side Bar and with the opening of Star Bar (can't wait to check it this weekend maybe), there is definately potential for me to hang more closer to home... And the fact you can drink on the street is awesome..... I love to people watch - so hangin' on the street (SAFELY) and havin' a brew-ha is just fine with me!!

There is some bling bling around a couple of the clubs on the Laudy strip, but nothing like SoBe....

But trust me, I will still hit up Maze, Space, and Crobar on occassion:tongue:

On occasion? How hard is it to get down here two or three times a month? :)

Anywho, here's how it all is.

Fort Lauderdale = cheap, booze-oriented crowd. Good for a few laughs, if you happen to be up that way. If I want cheap drinks, I'll go to Churchills which is a scant block from my apartment...it's all about convenience. Dance music in Fort Lauderdale is limited to Miami leftovers and jungle. Powerful promotion teams such as Bliss (which is based in Hollywood) have even tried events up there, it didn't work...there's honestly nothing that draws me up there.

Miami (including Miami Beach) = not so cheap, anything goes oriented crowd. Despite the bling-bling element, there's at least one good event per night that one can go to. Again, it's all about convenience. Dance music in Miami draws top talent on a weekly basis...

Basically it's gonna take a lot more than one club, with one good night to disrupt a much more active scene to the south. If you live up there, more power to ya...it's good for a weeknight.

Pod, you are right. First, the talent that comes into town is AMAZING! Better than any other city in the U.S. I actually feel lucky to be living in Miami... No one can deny that there's A LOT going on in this city. Things will catch up. I am sure.

With the new Vanilla Bar, Maze, Lime Bar (have you been to the DALLAS Lime BAR????? AMAZING!) Space renovation... There's a lot going on... The holidays are just around the corner. Huge dj names are coming into town. And if that weren't enough, there's WMC just a few months ahead.

:D

So.... I have no doubt that the Miami scene is still alive and kicking. Club managers are starting to realize that the crowd has options AND money. So they are either gonna have to treat their guests AS GUESTS (not only VIP's) and do the community a favor by lowering both cover charges and drink prices.

And not forget... Keep bringing in the good dj's and support the locals as well.

I was checking out the MAZE web page. On top of the big Friday/Saturday night, they are having SERVICE INDUSTRY NIGHT on Sundays... How cool is that? $3 drinks for everyone... No cover for proof of service industry job...

So far, it seems like it's gonna work out just right to me.

Sobeton,

Originally posted by sobeton

we live in a violent society,which glorifies sex and violence, and where wealth is used as leverage. this country’s history is full of acts of "taking advantage of and hurting others." then we wonder why certain members, of our society exhibit this behavior.

Yes, and an asteroid killed the dinosaurs, which enabled humans to become the dominant species on this planet. All great things come at a hefty price. The Hip hop culture is not one of these things.

Your comparison between bling bling and the birth of the greatest country in the world is a weak argument. Further, it is extremely hypocritical of you to play that card as you simultaneously reap the benefits of the atrocities committed to build this country. I speak out against thug-ism because I feel it to be wrong. If this is how you feel about the country in which you live, than I suggest you hop on a raft and shove off, lest you be labeled a hypocrite. Once I get a set of gold TEEF and start grabbing my dick every 5 seconds, I will do the same.

the elements you describe cannot only be attributed to the hip-hop culture, indeed they area part of the hip-hop culture, no one will deny that.

If SOBE were overrun with roving bands of Pilgrims looking for indians to snuff out, I would be equally as pissed off.

"Not by working hard, not by being the best at something, not by having original ideas... but by being the most violent, the most fearless and the most dishonest. The danger comes when a group of those people want it bad enough." no my friend the danger is ,when people make statements like yours, and actually believe them to be true. generalizing does not add credibility to your statements. imo it actually makes you seem rather naive.

Actually, the public school system has come up with a more politically correct term for the word "generalization." They call it "grading on a curve." I observe the actions of specific groups. If there is significantly more occurrences of one type of behavior in a specific group, than I deem that type of behavior to be "characteristic" of that group. You should try this method, unless, of course, you rather speak to every person you lay eyes on, in hopes of discovering the inner them. I realize that my method is a bit on the scientific side, and may be a little much for the inexperienced socialite to handle. But have no fear, I've come up with an easy to remember slogan that's sure to help you out..... ready?..... "If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, IT'S A FUCKING DUCK."

Get real man... generalization is necessary to live life. I wouldn't know for sure if a bum had any spare change he could give me, but I ain't wasting my fuckin' time trying to find out.

Lastly.... naive??... why?