Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pack It Up Miami/sobe, I Told You Its Ova, And It Is...

Guest saleen351

well, I must agree that alothough I have been a die hard fan of all music, hip hop crowds make me run! I hate getting pulled by the arm and held there until I tell someone my name. Men (not all) in that crowd are just brutal! Why?

Dunno, I just know that as long as So/BE and the grove are oversatutated with em, I will stay away...Plus Lauy is just a 6 dollar cab ride for me :P

I must admit some of them are hella FINE!!!!!!!

Me thinks it's the brute strength lol

...Soon to be single

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by anteye

Lastly.... naive??... why?

in your reply to my post, you will find the answer to this question. although your reply is nicely written, it is simply more politically correct rhetoric. although to the gullible it may sound impressive, to me it’s simply politically correct writing.

the bottom line is there little you can do, to control the cultural elements, which surround you. so deal with it, offer viable solutions, or better yet just get over it. :idea:

See ya on SOBE Sport !;)

Originally posted by pod

Fort Lauderdale = cheap, booze-oriented crowd.

Miami (including Miami Beach) = not so cheap, anything goes oriented crowd..

I used to only go to SoBe once every 3 months, so it's not like I'll die without it... I just dig it when a good DJ is in town (which is every weekend... unfortunately, work and cash flow...SUCK!)

Ft Laud: I love the cheap - booze oriented crowd. They're more fun... instead of the guys worrying about getting a little dirt on their dress pants or the girls breaking a nail, these folks worry about getting a plastic cup to pour their drink in so they can hit the next establishment.. PARTY ON:D

Miami/SoBe: Not cheap, anything goes? I dunno about the anything goes part but definately not cheap..... I think tooo many people hype up SoBe like it's some heavenly cool place when in reality, it's an over-priced Lauderdale with better music and lazy cops.....

Lola;)

Opening soon in Downtown Lauderdale (across the street from Rush St) - Capone's. From the people who brought you Porter House, an upscale pool hall/lounge/bar.

Sutra - its been upgraded and will reopen this weekend! A new DJ has been hired. Should be good.

Star Bar - Saleen has covered that.

Voodoo - Sucks! Cheese out of a can.

Stereo - rumor has it that improvements are on the way.

Chili Pepper - also will reopen soon.

All this is just in a two block area! Let's not forget Lust, Mercury and the soon to be new again Trio's! Lauderdale is getting ready to make a move. Saleen for mayor!

I agree she may have a rice rack

but as a girl, I will tell you that racks aren't that important in my book..

"I like good butts and I cannot lie!" LOL

with Lolas itty bitty waist and her big round thang in my face I get ...uhh...opps I got nothing to spring....lol

OH well I look forward to meeting lola this Sat :) and if you see her being shoved into a car, by a dike that bites...That's ME ...LOL

I swear I am harmless :D

Guest saleen351

well the escapade is not gonnna happen. Things didn't work out, but who cares, its not in down town lauderdale.

Best music in luaderdale is at BAR! phat tribal beats with live drums... sutra as far as i know its still sean on sat and the other guy on fridays who is pretty good.

voodoo has hot beats on saturday and there is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much ass there, sound system and dance floor needs work

and chillie pepper comes online mid dec.. I spoke to the owners...

they are gonna "do it right" and with real sound and real djs... and maybe a dj that reads this board might play;)

be on the look out for some live performances....;)

hey

guyman, fido, lola

your all :otopic:

Take that shit to the sex board you perverts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Opening soon in Downtown Lauderdale (across the street from Rush St) - Capone's. From the people who brought you Porter House, an upscale pool hall/lounge/bar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this will be where Dice Ryles used to be? That's the first I have heard of this.

Originally posted by thehog

Take that shit to the sex board you perverts

Quote:

I guess this will be where Dice Ryles used to be? That's the first I have heard of this.

Sorry about the sex talk Hog. I forgot how hard up you are.

Second, Capone's will be in that empty spot across from Rush. Dice Ryles is still in tied up in court. It seems the last owner was reluctant to pay taxes.

Jesus, is this thread still going?

Comparing Ft. Laud (where I live BTW) to Miami is like comparing Saleen to Brad Pitt. (which may account for Saleen's fondness of the place)

Now there may be a time and a place for the spring break type of atmosphere that Ft. Laud has, but if fucking some drunken tourist on vacation who "just loves that techno stuff" is not your first priority, you better look elsewhere.

Ft. Laud will never be more than a meat market first.

And damn, just look at all the vacancies at both River Walk and Beach Place. Ill bet they are both at just above 50% ocupancy.

Originally posted by guyman1966

Sorry about the sex talk Hog. I forgot how hard up you are.

Second, Capone's will be in that empty spot across from Rush. Dice Ryles is still in tied up in court. It seems the last owner was reluctant to pay taxes.

First of all im not hard up, just on the hunt.:D

I heard the guy that owned Dice Ryles was moving alot of coke?

Originally posted by shroomy

Ft. Laud has, but if fucking some drunken tourist on vacation who "just loves that techno stuff" is not your first priority, you better look elsewhere.

I agree that much of the Lauderdale scene is drinking. But, there is a small underground music movement that seems to be growing. Take Mrs. Guyman and myself. We started @ Play/Stereo with DJ Garfield. As our musical appreciation grew, so did our demands and we began our adventure down to SoBe. All Lauderdale needs to do is improve the venues (which they are!) and bring in some talent (which they will). I hope Lauderdale is always the home of the Drunk Tourists. I prefer them to the hip-hopper-thugs on SoBe.

Now Shroomy, will you be open-minded enough to make the pilgrimage one Saturday night just to check it out? Or, are you gonna sit back and throw darts without first hand knowledge? Mrs. Guyman and I are really one of the few on these boards who can make any comparisons. Why not just check it out? At least after you checked it out, if your still a hater its justified.

btw... I had dinner @ Riverwalk last night and only noticed one vacancy. I never go to Beach Place.

Where to begin:

Hog -----> :finger: :finger:

Fido -----> see ya Saturday:moon:

Sobeton ---> I'm missing Picotto because I will be in Tampa:( I will miss you much.............so dance your ass off for me;)

There is no right or wrong answer for comparing Ft. Lauderdale to SoBe. Both cities have their uniqueness and both cities offer something to each person individually. For example, Ft. Laudy offers cheap cover, cheap drinks, closeness to home, and a beer-drinkin'-oriented fun time. SoBe on the other hand, offers some of the best fukken dj's in the world, the be-seen-crowd/attitude (which doesn't bother me), and generally a few e-tards for my amusement.

So I'm not knockin' either town - they both are great in my opinion. I will still go to SoBe/Miami for my DJ fix; however, I have also realized that Ft. Laudy has changed for the better in the past couple years, and I look forward hangin' there more often:D

Lola:tongue:

P.S. --------> SALEEN - I think I have another girlie friend from work coming with us this weekend too. So now I have my 2 pigeon requirement for you, Hog, and JewBoy to fight ova:eek:

Originally posted by lolahotass

Where to begin:

Fido -----> see ya Saturday:moon:

Lola:tongue:

P.S. --------> SALEEN - I think I have another girlie friend from work coming with us this weekend too. So now I have my 2 pigeon requirement for you, Hog, and JewBoy to fight ova:eek:

\

I prefer to be called perdue's Finest THANK YOU !!!!!

Okay yes it was off topic, but hell, we all need a little spice from time to time

I was sitting here almost about ready to snooze!!!! LOL

Oh well soooo Sowwwwy

Hey LOLA

I hope you aint gonna throw me to the Dawgs on Sat...

:tongue:

Originally posted by sobeton

in your reply to my post, you will find the answer to this question. although your reply is nicely written, it is simply more politically correct rhetoric. although to the gullible it may sound impressive, to me it’s simply politically correct writing.

the bottom line is there little you can do, to control the cultural elements, which surround you. so deal with it, offer viable solutions, or better yet just get over it. :idea:

See ya on SOBE Sport !;)

Make a point!

If you insist on challenging my opinion, please... make it a challenge. Tell me what, exactly, it is I am saying that you don't agree with. Don't just reply with... "That's the way it is, live with it." If my point of view is as utterly transparent to you as you portray it to be, than it should be simple for you to dissect it. Shoot it down.

If you feel my writing skills to be so confusing to "gullible" readers that it causes them to fall to the ground in convulsions, let me know. I'll leav.. out ..ome word.. here ... there to compensate.

The irony of the interaction between you and I is that you feel I should accept the world around me and "get over it," yet, YOU initiated our little debate. Doesn't this mean that you, yourself are failing to accept the world (and people) that surround you?

I'M RIGHT. YOU'RE WRONG.

(ok folks.. place your bets... will he "get over it" and leave me alone? Or will he post YET ANOTHER cryptic reply?)

Guest saleen351

does anyone really think Maze is gonna save south beach? Do u think its gonna have all the ghettos thugs deported back to miami? nothing is going change... open up a club in a shitty economy, and shitty city, good move maze...:rolleyes:

SOME ONE IS GOING CHAPTER 11 BY THE SUMMER... YOU CAN BANK ON THAT.......

Originally posted by anteye

Make a point!

If you insist on challenging my opinion, please... make it a challenge. Tell me what, exactly, it is I am saying that you don't agree with. Don't just reply with... "That's the way it is, live with it." If my point of view is as utterly transparent to you as you portray it to be, than it should be simple for you to dissect it. Shoot it down.

If you feel my writing skills to be so confusing to "gullible" readers that it causes them to fall to the ground in convulsions, let me know. I'll leav.. out ..ome word.. here ... there to compensate.

The irony of the interaction between you and I is that you feel I should accept the world around me and "get over it," yet, YOU initiated our little debate. Doesn't this mean that you, yourself are failing to accept the world (and people) that surround you?

I'M RIGHT. YOU'RE WRONG.

(ok folks.. place your bets... will he "get over it" and leave me alone? Or will he post YET ANOTHER cryptic reply?)

:zzz: :zzz: can we get back to the intriguing discussion about lola ‘s lovely ass, and fabulous rack!:cool:

Maze isn't out to save South Beach, I've had discussions with their managment, they're out to provide something different for the clubbing masses. Basically, Fridays seem to be wide open, with Saturday's circuit party carrying the club financially. Saleen, in all honesty, this may be your chance to bring some of your friends down...show us what they can do!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Maze isn't out to save South Beach, I've had discussions with their managment, they're out to provide something different for the clubbing masses. Basically, Fridays seem to be wide open, with Saturday's circuit party carrying the club financially. Saleen, in all honesty, this may be your chance to bring some of your friends down...show us what they can do!

2 STEPS A HEAD OF YOU POD:D

THE WHEELS ARE IN MOTION, BUT I'M NOT SPEAKING OF MY DJS OR MY BUSINESS , JUST CLUBS ARE LOOKING MORE TO AMERICA FOR GREAT CHEAPER TALENT... AND GUESS WHAT? THEY ARE FINDING IT.... SO YEA, AFTER THE NEW YEAR IS WHEN SALEEN INC. SHOULD BRING IN SOME TALENT. ITS ALL SPECULATION AND JUST BS UNTIL I DO IT. I CAN TELL YOU FOCKERS, BUT I'D LIKE TO SHOW YOU... IT WILL GET DONE AND CP WILL BE FULLY COMPED. I'VE GOTTEN TENATIVE OKS FROM 2 CLUB SITES, THAT THEY WOULD "HELP" ME IN SOME WAY. BUT WITH MY NEW JOB (YES THE SALEEN WENT BACK TO WORK AFTER A YEAR VACATION) AND THE HOLIDAYS AND WITH LAUDERDALE JUST "FINDING" THEM SELVES THINGS ARE BEGINING TO MOVE... I KNOW WHAT MY GUYS CAN DO, AND TRUST ME FROM A MIXING STAND POINT, NONE DOWN HERE EXCEPT MAYBE STRYKE CAN RUN WITH THEM. I MAY JUST TRY AND PULL OFF THE RETRO NIGHT THING SOMEWHERE. WHO KNOWS... THERE IS A HUGE OPPURTUNITY FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT DOWN HERE.. MAYBE I'M WRONG, MAYBE I'M RIGHT, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THE STATUS QUO AIN'T WORKING... YOU GOTTA GIVE IT UP TO GUYS LIKE MATT AND GREG AND MY MAN BUGALOO, THEY HAD THE BALLS AND TRIED TO PULL IT OFF. THEY FAILED, BUT LIKE DANIEL SNIDER I'M SURE THEY'LL BE BACK...

DANIEL SNIDER IS THE OWNER OF THE REDSKINS. READ UP ON HIM AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN..