Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who would win in a fight?

Who win in a fight ?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who win in a fight ?

• Gandalf the White
    • YODA

Im gonna go against the mold and say Gandalf the Wiz ;)

His type of magic wasn't just any type. He could control weather, and influence people's decisions by just looking at them :eek:

Actually, for those who have read Lord of the Rings the Novel (not the film), that dude Bombadil was THE most powerful oracle i have EVER heard ;)

~scifismurf :tongue:

obviously you people never read the lord of the rings The hobbit or the sillmarilion...

The only time tom bombaldil is mentioned in the books is when he saves Bilbo and Samwise from the entwives and the Barrow wights I belive ( been seven years since I read them)

There is also the adventures of tom bombadil which is awesome..

to make a long story short the Fellowship of the ring is basically set up as the new testament of the Bible where gandalf is jesus

and frodo and the others are representative of mankind..

just to show you what I mean remember when Saruman ( the devil incarnite) Tempts gandalf to join him and look into the orb and then imprisions him in the top of the white tower.. is much like the temptation of christ by the devil to jump off the cliff ..

gandalfs fight with the balrog which I wont get into since it's much more invovled than you think is much like jesus's death and resurection for the sake of the fellowship i.e. Mankind..

so to sum it up the silmarillion is likened to the Pentatuch (first 5 books of the bible)

the fellowship and the hobibit is like the new testament

The history of middle earth one and two and the adventure's of tom bombadil are like the middle books ( the books included in the old testament but not included in the Torah)

so I would definately have to say Gandalf would kick Yoda's Ass seeing as he came back from death and all..

Originally posted by siceone

so I would definately have to say Gandalf would kick Yoda's Ass seeing as he came back from death and all..

yeahbut i can't remember gandalf winning any big duels. i mean, it is definitely good for him that he came back from the dead and all but that didn't really help with the ass-kicking. i still think yoda would win.

Originally posted by hotcheme

yeahbut i can't remember gandalf winning any big duels. i mean, it is definitely good for him that he came back from the dead and all but that didn't really help with the ass-kicking. i still think yoda would win.

Gandalf Vs. The Balrog HELLO@!!

Gandalf Vs. Saruman

GANDALF VS. Legions upon LEGIONS or Urikaih At HELLS DEEP

just to name the few I remember

oh and Yoda hasn't won any battles if you remember he actually LOST against Darth Tyranuss since he got away..

Gandalf Vs. The Balrog HELLO@!!

Gandalf Vs. Saruman

GANDALF VS. Legions upon LEGIONS or Urikaih At HELLS DEEP

just to name the few I remember

oh and Yoda hasn't won any battles if you remember he actually LOST against Darth Tyranuss since he got away..

k true - i forgot that yoda lost.

but gandalf didn't win against the balrog - he died!

and he lost against saruman too! he jumped off the tower to get away - how is that winning.

hell's deep - i don't remember the details of that.

Yoda would completely kick his ass. End of story. He has the power to crush his enemies' throat with no effort whatsoever. (as seen with Darth Vader.)

He can fight while using the force to hurl lethal distracting objects at his opponent. (Cloud City, The Empire Strikes back)

and most of all... yoda's wisdom is unrivaled. He's lived for hundreds and hundreds of years, TRAINING the BEST Jedi.

dont even argue. everyone knows Yoda would find a chink in gandalf's armor. that's what Jedi are best at. even if Gandalf were to slay Yoda, he would only hasten his own demise. By striking down a jedi, you commit them to become part of the force, thus giving the Jedi who follows a greater power to draw from. There would be no way Gandalf can reverse that equation.

His own power would eventually be his demise.

Originally posted by hotcheme

k true - i forgot that yoda lost.

but gandalf didn't win against the balrog - he died!

and he lost against saruman too! he jumped off the tower to get away - how is that winning.

hell's deep - i don't remember the details of that.

He didn't Die you just didn't read two towers

hells deep happens in return of the king...

thats why the question was would gandalf the white win against yoda

hey beats saruman in the two towers as well

and in return of the king I think not to sure

Gandlaf the GRey probably wouldn't but white he surely would

He didn't Die you just didn't read two towers

hells deep happens in return of the king...

thats why the question was would gandalf the white win against yoda

hey beats saruman in the two towers as well

and in return of the king I think not to sure

Gandlaf the GRey probably wouldn't but white he surely would

oh ok. i jsut noticed that it says Gandalf the White. I think i still say Yoda though. Just cause I never saw gandalf with hand to hand combat.

And yes, I did read the whole trilogy - it took me a while so I forgot some details. I remember Hell's deep but I forgot what role gandalf had played in winning the battle.

and he didn't beat saruman in return of the king - or if he did he was already reduced to an insignificant enemy by then.

Originally posted by ou812

This is very interesting banter, it's funny watching you people analyze this..................

....................on a side note, if anyone is interested in what the plot of "Star Wars 3: Fall of the Republic" is gonna be, here it is,

http://www.sugarbombs.com/starwars3/section9a.htm

what else do we have to do on a rainy tuesday ;) just trying to keep our lives colorful.

thanks for the plot summary :-D i'm going to make bets with people now that i am omniscient ;)

So much misinformation here regarding Gandalf

As gandalf the grey

- Saruman bests him

- he defeats but doesn't kill the balrog which then falls into the chasm...gandalf gets pulled in after him.

- later he kills the balrog and throws him down the mountain side BEFORE he becomes the white.

As the white

- saruman is much reduced and they have a contest of wills, not a battle.

- at helps deep he doesn't really fight - he gathers up and army and brings them to the other's aid

In fact, he never actually fights against anyone from that piont on he simply advices and sorta coerces people (which is all he's supposed to do)

btw Carl - JRR on several occasions denied that there was any connection to the Bible or to WWII in his books.

(I actually got to study this shit in school for a while)

As for who would win - in a sword fight Yoda. But in terms of a battle of wills i think gandalf. Yoda actually underestimates his openents time and time again...

-

Without a doubt Gandalf would step on yoda like a little green grape. Gandalf has crazy magic powers that would wreck the force. Gandalf does not fight because he chooses not to, not because he can't. The whole matter of the ring has to be solved by the races of middleearth not him because he knows that when he passes away there will be no one to save earth so they must be prepared. Kinda like how Goku didn't try to kill Majiin Buu in Dragon Ball z for those of you who watch it. The best fighters don't always fight because they know future generations must be trained. Gandalf did not kill the Balrog but he stopped it on the bridge, but you must understand how powerful the Balrog is. Its a demon from a whole other age thats not middle earth, i guess it would be older earth or whatever. I think yoda would have trouble fighting a Balrog. He couldn't run from it or fight it with his lightsaber. If it was a swordfight yoda would win but gandalf is too smart for that. Yoda is mad powerful cuz hes crazy old and had 900 years to get his powers, Gandalf is not 900 years old but is still powerful. I don't think yoda would crush gandalfs throat, i think there both honorable enough to fight a pretty fare fight. And after Gandalf wrecks yoda hell smoke a pipe with some hydro. yeah boy!

heres a good question, who would win in a three way grudge match between yoda, a hobbit, and the midget from jackass. oh and every five minutes a new fighter from bumfights enters the fight. i think id bet my money on yoda for this one.

Originally posted by barvybe

So much misinformation here regarding Gandalf

As gandalf the grey

- Saruman bests him

- he defeats but doesn't kill the balrog which then falls into the chasm...gandalf gets pulled in after him.

- later he kills the balrog and throws him down the mountain side BEFORE he becomes the white.

As the white

- saruman is much reduced and they have a contest of wills, not a battle.

- at helps deep he doesn't really fight - he gathers up and army and brings them to the other's aid

In fact, he never actually fights against anyone from that piont on he simply advices and sorta coerces people (which is all he's supposed to do)

btw Carl - JRR on several occasions denied that there was any connection to the Bible or to WWII in his books.

(I actually got to study this shit in school for a while)

As for who would win - in a sword fight Yoda. But in terms of a battle of wills i think gandalf. Yoda actually underestimates his openents time and time again...

-

he may have denied it but there are some clear parallels there

Big brother

as a side note,

Goku DID come back and fight Majin-Buu. Gohan was absorbed, and Goku was forced to fuse with Vegeta. In the end it is Goku who hurls the Genki Dama at Majin Buu to destroy him.

sometimes when you want the job done, you just have to do it yourself.