Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weyes' wisdom of the day - 11/12

weyes

when someone is late, give him/her the benefit of the doubt and don't assume that's he/she's just being flaky or irresponsible. any of a number of unforeseen problems could've come up beyond that person's control, i.e. car breaking down, getting attacked by zombies, etc. it is best not to take it as rude or disrespectful when it might not be (and often isn't :) ).

tune in tomorrow.

Originally posted by weyes

when someone is late, give him/her the benefit of the doubt and don't assume that's he/she's just being flaky or irresponsible. any of a number of unforeseen problems could've come up beyond that person's control, i.e. car breaking down, getting attacked by zombies, etc. it is best not to take it as rude or disrespectful when it might not be (and often isn't :) ).

tune in tomorrow.

Zombies :worry::shake:

But im usually always on time. Friggin...when i would meet smurfette at Grand Central station, she would almost ALWAYS miss the train she planned for, and take the next one. It got me so :frust:

Then one time i was late by about 10 minutes since the subway i had to take took forever, and she made a big stink about it. I forgot to defend myself by mentioning all the times she was late, but now i think i will if it happens again ;)

I'll grant you that... I guess my issue is when people are chronically late and then they say "oh, well, traffic."

Really? Traffic in LA? What a surprise! Maybe at some point you should start to figure that in to your driving time...

Just a wee rant...

As an aside, it is true that others behavior flaws are always ascribed to an inward component, i.e., THEY are rude, an ass, etc, while your own shortcomings are usually due to external components, i.e. someone else did something to get you into a bad mood and that is why you acted that way-

Originally posted by sebastianxy

I'll grant you that... I guess my issue is when people are chronically late and then they say "oh, well, traffic."

Really? Traffic in LA? What a surprise! Maybe at some point you should start to figure that in to your driving time...

Just a wee rant...

i'm so with you on that!!! just about every day, i'm five minutes late to work because of something unpredictable that delayed me by about that much. but the five-minute delay is predictable by now doh.gif ...

As an aside, it is true that others behavior flaws are always ascribed to an inward component, i.e., THEY are rude, an ass, etc, while your own shortcomings are usually due to external components, i.e. someone else did something to get you into a bad mood and that is why you acted that way-
well-said and entirely so :aright: .