Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SATINE at the Diplomat??

macboy

OK. I have been there many, many times. And, I must start off by saying I DON’T LIKE IT. I keep going for 3 reasons, (1) My friend owns a condo right next door and its just 2 easy not to go. (2) It is a total scene. It’s filled with people and is the only true “spot” on Thursday nights. (3) Its not a far ride to Scarlott’s.

Now, my review. The music changes often. Not only weekly, but moment to moment. They once played J-Lo, Donna Summer, club music, Joan Jett all in one set. It is definitely NOT CLUB music. Its more like a lounge/Juke Box mix where people dance. Sometimes the DJ’s have the volume all messed up and it gets way 2 loud. My group likes loud music and even they have had to seek out a location that was not blaring. It’s an older crowd w/ money. Class nerds who made some money and now think they are cool hang with 50 year old men and their 28 year old dates. Also, 40-year-old housewife’s dress like sluts to get attention hang with the 28 year olds who are there to have a good time. To be fair, there are also some good cool folks hanging out. Drinks are expensive. That will not be a big shock to the folks from SoBe, but the Lauderdale crowed is always surprised.

There are four areas to hang. First, the lobby. For some reason, people who want to avoid the noise and crowd just sit in the lobby. It’s a good people watching spot. Then there is the lobby bar, where there is more action than the lobby and a bit more quiet than the main room. Also, people who sit in the lobby can buy beverages there. The Main Room is the spot. Get there early to avoid paying the $20 cover. After a certain point, they rope it off and charge to get in. This is the spot where all the action takes place. They have dancers and such. It does get loud depending on where you position yourself. The last spot, especially now that the weather is getting nice at night, is the pool area. Nice bar, people hanging, good place to chat.

Atmosphere: B+

Music: C

People: C+

# of People A+

OVERALL B

Well I finally went to the Diplomat for the first time last night on a recommendation from a girl from the gym.

I have to agree with guyman on serveral things.

1. The drinks are more expensive than Space. Long Islands, are like $12

2. Alot of dirty old men with money trying to hook with younger girls, and moms dressed like sluts looking for young meat.

The music was good last night except for the 30 minutes of hip hop thrown in the mix.

I will say this, the chick that was djing was pretty hot and she had tig ol bitties. I will check it out again but it will not be a weekly event for me.