Clubplanet Nightlife Community

*new Sunday Afternoon Party*asbury Park, Nj*

djaqua

**new club**new community**new jersey**sundays**

SUNDAY RINSE IN ASBURY PARK!

It's not just a party, but the start of a community. It's a place where fellow music lovers from all over can converge every Sunday to share in the music and the vibe. All at a reasonable Sunday hour, too: starting at approx 5pm and going 'till midnight. Live performances, live percussion, art exhibits, and don't forget GREAT food & drinks!

The owners of Rebar (Miami & NYC) and Suite 16 (NYC) are opening a big new space in the rebounding Asbury Park, and it is a beautiful & unique spot. The club was built around its spacious dance floor and 40,000 watt soundsystem. The architecture inside is of exposed wood beams, brick walls & really high ceilings, giving the space a sanctuary-like feeling.

The mission is to bring exactly what the name implies: a place to 'rinse' yourself off of the weekend and dance in a new week. The music will be deep and soulful, ranging from disco to house and anywhere in between. Come in your Adidas gear and get down, or wear your favorite Prada. Jeans & a t-shirt? Right on! It doesn't matter what you wear, it's where you're at.

Music: deep house and underground disco over a brand new 40,000 watt soundsystem (includes 2 out of 6 subwoofers IN THE FLOOR [yes, you can stand on them])

DJs: Resident DJ Aqua (current resident @ MIX in Long Branch, formerly of Centro-Fly NYC, Astor Lounge NYC and Downtown Café, Red Bank) plus high-profile guests from NYC and abroad mixing the most soulful tracks in existence.

For a semi-full scoop on the DJ, check out djaqua.djcentral.com

Cover: TBD (less than $10)

Venue: A brand new one (stay tuned)

Target start date: December 15

Ages: 21+

A short ride from NYC & Philly. 300 yards from the Asbury Park train station.

Want to be a part of it?

Contact Adam: avivacreative@hotmail.com

This event should be free to get in. It's Asbury Park for christ sake. :rolleyes: I've seen the place you are talking about, and it ain't bad. However you should have gotten a better DJ as the resident. Tons of talent in NJ, and although Aqua may not be bad, their are better DJs around that would pull in a bigger following to maybe make this party last. Don't jump down my throat please, its just $.02 from someone that knows NJ a little bit.

I've heard DJAqua many of times at other places and if you wanted different - HE DEF. IS THE MAN- GREAT MUSIC THAT YOU'VE NEVER HEARD BEFORE BUT MAKES YOU JUST WANNA MOVE YOUR ASS ALL NITE. PLUS HES A GREAT PERSON - VERY DOWN TO EARTH..

MUCH LUCK AND LOVE AQUA!!

LOVE

ZEE

Originally posted by latinaz

I've heard DJAqua many of times at other places and if you wanted different - HE DEF. IS THE MAN- GREAT MUSIC THAT YOU'VE NEVER HEARD BEFORE BUT MAKES YOU JUST WANNA MOVE YOUR ASS ALL NITE. PLUS HES A GREAT PERSON - VERY DOWN TO EARTH..

MUCH LUCK AND LOVE AQUA!!

LOVE

ZEE

Like I said he ain't bad, I actually like his style. Yet most of the people would not care for it. The party will probably have a tough time taking off..people rather here a better known name ya know. Good luck tho.

yeah I know everyone goes for the "name" thing but isnt everyone complaining that they hear the same thing????? So maybe people are willing to give him a try - he packs it up at the other places - people who have heard him keep coming back for more - I know I do..

but then again - thats just my opinion. :hat:

BMW4JAY-

thanks for the feedback. however, i'm not quite sure you understand what the mission is here. it's to bring new sounds to people, not play the same old KTU playlist. it's not going to be a progressive house event. what deejays in nj do you know that play deep soulful house & disco that can draw a crowd? i'd like to talk to them! no offense, but if your 'musical sanctuary' is the soundfactory, then we're definitely not on the same page. i used to play there. cleveland (basement) was definitely a big influence on me and remains a good friend. but that scene is dirty & stale.

again, i thank you for your feedback.

it's all about breaking new ground.

peace out.

dj aqua

Originally posted by djaqua

BMW4JAY-

thanks for the feedback. however, i'm not quite sure you understand what the mission is here. it's to bring new sounds to people, not play the same old KTU playlist. it's not going to be a progressive house event. what deejays in nj do you know that play deep soulful house & disco that can draw a crowd? i'd like to talk to them! no offense, but if your 'musical sanctuary' is the soundfactory, then we're definitely not on the same page. i used to play there. cleveland (basement) was definitely a big influence on me and remains a good friend. but that scene is dirty & stale.

again, i thank you for your feedback.

it's all about breaking new ground.

peace out.

dj aqua

i don't see how the scene is dirty and stale i would like to know what u mean by that

Originally posted by ou812

Haven't they leveled Asbury Park and turned it into a military base or something yet.

hey hey OU812 - EASY WITH THAT - THATS MY OLD TOWN!!

Actually they are building that place up little by little

Is it amazing if the place just opened up people wont go to or they need a PROMOTER to hold their hands...:confused:

OK CHILDREN....CANT MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND?

:rolleyes:

first off: i've been to the soundfactory more times than i could ever begin to count, BUT:

the soundfactory is dirty because: people go there for no other reason (usually) than to get fucked up out of their minds.

the soundfactory is stale because: it's been the same dirty thing for at least the past 4 years. the crowd used to be beautiful and freindly. now it's ugly, barely 21 and clueless.

but that's just my opinion. long story short: i'm too old for a scene like that and am looking to create a party of STYLE and SUBSTANCE for like-minded people.

hope i didn't piss off too many 'factory heads'.

peace.

first off: i've been to the soundfactory more times than i could ever begin to count, BUT:

the soundfactory is dirty because: people go there for no other reason (usually) than to get fucked up out of their minds.

the soundfactory is stale because: it's been the same dirty thing for at least the past 4 years. the crowd used to be beautiful and freindly. now it's ugly, barely 21 and clueless.

but that's just my opinion. long story short: i'm too old for a scene like that and am looking to create a party of STYLE and SUBSTANCE for like-minded people.

hope i didn't piss off too many 'factory heads'.

peace.

i truely doubt u pissed anyone off the comment was a bit unprofessional for someone who is trying to build a party should never put another party down becouse in reality the factory will be there till it gets shut down your party might be good fora few weeks and than it will die if it even does good for a few weeks find a good location and get a dj that people heard of

ok, i digress. maybe my comments were a bit harsh, but that's what forums are all about.

and until we all open up our minds to try new things, we'll be stuck in the same old scenes and mind-sets. we're not sheep, we're supposed to be the free thinkers of the underground. let's act accordingly and SUPPORT the scene, not slander it before it has a chance to start.

ok, i digress. maybe my comments were a bit harsh, but that's what forums are all about.

and until we all open up our minds to try new things, we'll be stuck in the same old scenes and mind-sets. we're not sheep, we're supposed to be the free thinkers of the underground. let's act accordingly and SUPPORT the scene, not slander it before it has a chance to start.

it looks to me from reading it that the few people that posted slandered the area asbury park is not a nice area

Originally posted by trewguy

it looks to me from reading it that the few people that posted slandered the area asbury park is not a nice area

Well TREWGUY speaking from experience

I used to live in the area - it wasnt good then ....HOWEVER...

IT IS GETTING BETTER - THEY ARE BUILDING MORE BARS/CLUBS AND BELIEVE ME....THEY PACK IT UP BECAUS YOU GET THE NEW YORK MUSIC WITHOUT GOING TOO FAR....

believe me - DJ Aqua - (even though he isnt say Hi to me ) is quite good... ahem :no:

Im actually gonna try to get him up to Cherri in W. Orange....!!

IF HE SAYS HELLO TO ME THAT IS!!

so when was the last time anyone was actually IN asbury? d you think the owners of some of the most successful clubs in Miami & NYC would waste their time on this project it it were not guaranteed to do wel? again, people, open your minds and try something new. you might just surprise yourselves!

Originally posted by latinaz

hey hey OU812 - EASY WITH THAT - THATS MY OLD TOWN!!

Actually they are building that place up little by little

Is it amazing if the place just opened up people wont go to or they need a PROMOTER to hold their hands...:confused:

OK CHILDREN....CANT MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND?

:rolleyes:

:( :( Sorry Zee..............I didn't mean to rag on your old stomping grounds.

I had fun in Asbury Park on 2 distinct ocassions. Going to see the Ramones and Misfits at that hole in the wall Stone Pony.

Hmmmmmmmm.........................could you imagine if they bulldozed the entire city of Abury Park and rebuilt it from the ground up with a SoBe-esque motiff. That would be something impressive.

Originally posted by ou812

:( :( Sorry Zee..............I didn't mean to rag on your old stomping grounds.

I had fun in Asbury Park on 2 distinct ocassions. Going to see the Ramones and Misfits at that hole in the wall Stone Pony.

Hmmmmmmmm.........................could you imagine if they bulldozed the entire city of Abury Park and rebuilt it from the ground up with a SoBe-esque motiff. That would be something impressive.

THATS WHAT THEY ARE STARTING TO DO!!

so when was the last time anyone was actually IN asbury? d you think the owners of some of the most successful clubs in Miami & NYC would waste their time on this project it it were not guaranteed to do wel? again, people, open your minds and try something new. you might just surprise yourselves!

I actually go to school 5 minutes from Asbury, and I know exactly the place you are talking about. However the fact remains that this is still Asbury Park, and the area has a lot of work to do before they can expect to see a crowd come in.

I'm suprised at your comment about Soundfactory. Although I may be partial to it, I still know my fair share about all types of music. Ask anyone who knows me. I find it hard to believe that someone who claims to be a DJ, can rag on the longest running Saturday night party in the city. :rolleyes: The place may not be what it was, but you'd be quite foolish to even begin to think that your party would ever, ever compare.

first off:

Not everyone goes for that reason. Drugs are in every club in the city. That argument is weak. And I assure you they are in Asbury Park. :laugh:

Originally posted by bmw4jay

Not everyone goes for that reason. Drugs are in every club in the city. That argument is weak. And I assure you they are in Asbury Park. :laugh:

this guy has real bad buissness tactics

lets put the best party down and try to draw a drug free crowd at my party

why don't ya bust out your rap records and spin rap u will draw a bigger crowd than if u spin what ever u spin

why don't ya bust out your rap records and spin rap u will draw a bigger crowd than if u spin what ever u spin

True. . .

so then just go to CLUB CHERRI

$2 drinks all nite

no cover charge

AND ILL BE BARTENDING THERE...who knows - afterhours they have a huge indoor pool......what fun we could all have in that!!

The two of you need to shut the fuck up. The poor guy was just trying to get the word out about something he was working on and you immediately put him down, put the area down. So he got defensive, big deal, he's human isn't he???? Assholes.

Originally posted by Kermzy

The two of you need to shut the fuck up. The poor guy was just trying to get the word out about something he was working on and you immediately put him down, put the area down. So he got defensive, big deal, he's human isn't he???? Assholes.

you know I love you both BMW AND TREW GUY - but would it help if I promised to go and you guys can come to my place and I'll drive???? I really do enjoy his music ....but if not..

CLUB CHERRI

CLUB CHERRI

CLUB CHERRI THIS SATURDAY NITE!!!

does that make me bad??? :love: