Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Newport/Providence Clubs

billygoat

DJ mike whalen spins at a club called Pulse in providence on sunday mornings from 6 til noon. he is a very good house/trance DJ. despite what some promoters might say, pulse on sunday is undoubtedly best legit/public afterhours party in in new england.

normally pulse is a gay club. jonathan peters sometimes spins there on fridays but the place is small, so ive heard it gets too crowded.

most of the clubs in providence are grouped together in one physical location downtown. club Metropolis is trying to be the dominant house music club in town and i guess it is. unfortuntely, it is very mainstream.

next door, Club Hell is pretty cool, if for nothing but its hot name. it used to be almost exclusively a goth/industrial club, but, like so many other places, many nights in Hell now feature house music.

the clubs in providence are good for you bc they are local. sometimes, however, you will simply have to drive to boston, or better yet, NYC, to do some real clubbing.

providence also is good (but not great) for rock & roll. they sometimes get national rock bands in places like the living room (is that still open ?!?) and the civic center. if you like deadhead music, theres also a local providence band, max creek, thats been jamming there for around 20 years.

in newport, its beaches and bars. the restraunts are good too. clubs? none that ive ever been to, but i like cape cod better than newport beach anyway (although the cape has zero clubs as well).

have fun. and if you ever want to throw a mad bash at your new house, give sirdante a shout!

------------------

i love music!

The strand is reopening in 2 weeks as a club as well. I loved that place...what a nice venue! But Hell on Sat nites is great. Also Metropolis has some good parties on saturdays. In Newport you can try Pellham, and there is a place upstairs with techno and hip hop called the Club. (original, huh?) It gets packed but it's walkable from my friend's place and we can give ourselves permission to get wasted and walk home! Have fun! pm me if you need more info on Prov or newport.

------------------

"You look Disco-Bitchin Fine!!"

Thank you both for the info!!! Looks like most nights I'll be heading up to Providence to get in my requisite clubbing.

I'll be up to Newport every weekend starting June 2nd, so if you are ever up for a meet up just send me a PM.

Thanks again!!!!

Yeah, I guess you already got filled in about CLUB in Newport. There's also a little place called The Craze just down the street from The Phelam and CLUB. It's a cool little joint if you want to stay in Newport @ night, what you'll hear is pretty much 98' anthems. Anyway be prepared for the masses of meatheads (musclebound/drunk/weekendwarriors).

Have fun.

ps. surf breakers for me I miss it out here in the land of flat cwm1.gif

------------------

wombat3.gif

Archived