Clubplanet Nightlife Community

East Coast Boogiemen @ honey 11/21 MEETUP review!!!

weyes

well, i got to meet sebastianxy and he got to meet me, so it's technically a meetup, even though only 2 cpers were involved. he brought some friends along too, so maybe that makes it more of a meetup... dunno.

lovely fellow, sebastianxy! we discussed the experiences of finally putting a face (when posted) and of putting an entire body (after meeting) to a board personality. and it turned out that, when we both lived in new york, we lived two blocks away from each other. we had a very easygoing evening and gave the dancefloor a beating. and a :aright: to his cohorts :) .

i haven't developed my pictures yet, but probably won't be posting many, out of respect for those who don't like their picture taken :( :( :( ...even though photography is my passion and livelihood :nopity: . still, i hope i got some good ones for posterity :D . we both busted some vintage moves, he from the 70s and i from the 90s.

the east coast boogiemen weren't nearly as stomp-your-feet-and-make-weyes-dance-like-a-complete-asshole-funky as they've been the other 3 times i've seen them. they had their moments, but not many of those that would particularly drive someone to get up outta his/her seat. and i said to myself, before they even went on, that if they spun "me, myself, and i," i would be very miffed. needless to say, i got miffed. sampling and playing that song are both so tired... still, i danced my ass off consistently, and was wet-sweaty by the end of the night. there's nothing quite like sticking to nylon pants :hey: .

i got around 4 hours of sleep and was in total s-l-o-w - m-o today. but the good thing about that is that the day moves faster :idea: .

ok - we still need that sunday night meetup, everyone! so far, of the l.a. cpers, i've met, in chronological order:

trancekyd

herbalist

dlish

msbobois

lostin310

gemerald

sebastianxy

and most of those peeps aren't active posters. that's not a board to be reckoned with, y'all. let's represent!!! (besides, we're all cool people, for the most part ;) .)

it might be time for another nap...

Just wanted to say it was great to meet up with you Weyes and, as you said, put a face to the name... We all had a great time, and never having heard ECB before, didn't have the expectations you did. Leave it to say that the tunes grooved enough to keep our rumps shakin', and I always have a good time at Honey, positive vibe and all...

So the rest of youse gotta make yo badass selves be known, a'ight?? :direct: