Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Digweed Cancelled......

Digweed and the bad news

As I'm sure many (but not all) of you have heard, John will not be making to Philly for the Sunday night gig @ Fluid.

He can't get on a plane, the train is a day and a half and a car ride would be 19 hours.

There WILL be a makeup date, which the promoters haven't sorted out yet, but it will definitely happen.

If you're holding a ticket you can take it down to Fluid and get a full refund, HOWEVER, that ticket can be kept and will be good for the makeup gig.

They're going to be doing "Fast, Cheap And Out Of Control" on Sunday after all.

I'm including a letter that John wrote to Josh the promoter in regards to other missed gigs. It explains exactly what is going on.

Sorry it's not happening tomorrow, but it WILL happen.

----------------

I would like to take this opportunity to let everyone know what has happened this week...

I flew out to Vancouver on Monday really looking forward to some great gigs - felt just fine when I left England. I must have picked up a virus/ head cold on the plane, because by Tuesday I felt like absolute #$%! - went to the doctors to get some medication in hopes of clearing my sinus congestion. Played a great gig at the Plaza that evening - even though I wasn`t 100% the crowd were really great and lifted my spirits. Went back to the doctor on Wednesday and didn't receive the 'all clear to fly' I was hoping to... My head was still very congested and I was told by the doctor not to fly to Calgary.

I am really very sorry to everyone who went to see me in Calgary, but it is really dangerous for your ears to fly with a head cold and I didn`t want to risk long-term damage being done to my ears. We are working with the promoters to arrange a make-up-date after the new year.

Part two

As I spent my days in Vancouver resting and taking medication so I would be fit for tonight's gig in Cleveland, my nasal congestion seemed to have cleared considerably. So not wishing to let the people of Cleveland down, I boarded the plane to Cleveland via Minneapolis. Everything seemed fine until the decent - when it suddenly felt like 2 hot pokers being shoved in my ears. There was absolutely no way I could get on my connecting flight to Cleveland.

So now my ears finally feel like I've landed (several hours after i actually have) but I am yet again sitting in a hotel room, pissed off that I cannot play for you tonight. I have heard loads of great reports about Moda and was really looking forward to tonight's gig. All I can say at the moment is that we are working on a make up date for Cleveland in the near future - check back with the calendar section of my website for updates.

There is one bit of good news to report. As mentioned, I am now resting in Minneapolis and I am very much looking forward to Saturday night's show at the Quest Room.

I'm sure most of you are aware that I am not a DJ who misses gigs unless I am genuinely ill. This kills me to have to cancel and I know that it took a good bit of planning for many of you to attend these shows so please accept my sincere apology for not being there with you.

Sincere regards,

John Digweed

:(

Originally posted by sevan546

it's still on for wed. @ centro fly, he's actually on his way here and will arrive late tonight. see you guys all there it's going to be a great thanksgiving eve.

Wow.. I almost just had a heart attack.. Sevan.. I'm gonna be calling you sometime tomorrow..