Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How was Opium last night

pimpineo

Me, abby, koky, jimmy got there at around 11:30 (cuz Jimmy took forever to get ready;) Thanks to ogmiami for the guestlist, the discount was definetly appreciated.

First off Ariel Bond (??-1:00) was amazing, his set was better than Oakey's! I've never seen him spin before and I was REALLY impressed.

I had a great time:D, Oakey's set was all over the place, but he was pretty f*cked up as usual so I wasn't surprised. However the place was going crazy the whole time (all I have to say is girl in little boys underwear and $10,000 boob girl flashing everyone). He spun for 2 1/2 hrs, from 1-3:30. I'm going to see him again at the new Limelight Thursday (Estate) and despite the needle skipping and 30 minutes of "intermission" where he was not really paying attention to what he was doing....I am looking forward to Thursday!

I am always bad a tracklistings although I knew almost all of them, so hopefully the other guys remember!

We left after Oakey was done, had to get up for work this morning, but I got my poster so thats all that counts;)

Originally posted by steffy27

Me, abby, koky, jimmy got there at around 11:30 (cuz Jimmy took forever to get ready;) Thanks to ogmiami for the guestlist, the discount was definetly appreciated.

We left after Oakey was done, had to get up for work this morning, but I got my poster so thats all that counts;)

nice review...but no HERNAN???:(

i have to agree with steff on this one.. ARIEL BOND kicked ass ! oakenfolds set was not the best cause he was SOOOOOOOOOOOO wasted !! hey jesse .. he was as fucked up as deuce bigolow :laugh: it was hillarious !! but his track selection was pretty good actualy( had jimmy throwin down with the dance moves :laugh: ) <-- im serious too !! & jimmy kept tellin me all night how he still loves trance (sorry buddy but inquiring minds wanna know):laugh:

& steffy , do you have a problem with fake boobs & little boy underwear ?:D

& let me tell you guys this ! no matter how much he screwed up oaky had the whole place jumpin !! too bad the place was toooooo packed to even try to dance.

saw edgar for a bit but he disapeared in to the club & was never found again .

over all i had a pretty good time in a club i cant really get into but is beautifull & can improve a whole bunch !

thanx a millin to og miami for hookin it up @ the door . it was much appreciated..

& it was a pleasure like always hangin with abby , steff & future patio dj jimmy t..

p.s. im so pissed i wasnt able to see Hernan !! he was the main reason i went but i had to get some zzzzzzzz !! peace out !

Steffy's review pretty much hit the nail on the head...

First off Opium looks really nice with alll the renovations...

Too bad they dont spend some of that ca$h on their sound...

The system needs to be louder!!! Ariel's set was by far the best smooooooooooooooth operator... Paul "pay attention to your crowd" Oakenfold also had things going for a whiLe ... He kind of lost me when he played some remix of "Rocket Man" ... He got my attention again when he played a couple of U2 remixes...

One was "where the street have no name" i cant remember the name of the other... Very nice though... After that point he lost me completely... I ran for the door... Definaltey a fun night out though... Opium was filled to capacity....:)

I agree steffy's review covers it all. I must agree w/my girl that the ladies in underoos were a little too much but whatever that is opium for ya.

I have been to opium twice since i have been in miami and usually find it very snobbish and annoying but I must admit I had a great time Mon night.

I had a great time hanging out w/Koky and lavosdidiablo (hope i spelled that right) and it goes w/out saying you steffani.

abby

Glad to hear that those that went had a good time, hey brother of mine dont go out drinking anymore if your gonna come home sick,them you cant go to work.leave the booze before they leave you hehehehe

and another thing,still noone herd hernan? i got his latest cd perfecto south america and i must say it is really good,glad to see that argentina is keeping up.

peace out.

OK...let's set the record straight...

First of all, thanks to all the CPers who showed up and represented, you guys rock and are a welcome addition to any show I am involved with.

Next...Oakey was completely sober. Any of you who know me can vouch for the fact that I'll tell it like it is and I'm telling you that I was with him most of the day and through dinner and he had had two glasses of champagne before going on. I've done many shows with him through the years and I've only seen him wasted before a set once.

Hernan...He was supposed to get his US visa in time to do the show with Paul but it was delayed so he is joining the tour in NYC tonight. We will do a make up Hernan date soon and you are all on the list. Sorry for the no-show, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Opium...I'm really happy to see mostly positive comments about the club. I think it's the most beautiful club in the area. The renovations are almost complete and it's looking better every day. The sound will be improved as well and I am planning a bunch of events there. I thought they did a great job of putting away the attitude and making a "music" crowd feel welcome.

Ariel...I've said it for years and I'll say it again...this guy is the shit. He has done everything for me from open for big DJs to playing the night himself and has never let me down. I have never had a negative comment about him or from him. He truely loves what he does and it shows in his sets. When we found out that Hernan was not going to make it I called him and asked him to extend and open for Oakey and he went out to the store and bought an hour's worth of new records at the right tempo so as to be able to set the main guy up right. He is a pro and a great guy and somebody needs to give this guy a residency doing more than opening for George Acosta. Just my two cents.

Anyway, thanks again to those of you who were there.

Dade

I'm pissed that I couldn't show, I got tied up playing catch-up from the weekend...good to hear Oakie did well, glad to see Ariel get some well-deserved attention. I think him, and Roland are Miami's next star DJs, to follow in the trail blazed by Oscar.

Originally posted by ogmiami

Ariel...I've said it for years and I'll say it again...this guy is the shit. He has done everything for me from open for big DJs to playing the night himself and has never let me down. I have never had a negative comment about him or from him. He truely loves what he does and it shows in his sets. When we found out that Hernan was not going to make it I called him and asked him to extend and open for Oakey and he went out to the store and bought an hour's worth of new records at the right tempo so as to be able to set the main guy up right. He is a pro and a great guy and somebody needs to give this guy a residency doing more than opening for George Acosta. Just my two cents.

Dade

BUMP!