Clubplanet Nightlife Community

People who load up your whole drive on Soulseek

bionic

Originally posted by xpander

That explains why some guy banned me...didn't know it was bad practice. My bad...:(

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you serious? of course you got banned. do you really think that someone wants you to dl 4567456 songs from them, do you know how long that could take. If you want a specific song dl that, but not everything. you prob dont even know half the stuff your dling. that is def bad practice, dont ever do that.

Originally posted by AcidCrackwhore

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you serious? of course you got banned. do you really think that someone wants you to dl 4567456 songs from them, do you know how long that could take. If you want a specific song dl that, but not everything. you prob dont even know half the stuff your dling. that is def bad practice, dont ever do that.

See, that's the thing. If I have to go, I have to go...the uploading gets killed. When I have to shut it down, I'll wait for people who're close to finishing. Otherwise, it gets cut off. But yeah, I won't do it again.

As for the "not knowing half the stuff I d/l" bit...it was actually somebody named "hybridkid". This guy has a MASSIVE collection of Hybrid tracks. If you can't tell from my avatar yet, I'm a huge fan of Hybrid. So I knew what I was downloading...trust me. ;)

Come back to me Hybridkid!!! :cry: :cry: :cry::laugh:

The thing to note is that just because someone is queueing a lot from your collection that doesn't mean they are hogging your bandwidth. You can only d/l one song at a time from someone. Other users will still get to d/l stuff from you, provided you have made slots available.

If it's during prime hours and I want to curb someone's queues I'll just warn them, or delete all their extra queues.

IMO, if you have high bandwidth you should keep about 4 slots available. Anything less than that is just cheesy.

It all depends. I found this kid with a ton of stuff that I was interested in and queued alot from him. He saw that we had a fairly fast connection between us, and I guess he was interested in alot of shit I had, because he queued up a ton of shit from my folders. I got tired eventually, so I queued up a ton more shit from him and went to bed. And when I woke up I saw that he had downloaded just as much shit from my puter. I thought that was pretty cool, that we didn't know each other and never messaged each other, but we both ended up with an insane amount of new music the next day and weren't bothered with banning or queuing bullshit.

true dat...

the problem i have is with people who try to leech software or tons of techno all at their 0.1 kbps d/l speed. Or even worse, they have nothing to share in return!

the best thing is to add each other to your buddy list so you get queue priority. also, donate to soulseek and watch how fast you get to the top of the queues ;)

Yeah, that kid and I were getting around 40kbps between our connections for about four hours straight before I went to bed. I assume it stayed about the same while I was sleeping even though my dsl isn't all that stable all the time.

And yes, donate to Soulseek. It's only $5 for 30 days which is an awesome deal if you use it. I've been donating for the past three months and usually don't have to wait more than ten or fifteen minutes for the download to start if it's remotely queued.

I never ban people!

Maybe im just too nice but i have tons of music, and if people wanna que up 30 songs then i say go right ahead, just dont be mad when i sign off. The only time i delete que's is when i want my friends to download something.

i have like tons of live sets though - que more than 3 of those is kinda wack, id prolly delete some.

I mean, I understand that somebody sees that I'm into the same stuff they are, but to load up 50 tracks with such a slow speed, prevents anybody else from gettin there's..

I'm all for sharing. I have all my tracks on my computer at work and purposely leave it on so my files are available, but to do something like that is just selfish.

I warned him, got no reply, and nothing was done about it.

Result: BANNED.

anybody speak spanish?

I wanna know what this dude said...

[reefNYC] UNBAN ME!

[elgrankpo] que, soy de apueblo

[reefNYC] what? get a english translater

[reefNYC] why did you ban me?

[elgrankpo] traducete tu desde el español

[elgrankpo] no te jode

[elgrankpo] y no m grites

[reefNYC] I dunno what you just said just like you don't understand shit i'm telling you motherfucker

[elgrankpo] no me compliques tanto las frases

[reefNYC] the richie hawtin mix

[reefNYC] Unban me

[elgrankpo] are you richie hawtin?

[reefNYC] NOW YOU SPEAK ENGLISH RIGHT!

[elgrankpo] jajajaja

[reefNYC] i want to upload from your shit

[elgrankpo] what?

[reefNYC] UNBAN ME!