Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CLUB MAZE Grand Opening tomorrow

mazegirl

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

vipnerd, what are you talking about? Space has a 24 hour permit...

mobile truss is cool :)

pod the radio said maze is open till 7am... WTF is up with that? is that true?

ps the big fat dude was much better then the piece of glass pertecting the sound system boards..:laugh:

Originally posted by saleen351

pod the radio said maze is open till 7am... WTF is up with that? is that true?

ps the big fat dude was much better then the piece of glass pertecting the sound system boards..:laugh:

SOBE clubs are open this Friday and Saturday 'til 7 am, like in Memorial, 4th of July, Labor, and New Years......:hat:

Clubs on the beach can get a special permit anytime they want to to stay open till 7 AM. It's not a 'permanent' permit, it's a one time thing, i.e. in theory, Maze, crobar, Spin, or Level could stay open until 7 AM any time they wanted to, they just have to go to City Hall and pony up the fee for a special extension on their permits.

5 AM closing is still standard though, but I can see a 7 AM closing time becoming reality by late 2003 hopefully.

I think Maze may put the hurt on all clubs as far as alcohol sales are concerned..Bud Light is $4.00, Corona is $5.00, mixed drinks are no more than $7 or $8. Maze also posts their pricing for drinks near each bar, to combat fraud...i.e. a bartender can't overcharge you arbitrarily. So, a strict pricing policy, and lower drink prices will get people to go certainly.

Apparently, Maze had a helluva crowd this morning though for their circuit party event, something on the order of 1,200-1,400 people showed up....

The trick is, getting a mixed crowd to go there on Fridays, because people will start to say Maze in the same breath as Twist or Score....

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by pod

Clubs on the beach can get a special permit anytime they want to to stay open till 7 AM. It's not a 'permanent' permit, it's a one time thing, i.e. in theory, Maze, crobar, Spin, or Level could stay open until 7 AM any time they wanted to, they just have to go to City Hall and pony up the fee for a special extension on their permits.

5 AM closing is still standard though, but I can see a 7 AM closing time becoming reality by late 2003 hopefully.

I think Maze may put the hurt on all clubs as far as alcohol sales are concerned..Bud Light is $4.00, Corona is $5.00, mixed drinks are no more than $7 or $8. Maze also posts their pricing for drinks near each bar, to combat fraud...i.e. a bartender can't overcharge you arbitrarily. So, a strict pricing policy, and lower drink prices will get people to go certainly.

Apparently, Maze had a helluva crowd this morning though for their circuit party event, something on the order of 1,200-1,400 people showed up....

The trick is, getting a mixed crowd to go there on Fridays, because people will start to say Maze in the same breath as Twist or Score....

yea i saw that with the price list, though i didn't really read it. Seems they took of the saleens' complaints and made sure they won't happen there. Only thing is the 20 bones at the door. I'm a 10 dollar clubber, 20 is tough, but if you work out the math with the drinks it kinda works out. But i'll tell you this maze probably has started a price war with drinks. And since at spin you need 4 forms of id, and a secret password to get the local drinks, that i've never seen, i'm glad maze is a no BS type of place...

oh i forgot, no stephan at the door,,,, woooooohooooooooooo

though he has improoved of late..

I was chatting with my roomies today after i wrote the reviews, and I think I kinda down played it a little too much, the place is a breath of fresh air, and the way they treated us was great. Not sure who they were but some club folk, maybe big wigs, came up and said hello. I was kinda taken back. Mazegirl was oh so nice and the how u doings and thank yous were every where...

lets hope they treat us the same way if the people start pouring in...:idea:

Originally posted by pod

Really??:confused: .....anytime they want????:( .....You mean that for example......Crobar the day of Sasha could had bought a permitt to extend his set 'til 7 am???:confused: WTF are they thinking then:mad: ........how much could this permitt be??......could cooljunkie educate us thru your contacts???......Pleeeeeeeeease!!!..........

I was under the understanding the 7 am thing was only on long weekends/special holidays.......:eek:

____________________________________________--

Simply smart.......and customer friendly.........bartenders tend to suck.........and abuse............props to MAZE.......:)

This is less of a threat than what you might think........the voluntary segregation of "straight" and "curved":D only hurts the party.......in other words, as long as you know what you are......simply BE YOURSELF.........

Based on the new movie posted by GA2 this morning..."Escape from SOBE".......and the amount of innecessary material roaming Washington Ave..........we indeed are starting to look like NYC.....and there is where MAZE would fit.......a place packed with a mixed crowd.......w/great sound and lites........w/top DJs........

Am I still in the same SOBE of last week????:confused:

:hat:

The permits are for weekends only...Sasha came on a Monday, he woulda had to call it at 5 AM regardless...

The permits must not be cost-effective for a club unless there's a special reason...i.e. if they're open 2 more hours, thats a few more bucks the club has to dish out for cops, security, DJs, bartenders, electricity, etc...i.e. they expect a return on their permit...

oh i forgot, no stephan at the door,,,, woooooohooooooooooo

though he has improoved of late..

:eek: :eek: Anyone could improve from where he was at:rolleyes:

One thing is to have a french working the door at Opium.......another thing to have a french spin every nite at Crobar.....but that "pocket bottle" thinks he is a 1.5 lt. .......:tongue:

I'm tired of him trying sooooooo hard to be my friend:blown:

Originally posted by pod

The permits are for weekends only...Sasha came on a Monday, he woulda had to call it at 5 AM regardless...

The permits must not be cost-effective for a club unless there's a special reason...i.e. if they're open 2 more hours, thats a few more bucks the club has to dish out for cops, security, DJs, bartenders, electricity, etc...i.e. they expect a return on their permit...

I'm starting to think clubs down here need to hire a Financial Analyst to run their operation.........:rolleyes:

Forget Sasha.......I know he came Monday........lets say Timo Maas....for the 800+ days of Crobar........the place was packed.....flying packed.......

Everyone knew they would close at 5 am.........so most clubbers by 4:33 (I'm being sarcastically exact now) bought their last drink...'cause 22 minutes later......back to reality on Washington Ave........

Now.......had the club been open 'til 7 am........no earlier that 6 am would people stopped drinking........adding all the costs you mentioned........I can't see 1 1/2 more hours of solid sales at the bar couldn't outweight their expenses.......that's like 50% the peak time of most clubs down here (1:30 - 4:30)

The promotional impact of having the club close at 7 am......adding a top flight DJ.......would increase the number of goers......funnel in some of the people partying at other clubs in SOBE......

IMO.......7 am would hold most of the people that go past 5 am to downtown.........

It's tough for me to believe this permitt can be bought and that not once it has been used..........are you sure??:confused:

It's a 'special event' permit, it can only be used on the date in question. There's no general extension permit on the beach as of right now. You can open again at 8 AM, but no club on the beach outside of the gay community has been able to pull that one off in recent history.

Guest saleen351

vipnerd, bro, you seem like a cool cat, but can you please type your posts in MS Word then cut and paste them into clubplanet...

:)

vipnerd, bro, you seem like a cool cat, but can you please type your posts in MS Word then cut and paste them into clubplanet...

:)

:laugh: :laugh:

Thank U...... fell the same way......

Sorry for the writing style...... my colloege teachers used to bitch at me too......... at least its readable..... is it??:rolleyes::)