Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey Miami! a question for ya

djmikedr

Originally posted by apotheosis

I've been hearing how Miami really supports their "local" DJ's (as compared to NY i guess)... any thoughts on that?

word correction: local, not "own"

Most people on this board and hardcore dance headz support locals. Other than that, there is not much local support. Being seen at the "in" party takes priority over good music 9 out of 10 times in this town.

Originally posted by corinto

Well, alot of DJs over here have a fanbase...

Edgar V and Oscar G seem to have the most loyal fans...

Bellini also has a big group of followers:confused:

Peace.

I would add:

Stryke...... serious following by the industry

DHM..... four years of strong following

Mono Henao and Chris Duque..... nice break thru this year

Roland..... the Prince of Space

Eddie X ..... in the gay community especially

and a few more that escape my head............:hat:

Now I know what you mean exactly by support and loyalty...

I think it would be fair to say yes...I personally have my favorites and I show my "support" by attending frequently to catch them wherever they might be spinning...yes, sure.

But I have to be honest, I'm not really doing it necessarily to show my support...nuh...first, I go to hear a Dj for what I'm going to get out of it...consequently it becomes "support" but initially It's really more about personal gratiphication.

Of course, when a Dj plays what you react to inmediately then there's a special connection with the party, the music, the people , the place itself and ultimately the Dj.

There's more to a creating a following than just a good Dj...a good Dj needs a good team of people working with and around them to create the right conditions for that following and support to build and gain momentum.

Examples:

Aquabooty's crew + D.H.M.

Phat Music Session's crew + Mono Henao & Chris Duque

I can show my support to anyone, anywhere at anytime...but loyalty I will only show to a Dj and a party that's loyal to me.

So...you leave me only with one question ...what exactly do you mean by "Dj"???

Funk :cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll try to be as progressive as I can possibly be as long as I don't have to try too much"

- Lou Reed

Originally posted by apotheosis

"Support" as in loyalty to local DJ's as oposed to ONLY Big names that come around.

i think there are people in Miami that follow certain "home town" Djs...Oscar G, Edgar V and even cheesy George Acosta have followers....i have supported many of our locals, such as: Oscar G, Edgar V, Stryke, Roland, Jimmy T, SOTU boys, DHM, Meng (from this board) and even Acosta back in the day...more Miami clubgoers should support our local talent...they are DAMN GOOD, IMO....to me, the Patio with Roly is a great party within a great party....so lately i support Oscar G and Roly....this Friday i am going to Space to support Stryke and Edgar V...if our locals had more backing within their hometowns then the word would spread and bring these locals better chances to spin elsewhere in the US