Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Playstation 2 Problem...

I was watching Lord of the Rings on PS2 a lil while ago until I ran into a problem.

Around scene 24, the movie went to a black screen with an error message that said "Unable to Read Disc".

I called up Sony and they told me to try to vacuum the back of the system which I did, still with no luck.

This has happened to me before while watching a few other movies too. Mostly the long ass 3 hour ones.

Has this happened to anyone else? How the fuck do I fix this horseshit machine. I really do not want to send it back to Sony, but if it comes down to it I guess thats what I'm gonna have to do.

Thanks in Advance

Whats up, I had the same problem , there is a defect with the P2's with the dvd player , the laser that it uses burns out, its not a great dvd player at all , its also seperate from the laser for the game, I called sony and had it sent to them and they sent it back to me fixed , or u can return it to the store u got it from, I knwo it sucks i went through the same problem , but most new P2s have a better dvd player now, Good luck man sorry if i didnt help much but not much i can really do!!

Originally posted by sandman1130

Whats up, I had the same problem , there is a defect with the P2's with the dvd player , the laser that it uses burns out, its not a great dvd player at all , its also seperate from the laser for the game, I called sony and had it sent to them and they sent it back to me fixed , or u can return it to the store u got it from, I knwo it sucks i went through the same problem , but most new P2s have a better dvd player now, Good luck man sorry if i didnt help much but not much i can really do!!

Thanks man...

I gave Sony a call and looks like im gonna send it back to them to get fixed.

the same fckin sht happened to me it doesnt read dvd's or games and its pissing me off i called sony and they said we will fix it for $150 im like what the fuk i could buy another PS2...seriously sony should call back all the early PS2 and give new ones instead of buying a hole new PS2..BTW Sandman did sony fix yer PS2 for free and when was this???

sg