Clubplanet Nightlife Community

They Say Only the Good Die Young

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to everyone for such kind words and good advice in such a time of grief. Great Friends and Time are the only thing that will get me through this. I'm at work right now, and I'm completly masking all of my emotions in here. I just keep thinking I will wake up from this horrible nightmare :cry:

I will post information about his funeral for those who are interested in attending as I find out from the family.

Dan i heard something about this last night, but i heard 2 different stories. I was hopeing to hear that BOTH were not true...........

Very, very, sorry and upset to hear about this. Stay strong. I know there is nothing to say to make you feel better. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dan,

My condolences to you, dave's friends, and dave's family. As much as it is difficult to do, you shouldn't think about the what ifs, because that is indirectly putting blame on yourself, when you are not at all responsible. Hindsight is 20/20, but it was just another night turned tragic by god's will. Life is short, and sometimes a tragedy like this makes u take a step back and realize how important each day is, and how each day is taken for granted. I'm deeply sorry for your loss, and pray for dave and all his loved ones.

dan,

i know i spoke with you on sunday but i just wanted to tell you once again how sorry i am for your loss. my prayers go out to all of his family and freinds. i had the pleasure to speak with him a couple of times and he seemed to be a wonderful person. if there is anything i can do to help please don't hesitate to call.

Guest bonsolidd

Sorry Dan... I have known Dave for along time. One of the greatest people to be around..... fun, energenic, lovable .....

I / We will all surely miss him.... you or the family need anything please do not hesitate. My Condolences, Bon

My condolences to Dave and his family. This is surreal. I just read a similar story on another site. mainpromos.com

VERY IMPORTANT!!!......Everyone Must Read.....Crucial Advice Inside!

O.k. To Start off The Story.....There Will Be Points Where It'll Sound Like i'm Talking to Another Person.....Deal With it.....Anyone That Really Knows Me.....I Mean Really knows me.....(people I've Talked To In Life).....Knows About My Ex-Girlfriend.....

Jessica.....

We Went Out Exclusively for Around 5 Months.....Something like That.....We Dated On And off For About 7 Months Afterwards.....And This Girl Was My First And Only true Love To date......I mean I love Her To Death.....I Remember the first Night We went Out, We Went Saw A Movie.....We Talked through The Whole thing Sarcastically Making Fun Of Each Other.....Having A Good Time......Then We left Holding Hands.....It Was So Awesome!! We got Back To Your House And Walked Your Dog While I Waited To Be Picked Up.....And I Actually Was So Surprised I got A Kiss.....Still To This Day That's The Best Kiss Ever.....

There Were So Many Nights We Spent together.....Every night After Volleyball Me And luke Would Stop Over And Spend Like 5 Hours Past my Curfew Just Hanging Out With You And One of your Friends.....I'd Sneak Out At One O'clock To Come And Spend the Night out with You Somewhere.....I got Grounded for Like A Month When My Mom refused To let Me Go Out W/ You somewhere So I Did it Anyway, And Got into So Much Trouble for it......

I Dunno really what Happened, But over Something Stupid We Broke up......I remember After That Happened I felt really lonely For A little but.....We Started Talking Again At The Beginning of My Volleyball season.....And I Knew I Wanted To Go Out With You and you Wanted To Be with Me.......But I Wasn't Lying when I Said I Was too Busy.....I Was......But I Realize Know I Should've, And D*med On And off For About 7 Months Afterwards.....And This Girl Was My First And Only true Love To date......I mean I love Her To Death.....I Remember the first Night We went Out, We Went Saw A Movie.....We Talked through The Whole thing Sarcastically Making Fun Of Each Other.....Having A Good Time......Then We left Holding Hands.....It Was So Awesome!! We got Back To Your House And Walked Your Dog While I Waited To Be Picked Up.....And I Actually Was So Surprised I got A Kiss.....Still To This Day That's The Best Kiss Ever.....

There Were So Many Nights We Spent together.....Every night After Volleyball Me And luke Would Stop Over And Spend Like 5 Hours Past my Curfew Just Hanging Out With You And One of your Friends.....I'd Sneak Out At One O'clock To Come And Spend the Night out with You Somewhere.....I got Grounded for Like A Month When My Mom refused To let Me Go Out W/ You somewhere So I Did it Anyway, And Got into So Much Trouble for it......

I Dunno really what Happened, But over Something Stupid We Broke up......I remember After That Happened I felt really lonely For A little but.....We Started Talking Again At The Beginning of My Volleyball season.....And I Knew I Wanted To Go Out With You and you Wanted To Be with Me.......But I Wasn't Lying when I Said I Was too Busy.....I Was......But I Realize Know I Should've, And D*mn Well could've Made Time For You.....

So we Stopped Talking For Awhile Again......School Went By And then I graduated And Started College...Within Like 2 Weeks......And We started Talking Again......I Was With You The Whole Day.....Each day For Like A Week......Everything Was Back to Normal Again......It Was Awesome......But Then My Excuse Was I Was Still Busy And I Wanted To See What College Life Was Like Without Being Tied Down.......I Swear I'm A F*ck Up; I mean I Compared Every Girl I Talked To.......To You......I Regret Those Words.......So Much......

We Then Talked About once Or Twice A Week Occasionally Just Checking Up On Each Other and All......I'd Even Stop By Your work To Visit Sometimes......I Even Stopped By Monday To See You But Your Manager said You Weren't On the Schedule that Day, But She'd let You Know I Stopped By......

Fast-Forward......

Anyways.....Last Night.....(Thursday Night) I'm On My To Volleyball With My Best Friend Luke And Another guy.....Somehow In Conversation It Comes Up That There Was A Car Crash......And they Were from Princeton.....it Was A really Rainy and Wet Day Out, And Somehow (Beleived To Have Been cut-off By A Semi) They Swirved Over The Median And Struck An oncoming Vehicle At Something Like 60-70 MPH.......The Crash Killed Two High School Students from Princeton......At first In Well could've Made Time For You.....

So we Stopped Talking For Awhile Again......School Went By And then I graduated And Started College...Within Like 2 Weeks......And We started Talking Again......I Was With You The Whole Day.....Each day For Like A Week......Everything Was Back to Normal Again......It Was Awesome......But Then My Excuse Was I Was Still Busy And I Wanted To See What College Life Was Like Without Being Tied Down.......I Swear I'm A F*ck Up; I mean I Compared Every Girl I Talked To.......To You......I Regret Those Words.......So Much......

We Then Talked About once Or Twice A Week Occasionally Just Checking Up On Each Other and All......I'd Even Stop By Your work To Visit Sometimes......I Even Stopped By Monday To See You But Your Manager said You Weren't On the Schedule that Day, But She'd let You Know I Stopped By......

Fast-Forward......

Anyways.....Last Night.....(Thursday Night) I'm On My To Volleyball With My Best Friend Luke And Another guy.....Somehow In Conversation It Comes Up That There Was A Car Crash......And they Were from Princeton.....it Was A really Rainy and Wet Day Out, And Somehow (Beleived To Have Been cut-off By A Semi) They Swirved Over The Median And Struck An oncoming Vehicle At Something Like 60-70 MPH.......The Crash Killed Two High School Students from Princeton......At first I Thought Nothing Of it, And Then I Blurted Out the first Name In My Mind......And Yes.....it Turned Out Jess Died Instantly In The Crash......The Crash Happened On Tuesday......And I found out Two Days Later.....

I Couldn't Breathe When I Found Out it was true......I Had to Call Her House To Find out the news Since The Guy Didn't Exactly Remember Any Names Or Anything.....I Can Remember Wanting To Cry So Terribly I Really Couldn't.....And then I felt A Need to See people.....I immediately Jumped In My Car And Drove down To See Her Best Friends We Were All Close With.....And I Tried To Go see Her Family But I Couldn't Make It To The front Door.....I ended Up Driving Over And Helped The Close Friends Make A picture Collage.......And then Around like 1:30 I Just drove Around.....I Found Out Where The Accident Actually Happened.....Parked My Car, And Actually sat One the Side of the Highway And Just Cried......And Talked To You.....

Today Was the visitation And tomorrow Is The Actual Funeral.....The Whole Time I Wish I Could Just Wake Up.....that This All Was Just A Vicious Dream......I Mean.....F*ck.....I'm Tearing up And Crying And i'm Only typing A D*mn Message.....I held So Much Emotion In Today I Think I May Have An ulcer......I Cried The Whole Way To The Funeral Home and Had Enough Strength To keep A Straight Face For Like The F Thought Nothing Of it, And Then I Blurted Out the first Name In My Mind......And Yes.....it Turned Out Jess Died Instantly In The Crash......The Crash Happened On Tuesday......And I found out Two Days Later.....

I Couldn't Breathe When I Found Out it was true......I Had to Call Her House To Find out the news Since The Guy Didn't Exactly Remember Any Names Or Anything.....I Can Remember Wanting To Cry So Terribly I Really Couldn't.....And then I felt A Need to See people.....I immediately Jumped In My Car And Drove down To See Her Best Friends We Were All Close With.....And I Tried To Go see Her Family But I Couldn't Make It To The front Door.....I ended Up Driving Over And Helped The Close Friends Make A picture Collage.......And then Around like 1:30 I Just drove Around.....I Found Out Where The Accident Actually Happened.....Parked My Car, And Actually sat One the Side of the Highway And Just Cried......And Talked To You.....

Today Was the visitation And tomorrow Is The Actual Funeral.....The Whole Time I Wish I Could Just Wake Up.....that This All Was Just A Vicious Dream......I Mean.....F*ck.....I'm Tearing up And Crying And i'm Only typing A D*mn Message.....I held So Much Emotion In Today I Think I May Have An ulcer......I Cried The Whole Way To The Funeral Home and Had Enough Strength To keep A Straight Face For Like The First Hour or So.....Then I Couldn't stop Letting It Out.....I Miss you Terribly.......This Whole Situation Sucks So Terribly I Really for The Past Day Have felt Like I've Constantly Had The Wind Knocked Out of Me.....I mean I've Lost 6 Of My Closest Relatives And 4 Others That Were Kinda Close......And I cried for Them And All But I've Never Felt Like this.....I feel Really Sick......

What I'm Trying To say.....Is The Same Thing I heard A Bunch Of Times......I'm Sure People Will Disregard It just As I Did.....But Seriously......Don't Wait to Tell The ones You Love What And How Much They Mean To You.......You Might Not Get The Chance......

I Didn't Get To tell Jessica How Much She Meant To me While She Was Alive.....She Had Told Me Plenty Of Times How Much she Liked Me.....And how Much she Wanted To Be With me......But Never Once did I Say The Words...."I Love you"......Never Once Did I Just For No Reason tell You How Much I Loved Being Around you......And How Much You Meant To me.....I mean I Would Rather Die Than Have You Suffer Through A Paper Cut Much Less A Car wreck.......Even When You Had Other Boyfriends.....I Smiled......B/c All I Ever Wanted Was for you To be Happy.....I Was Jealous don't get me wrong, But Still Happy.....D*mn I Miss You So Much Already......I can't Help But think, Ya Know.....What If We Were Still Going irst Hour or So.....Then I Couldn't stop Letting It Out.....I Miss you Terribly.......This Whole Situation Sucks So Terribly I Really for The Past Day Have felt Like I've Constantly Had The Wind Knocked Out of Me.....I mean I've Lost 6 Of My Closest Relatives And 4 Others That Were Kinda Close......And I cried for Them And All But I've Never Felt Like this.....I feel Really Sick......

What I'm Trying To say.....Is The Same Thing I heard A Bunch Of Times......I'm Sure People Will Disregard It just As I Did.....But Seriously......Don't Wait to Tell The ones You Love What And How Much They Mean To You.......You Might Not Get The Chance......

I Didn't Get To tell Jessica How Much She Meant To me While She Was Alive.....She Had Told Me Plenty Of Times How Much she Liked Me.....And how Much she Wanted To Be With me......But Never Once did I Say The Words...."I Love you"......Never Once Did I Just For No Reason tell You How Much I Loved Being Around you......And How Much You Meant To me.....I mean I Would Rather Die Than Have You Suffer Through A Paper Cut Much Less A Car wreck.......Even When You Had Other Boyfriends.....I Smiled......B/c All I Ever Wanted Was for you To be Happy.....I Was Jealous don't get me wrong, But Still Happy.....D*mn I Miss You So Much Already......I can't Help But think, Ya Know.....What If We Were Still Going Out?? Would You Have even Been In That Car?? At That Exact Moment?? Would You Have Been Somewhere Else Or going Somewhere Else??......

Jess, I Would Give My Entire World.....My Life.....To Spend One More Day With you.....One More Chance To Hold You In My Arms.....One More Kiss.....To hold Your Hand.....To Hear your Heart Beat Up against Mine......I'd Give Anything, To Feel You Breathe Against My Neck.....i'm An F'in wreck Without You......I Love You Deeply And Miss You So Terribly Which Might Explain Why I've Been So Depressed The Last Day.....

So Here Ya Go Kids.......Treasure Every Moment You Have With The Special People In Your Life, B/c In A Blink Everything Nice And Fuzzy Can Be F*cking Torn Out of Your Life Forever......I hurt So Much Right Now I Really feel Unhealthy......I Don't Know How To try And Heal Myself......it's Like everytime Or Anything That Reminds Me of You......I Just Cry......I mean Sh*t, I Feel Empty......Like I Lost A Part Of Me.......B/c That's really What Happened......

Jess, I Love You Forever.....You Are My First True Love And Always Will Be......I Hold You In My Heart And Mind Eternally....The Closest Anyone Could Ever Be Forever....You Are My Strength And My will......Watch over, Guide And Protect Me.......I Love You Hun......Forever.

Originally posted by djdanfury

Thank you to everyone for such kind words and good advice in such a time of grief. Great Friends and Time are the only thing that will get me through this. I'm at work right now, and I'm completly masking all of my emotions in here. I just keep thinking I will wake up from this horrible nightmare :cry:

I will post information about his funeral for those who are interested in attending as I find out from the family.

Dan,

Sorry to hear about your loss... my best advice to you is not to dwell on why this happened and the what if's? etc. Everyone has a time and unfortunately for some, that time is definitely too short. For some reason the man upstairs has his purposes:confused: and only he can define them, always leaving friends and family in question, especially in circumstances such as this where you're talking about someone so young. Instead of asking yourself countless questions to which you can't find the answers, just TRY to keep yourself focused on the good memories and know that he's in a better place now, watching over you! Take it easy, you've got a lot of people thinking of you!!

Jen:kiss2:

dan youre a great guy and im very sorry for your loss bro. Keep your head up and if you need anything let me know. Youre a strong kid with tremendous character and I just know that your friend is in a better place, but part of him will be with you forever.

Hey bro....Listen you dont know me personally, But I iwll tell you that I met you @ the loft party in Nutley. I shook your hand as I was walking up the stairs, you were w/a girl. Anyway thats not the point!

Listen brother....I lost my BEST FRIEND 5 yrs ago this past Labor Day. I dont know if anyone here knew him but his name was Jack S. ...(from Nutley)he used to promote at Tunnel years ago...AKA...Jack Tripper!

My condolences and prayers go out to his family & yourself I know what your going thru! Only time ...thats all you need is time!You can keep on asking the usual questions: Why him? WHY? WHY? WHY?

HE IS IN A MUCH BETTER PLACE NOW, AND HE IS WATCHING YOU AND TAKING CARE OF YOU AND LOVING YOU MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW !

"ALWAYS ON MY MIND.....FOREVER IN MY HEART"

I figured I would share this with some of you since some of you may be friends with him. Also a big part of the reason I wanted to post this is, just to once again STRESS upon how important it is to drink responsibly, and be aware of your friends. A lot of times we get carried away at bars or clubs, and in the heat of the moment we feel like we can handle more then humanly possible.

I will be taking a break from the "Scene" for a while for obvious reasons. Please keep him in your prayers, and take care. It is going to be a rough Christmas for all of his family and friends.

Dan I am truly sorry to hear about your friend, my heart goes out to you and the family. It is very tough losing a friend at any time, especially around the holidays. I can sympathize with how you are feeling....... last Christmas a friend of mine was killed in a car accident just outside of the Abyss. Hang in there bro, I see you have plenty of friends to lean on!

I will send this link to all of David's friends. Reading all of your replies, stories, words of wisdom, and offers of assitance have definitely lifted me up on such a gloomy day and given me some optimism that I will cope with this tragedy. Thank you all for being so kind.

I will send this link to all of David's friends. Reading all of your replies, stories, words of wisdom, and offers of assitance have definitely lifted me up on such a gloomy day and given me some optimism that I will cope with this tragedy. Thank you all for being so kind.

dan i don't know u that well but when ever we see each other we say whats up if there is anything i could do just pm me

well allot of you know that i lost a girl that i was talking to a 22 yr old girl to drunk driving in the summer...and all i can say is nothing will take the pain away but understanding that:

God had this plan and whatever relatiionship you and his friends and family had with DAvid will contiue exacly the way it left off...you will reunite and it will be as if nothing changed....That is what helped me believe it was ment to be and thats its ok....

God bless and take care...